Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartie

Our Lovely Home @ Bishan

Went to Goh Ai Bee today to research on the prices of a list of around 10 to 15 electrical appliances models that we have.. However, they were unable to give us the prices on the new models of Samsung Series 5 and 6 TV because the prices will fluctuate very fast... Weird excuse.. New models also mean more expensive.. haiz... Think we have to wait till the next IT show to buy our TV liao...

And they also told us that the Fisher fridge that we chose saves electricity but it's not cold enough to even chill a cup of ice-cream.. That bad ah, I cannot imagine eating my fav Haagen Dazs in a soft state... And then he mentioned that the models of fridge that we asked him to check, Hitachi's one is a better option.. That model was merely selected by Smartie from the Hitachi website because it can fit into our existing kitchen cabinet size, we have never seen it in real life yet.. However, so far we didn't really see any Hitachi fridge in the usual Courts, Best D and HD stores leh.. Does Singapore still carry Hitachi fridge? How come it's so hard to find one.. Looks like we need to do more research liao...

We also loitered for a while at the Sleep Clinic of Courts.. The salesperson seemed to be only selling Sealy's mattress.. When I started asking simple qns about Slumberland, she started to show us a face.. Bad Attitude! Still, I prefer Slumberland to the rest so far..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
lookin good as it is.

nice place... bishan good location ;)

Looking good but still doing a bit of reno to satisfy my craving of RENO... :D

Went to Goh Ai Bee today to research on the prices of a list of around 10 to 15 electrical appliances models that we have.. However, they were unable to give us the prices on the new models of Samsung Series 5 and 6 TV because the prices will fluctuate very fast... Weird excuse.. New models also mean more expensive.. haiz... Think we have to wait till the next IT show to buy our TV liao...

And they also told us that the Fisher fridge that we chose saves electricity but it's not cold enough to even chill a cup of ice-cream.. That bad ah, I cannot imagine eating my fav Haagen Dazs in a soft state... And then he mentioned that the models of fridge that we asked him to check, Hitachi's one is a better option.. That model was merely selected by Smartie from the Hitachi website because it can fit into our existing kitchen cabinet size, we have never seen it in real life yet.. However, so far we didn't really see any Hitachi fridge in the usual Courts, Best D and HD stores leh.. Does Singapore still carry Hitachi fridge? How come it's so hard to find one.. Looks like we need to do more research liao...

We also loitered for a while at the Sleep Clinic of Courts.. The salesperson seemed to be only selling Sealy's mattress.. When I started asking simple qns about Slumberland, she started to show us a face.. Bad Attitude! Still, I prefer Slumberland to the rest so far..

Hmm .. why don't you try calling other electrical shops like Paris Silk, Ban Kim Chuan etc?

For the Fisher and Paykel fridge, we are quite happy with our fridge bought like a few years ago leh.

Sometimes it's better to take the salesman's advice with a little pinch of salt, most of them (from different shops) give us conflicting information :P

Hmm .. why don't you try calling other electrical shops like Paris Silk, Ban Kim Chuan etc?

For the Fisher and Paykel fridge, we are quite happy with our fridge bought like a few years ago leh.

Sometimes it's better to take the salesman's advice with a little pinch of salt, most of them (from different shops) give us conflicting information :P

We have actually called EverJoint & Hong Liang the day before. Trying to get a feel of the prices these shops offer.

Yah, it is true that salesmen give conflicting information sometimes. We will do our own research and make an informed decision :)

Good news that we have today is that we have finally gotten hold of the "Ever Busy" Uncle Soon... He promised to meet us this sat... Hopefully, he won't fly us aeroplane...

Rem to call him beforehand. but usually he doesn't deal with the hacking so he should have time.

Finally met the legendary Uncle Soon! And he's not late with our 2 reminders beforehand... In fact, earlier by 15 mins! :sport-smiley-018: He is very friendly and help us to save a lot of things... Keep telling us this is new and that is new, so keep them to cut cost.. Most surprising is about the shower screen and bifold door.. Most of the ID and contractor all said that shower screen and bifold door cannot be re-used after hacking the entire toilet... But he guaranteed that with him overlooking it, it's definitely OK! And he really sound very very confident...

So now have to wait for him to come back to us with quotes and see how things goes..

booy

haha I'm glad you finally met up with him today. He's very much for "省省做“. I think especially when he is dealing with young couples he wants to help you save cos he's so fatherly. :) As for the door... Good for you! With that guarantee... even if "touchwood" some accident happens, he will also give one back to you.. :) He's a man of his word la. Looks like you're happy with him. :)

booy

haha I'm glad you finally met up with him today. He's very much for "省省做“. I think especially when he is dealing with young couples he wants to help you save cos he's so fatherly. :) As for the door... Good for you! With that guarantee... even if "touchwood" some accident happens, he will also give one back to you.. :) He's a man of his word la. Looks like you're happy with him. :)

Yah, uncle is really friendly. When we mentioned that we want to change the aircon, he suggested how we should run the trunking and how he will hide it as much as possible. Definitely a good first impression. Now waiting eagerly for him to get back next week with his quote :)

Yah, uncle is really friendly. When we mentioned that we want to change the aircon, he suggested how we should run the trunking and how he will hide it as much as possible. Definitely a good first impression. Now waiting eagerly for him to get back next week with his quote :)

smartie, uncle is ultra nice and about the quote...give him a buffer of another 2 to 3 days before he comes back with it :) I only get my final quote yesterday, i.e. the night before the work starts...see how busy he is...

smartie, uncle is ultra nice and about the quote...give him a buffer of another 2 to 3 days before he comes back with it :) I only get my final quote yesterday, i.e. the night before the work starts...see how busy he is...

We will give him a call on wed... I hope to get a proper quote, not those in chinese that will really test me.. How long did you wait for your final quote?

We will give him a call on wed... I hope to get a proper quote, not those in chinese that will really test me.. How long did you wait for your final quote?

he gave me a quote in english after a week.

he gave me a quote in english after a week.

mine took more than 2 ... lol ... and it's the incomplete form ... he still added things in chinese on my english quote :P

Dropped by Katong Mall yesterday and went to Mega Discount Store and Casa Italy.

At Mega Discount store, we found the Hitachi fridge that I have shortlisted based on dimensions and energy saving ticks (must be 3 ticks or more). I actually brought a measuring tape there to make sure the dimensions are really what's stated on the specifications :) All looks good, and since it is cheaper than our initial Fisher and Paykel choice by around 300 dollars, we have more or less decided on getting the Hitachi. Will be getting quotes from other shops in addition to the one we got from Goh Ah Bee.

Next we went to Casa Italy and looked at their sofas. There were 2 which we liked. Initial price quoted by the salesperson was quite ok as well (we wanted to upgrade to full leather and change colour). Then he promised to give an even better price, but only if we confirm on the spot. When we asked how good, he said can only tell us if we confirm. I didn't really like his attitude. Keep saying that if we come back next time, won't be the same price. Sorry, but this kind of tactic will never work on me. It's not like he's the only person in the world selling sofas. Anyway, booy took photos of the 2 sofas:

sofa%20casa%20italy%201.JPG

sofa%20casa%20italy%202.JPG

1st one looks nicer but 2nd one is more comfy :) We are keeping the 2 in our shortlist, hopefully won't see the salesperson if we eventually decide to get from there. Anyway, there's another Casa Italy at Lavender, so we can choose to go there. It's just 5 mins drive from my place :P

Looks like my photos are quite nicely taken.. :D

Anyway, I actually wanted to take another photo of another white sofa which is more of my style. But there were two ladies who refused to leave that sofa and were there right from the time we stepped into the shop till we left the shop.. I believe it must be a very good buy since it was that comfortable till they refused to move away.. Therefore, think we will need to make another trip to Casa to try out that sofa.. :sport-smiley-018:

Dropped by Katong Mall yesterday and went to Mega Discount Store and Casa Italy.

At Mega Discount store, we found the Hitachi fridge that I have shortlisted based on dimensions and energy saving ticks (must be 3 ticks or more). I actually brought a measuring tape there to make sure the dimensions are really what's stated on the specifications :) All looks good, and since it is cheaper than our initial Fisher and Paykel choice by around 300 dollars, we have more or less decided on getting the Hitachi. Will be getting quotes from other shops in addition to the one we got from Goh Ah Bee.

Next we went to Casa Italy and looked at their sofas. There were 2 which we liked. Initial price quoted by the salesperson was quite ok as well (we wanted to upgrade to full leather and change colour). Then he promised to give an even better price, but only if we confirm on the spot. When we asked how good, he said can only tell us if we confirm. I didn't really like his attitude. Keep saying that if we come back next time, won't be the same price. Sorry, but this kind of tactic will never work on me. It's not like he's the only person in the world selling sofas. Anyway, booy took photos of the 2 sofas:

sofa%20casa%20italy%201.JPG

sofa%20casa%20italy%202.JPG

1st one looks nicer but 2nd one is more comfy :) We are keeping the 2 in our shortlist, hopefully won't see the salesperson if we eventually decide to get from there. Anyway, there's another Casa Italy at Lavender, so we can choose to go there. It's just 5 mins drive from my place :P

if you ask me, i thought the 2nd one looks better. more modern imho.