Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Living with disgusting neighbours

I think have a tactful and honest conversation with her is the best. Take note of the tone of your voice and body language. Tell her that you seek her help rather than make a demand that she stops the burning of the joss papers.

Appreciated your response and advise :)

Will update you all after i speak to her. Nex wed early morning she will burn again,cause wed is the 1st day of the chinese calendar :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I think have a tactful and honest conversation with her is the best. Take note of the tone of your voice and body language. Tell her that you seek her help rather than make a demand that she stops the burning of the joss papers.

I didn't managed to talk to this auntie but put up some wooden planks and empty pots along my bedroom corridor so as to block her from putting the bin outside. It worked,she didn't burn the joss papers outside my bedroom but moved the bin to in-between my other neighbour(a malay) and mine corridor.

Here comes the best part of the story..What anger me is this auntie still don't realise that we are not happy with her burning the joss papers outside our room,that's why we are putting up the planks and pots. Btw,we put it up on tuesday evening,whereby wed is the 15th day of the chinese calendar.Isn't it so obvious ??? Guess what,she went up to another neighbour uncle and complained us of blocking the corridor.I never seen such a ridiculous and brainless person before. :curse: She is so inconsiderate in the 1st place and now still have the face to complain about us.

Im worry i might end up quarrelling with this stupid woman if i have to bring this issue up to her. Well,it's a matter of time. :bangwall:

- This is a funny one. Keep seeing this woman (from my dining room window) popping out of the house and stealing water from the tap at the rubbish chute. Best thing is, while she fills the pail up, she'd hide from view, then quickly runs out to collect it before running off. To torture the poor woman (when I do see it), I'd rest on my window sill and look at her. ;)

I have this Lexus RX300 owner who openly "steals" water from the rubbish chute to wash his beloved SUV... I mean he parks his car there and uses the long hose to give his car a good wash... And on top of that, he takes his own sweet time to do it... As I went out for dinner on a saturday evening, he was about midway through... I returned an hour later and he was still there washing... I guess it's free water so might as well make the most of of it right?

He can afford to buy a Lexus but can't afford to pay for water like everyone else?

BECAUSE he saves on his water bill, he can afford to buy a Lexus.

Call the govt agencies. Washing with a hose is a national offence.

I just got my house and it's currently under renovation. My neighbour living next to my unit is a PR from India. The family likes to hang their clothings on the corridor railings and worst of all, the washed clothings still stink!!!

I wonder how am I going to hint to them not to hang their clothings along the corridor.....

My twenty over years neighbour is testing out my patience. This auntie burns joss papers every 1st and 15th day of the chinese calendar and she put the bin and burns directly outside my corridor bedroom.The smokes polluted the room as well as the living room though we closes all windows

My twenty over years neighbour is testing out my patience. This auntie burns joss papers every 1st and 15th day of the chinese calendar and she put the bin and burns directly outside my corridor bedroom.The smokes polluted the room as well as the living room though we closes all windows and to make things worse,this auntie burns only after midnite where we would be sleeping or going bed soon. :curse:

Frankly speaking,i would prefer her to auto abit cause if go up to her and tell her about it,will not be very nice and think she will be offended too.

She's not like that last time,twenty over years neighbours,any advice or solution from you bros and sis. TIA

for u its only twice a months. i have this neighbour an old aunty who shouted at her old husband and grand daugther everynight and at every hour or the day. she f##k care about the whole world she only care for herself.

last year when we are doing out confinement for my baby boy, she also shouted day and night she just didn't have to give a damned. she know we got a baby but for her she just didnt care.

for u its only twice a months. i have this neighbour an old aunty who shouted at her old husband and grand daugther everynight and at every hour or the day. she f##k care about the whole world she only care for herself.

last year when we are doing out confinement for my baby boy, she also shouted day and night she just didn't have to give a damned. she know we got a baby but for her she just didnt care.

May be the old lady has hearing problem?

May be the old lady has hearing problem?

one fine night she was like shouting so loud that i have to 'kan' her with 4 letters words. now she refuse to talk to us. i dont think she got hearing problem. dont think she will stop from then till now every night its happening. my boy is now one year old.

Anyone ever complain or email town council that your neighbours had placed all sorts of their belongings eg laundry, bicycle, shoe cabinet etc along their narrow corridor???

what will the town council do or not do???

My twenty over years neighbour is testing out my patience. This auntie burns joss papers every 1st and 15th day of the chinese calendar and she put the bin and burns directly outside my corridor bedroom.The smokes polluted the room as well as the living room though we closes all windows

I had the same problem with this idiot old couple, burn their crap papers (prepare to meet their makers) every 1st and 15th. Talk to them nicely - don't give a S**T... told my landlord..... they said they cannot do anything..... highlight this problem at meet the XXX session.... they just smiled.... cannot really do anything.... give face to the elders lor.... what the F.... what stupid answer is that? Just take a walk along corridors that have old people staying..... if issue fine... then the G will be super rich... can do away with ERP liaw. But frankly, they cannot do anything... have to please their constituents... their voters

Anyone ever complain or email town council that your neighbours had placed all sorts of their belongings eg laundry, bicycle, shoe cabinet etc along their narrow corridor???

what will the town council do or not do???

Yes, I did. Mine is next to corner flat and my corner neighbour hang their laundry at the corridor by using those stand and bamboo stick covering half of my door. Everytime open door will see their clothing i.e Underwear. I take photo and email to town council, told them its a fire hazard toward my family and also if there is fire on their clothing, my family will not have escape route. I think town council will not dare to take the risk which concern on fire safety issus. TC send notice to them to stop hanging their laundry at the corridor but after 1month there is no action done by them, I send another email to town council again but this time round, I cc the mail to the MP in-charge. :deal::curse: Guess what, few days later everything is gone from the corridor till now. Sometime really must come hard on them as no point talking to yr neighbour. :horse: Good luck to you.. :yamseng:

Yes, I did. Mine is next to corner flat and my corner neighbour hang their laundry at the corridor by using those stand and bamboo stick covering half of my door. Everytime open door will see their clothing i.e Underwear. I take photo and email to town council, told them its a fire hazard toward my family and also if there is fire on their clothing, my family will not have escape route. I think town council will not dare to take the risk which concern on fire safety issus. TC send notice to them to stop hanging their laundry at the corridor but after 1month there is no action done by them, I send another email to town council again but this time round, I cc the mail to the MP in-charge. :deal::curse: Guess what, few days later everything is gone from the corridor till now. Sometime really must come hard on them as no point talking to yr neighbour. :horse: Good luck to you.. :yamseng:

so your neighbor knew it you who complain them? this is my first time living in corridor hdb.

so your neighbor knew it you who complain them? this is my first time living in corridor hdb.

Yes, they confirm know that it me that complain them as I just moved there. I notice they have been doing this since I view the flat. As that whole house is rented out to afew ah tiong FT and I even saw the owner of the flat come talk to them about this issus. This is also my first time living in corrdor HDB flat too.

Edited by davidbslee

Yes, they confirm know that it me that complain them as I just moved there. I notice they have been doing this since I view the flat. As that whole house is rented out to afew ah tiong FT and I even saw the owner of the flat come talk to them about this issus. This is also my first time living in corrdor HDB flat too.

I also have this issue, they chain their bicycles to the pipe outside my corridor window. Very unsightly so i called TC and fired a letter, they called me up immediately and said they will send someone down to get them to clear it.

But i thought it would be better for me to speak to them directly. Wouldnt want bad blood with my neighbours, but i have yet to muster up the courage to tell them. Soon, soon.. once my reno is over i will walk over and tell them nicely, if they dont then i get the TC involved.

When i mentioned FIRE HAZARD all alarm bells ring with the TC, so they are very prompt to take action. But he also has alot of things like fish ponds etc outside his corner unit that doesnt bother me, so i dont want the TC to come clear it all and create bad blood between us.

Sometimes its best to just speak to them nicely, you'd be surprised how they will 'bo pian' and heed.

If they refuse to heed my words then i will get TC down and they will have to clear EVERYTHING including their silly fish pond.

Update you guys soon on how it goes, maybe next week.