Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Living with disgusting neighbours

I also have this issue, they chain their bicycles to the pipe outside my corridor window. Very unsightly so i called TC and fired a letter, they called me up immediately and said they will send someone down to get them to clear it.

But i thought it would be better for me to speak to them directly. Wouldnt want bad blood with my neighbours, but i have yet to muster up the courage to tell them. Soon, soon.. once my reno is over i will walk over and tell them nicely, if they dont then i get the TC involved.

When i mentioned FIRE HAZARD all alarm bells ring with the TC, so they are very prompt to take action. But he also has alot of things like fish ponds etc outside his corner unit that doesnt bother me, so i dont want the TC to come clear it all and create bad blood between us.

Sometimes its best to just speak to them nicely, you'd be surprised how they will 'bo pian' and heed.

If they refuse to heed my words then i will get TC down and they will have to clear EVERYTHING including their silly fish pond.

Update you guys soon on how it goes, maybe next week.

Hi aflop, any update on yr issus with yr neighbour?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi aflop, any update on yr issus with yr neighbour?

Hi David,

Well the town council called me on several occasions offering to send someone down to instruct them to clear it. One even sent an officer down to check the situation out and called me back saying that my neighbour had no right to keep a pond outside his place as he did not purchase the corridor space.

So he said he will have to issue them a warning letter, but i pleaded with them not to, at least until i speak to them about the bicycles. I was afraid the neighbour would think that i complained against them without having some decency to speak to them first. So the town council guy relented and said that if they refused to move the bicycles, call them and they will take action immediately.. heh, now i have a back up plan.

So the other day i spoke to them and they claimed that they would be moving the bicycles away as they needed it for their workers (runs a factory canteen).

A week has passed and nothing done yet, my plants and bench have arrived and are sitting in my living room for the moment, am giving them some grace time before i speak to them again.

If they still don't relent, i will set the TC on them!

Hi David,

Well the town council called me on several occasions offering to send someone down to instruct them to clear it. One even sent an officer down to check the situation out and called me back saying that my neighbour had no right to keep a pond outside his place as he did not purchase the corridor space.

So he said he will have to issue them a warning letter, but i pleaded with them not to, at least until i speak to them about the bicycles. I was afraid the neighbour would think that i complained against them without having some decency to speak to them first. So the town council guy relented and said that if they refused to move the bicycles, call them and they will take action immediately.. heh, now i have a back up plan.

So the other day i spoke to them and they claimed that they would be moving the bicycles away as they needed it for their workers (runs a factory canteen).

A week has passed and nothing done yet, my plants and bench have arrived and are sitting in my living room for the moment, am giving them some grace time before i speak to them again.

If they still don't relent, i will set the TC on them!

Ok, well done. If still no improvement from yr neighbour, dun give them face anymore. They are creating FIRE HAZARD and minimize escape route to yr family. :curse: Sometime this kind of neighbour talk also no use, must take action on them.

You guys are all so lucky compared to me.

I live in a ground floor apartment and my neighbour and I share a comman patio except for a solid brick/concrete divider of about 5 feet high spaarating us.

We both have identical awnings made from acrylic due to uniformity as per the MCST rule for approval.

They have a hugh alter painted bright red right next to my wall and my friends always ask me why I am living next to a temple(as a joke)

Not only do I suffer from joss stick smoke and endless MP3 chanting 24/7, the owner smoke at his patio whenever he is at home. The frequency is like every half an hour, one stick.

I wanted to put up a rigid wall but failed to get permission from the MCST, so now I have bamboo chick at least blocking out some of the smoke. 2nd Hand smoke Kills.

Any advice rom fellow members

Edited by fierydragon

seems like everyone having problem with neighbours, especially the elderly. i wasn't spared as well. mine is a corner unit. everyday going home or office, i machiam have to complete my army days's SOC (standard obstacle cource) except that this new route is shorter in distance.

my first immediate neighbour is the corridor unit nearest to my corner unit. everytime when i walk past the door, i have to take a deep breath in and brace myself forward for the next 10 seconds. Reason being, they never bath or clean their dog. the smell is so stong that we have to close our main door when all the time. Additionally, the dog always jump out from nowhere to the gate and bark at us. So many times i were so scared that i lost my head and shouted KNNCCB in front of my family. i dun even dare to invite my parents over because i worry that they will have heart attack when they walk past this SOC route.

after clearing the first obstacle, the next unit to clear is a corridor unit besides the lift lobby. Similarly to what you guys have experience, mine is like a mini bugis street guan yin temple owned by this old lady in her 50s. everyday in 4 different timing, she will burn joss sticks outside her door. during the 1st and 15th of the month, she willplay the chanting praying out loud. i also get to know that she doesnt get along with my previous house owner. therefore, from her kitchen and bedroom #2 which are facing my main door, she hangs all kind of funny ornaments like spider-web thingy, some tree branches and bua gua facing directly at my house. I havent asked her to remove the items away as i dun want to create any war btw us yet. just hope that oneday she realises that i am the new owner, not the previous malay onwer...

Edited by steelze

Imagine having a corner unit owner rearing at least 5 cats (which's perfectly ok since me alright w pets like dogs, even horses or monkeys) in her place, then proceed to let em out after midnight not jus to roam about but to crap along d whole stretch of common corridor except within 2 meters of their front door! It is really stinko n no joke smelling freshly-laid craps 5am in d morning n onwards!

Imagine having sanitary pads thrown out of windows n have Those 'stuck' to your bedroom's window!...n not new but all soiled ones!!! Some landed at passageway along void deck oso n is evident certain days of d month!

Imagine having a 'rainy shower' fm d 12th storey daily at 10am then 1pm (2 selfish routines for their own) on a bright sunny day which deems it impossible to dry thy laundry during such... Not to mention Rojak pastes being thrown down to hit your window panels & onto your kitchen flooring near window...so u hv to spend lots more on your water bills n sacrifices sleeping hrs jus to do d up those cleaning (& the police 'can't do anything since culprit admitted to d throwing due to intoxication but It Wasn't Hard Objects being thrown down so NO OFFENCE committed)!!!

Imagine having old farts urinating at corners underneath

void decks which showed their 'Full Moon' while in d process, n proudly zipped up & smile as if they'd done Singapore Government proud!

Imagine having group of drunkards drinking alcoholic beverages underneath your blk who screams into d middle of d night, disturbs sleeps n vomits all over!

Smaller issues faced include:

1) faeces on newspapers being placed inside lifts to stink up enclosure

2) smoking inside lifts (to which d authority can't do anything)

3) cleaner heck-caring current blk's cleanliness but placed more emphasis at opposite blk

4) ETC...

No prob immigrants, still a great place to stay in clementi rental blk though since your 'tougher guys' over me :)

I got similar problems as davidbslee and aflop.

My unit's main door is directly facing my neighbour's main door, with a common area in-between.

My neighbour got alot of things outside his house (plants, bicycles, metal cabinets). Quite an eye-sore but the worst thing is he lined up his potted plants all the way from his own door to mine! The plants are tall & outward-growing type.. and part of it is even obstructing our doorway. Imagine u need to brush some branches aside everytime you enter/exit your house. :bangwall:

After getting the keys, we endured for abt a month.. hoping they will be "auto" and remove the plants prior to our renovation start.

No. That did not happen. Finally we decided to talk to them nicely. My WTB told him that their plants might get damaged when workers moved things in/our of our house.. and advised them to move their plants. He actually replied:" No worry, if your workers need the space, juz ask them to inform me and I will shift the plants. After it's done, tell me so then I will put back."

:angry2: WTH.. u still want to put back the potted plants at the corner of my door?!!

Obstruction and eye-sore is one thing. They did not bother cleaning up the fallen dried leaves.. and some of it got blown into my flat!

I cannot tahan anymore and commented it is only fair that his stuffs should not cross over to our half. My neighbour looked pretty shocked at the change of our tone.

He obliged, and on the next day they shifted the plants away from our half. But since then, my neighbours never look into our eyes or exchange smiles whenever we knocked into each other.

Me and WTB would like to maintain a cordial relationship with our neighbours but it seems they are still very displeased with us. Oh well..

Edited by stardust205

Legally speaking, u r correct. But this is about causing inconsideration to neighbour, not so much I want that space to put my own stuffs. :yamseng:

If there is fire hazard or blocking of escape route, can also complain to Town Council. They will intervene.

did either of you pay HDB for the piece of 'common property' outside of your main-doors?

if not it belongs to public - neither of u or anyone else owns it

if there is fire hazard or blocking escape route, call police and SCDF

:D

r u staying in mental hospital

your neighbours sound like mentally-challenged

:D

Orange valley for old folks is directly opposite, n u're nearly rite here can be mistaken as buangkok med cte 2. Some of d interesting 'marvel hero' characters here:

1) mr stockings - tall 50+ man w crooked lips who always walk ard w stockings on both legs, n it smells! (yucks!)

2) strawberry - an short auntie who smokes strawberries-favored cigarettes everywhere she goes

3) beggar sect leader Qiao Feng - assisted by walking cane, spews profanities loudly n proudly, d first who starts d urinating party at void deck

4) zhen zi - yes d ghostly japanese soul has crawled to reside here too...love picking rubbish fm bins ard while hubby throws or pushes bulky rubbish into lifts n leave em

there

5) Kay po soh - rubbish picker too. Stand besides any two pax in conversation n ready to 'join' in the chat too. Stole

an egg fm d delivery man while he's doing his routine, talks as if she knows all ppl, never fails to rant 'i'm working hard!

How can anyone not work?!' ...& often she's seen loitering ard 12/7

6) monkey god - etc

7) 8 fairies crossing sea

8) Arnold swz T3

9) jb beng

...etc. Wa din know took so long jus to list a few...

Anyway v soon, we would hv gone crazy n becomes do-re-mi-fa liao!

Hi there, me have been having issues with my noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. They have creating constant noise nuisance early morning and late at night. I have talked to them and it doesn't help.

I have created a dedicate forum for sufferers like myself to share your experiences and lesson learnt. If you have successfully resolved it, hope you can share with us as well. Do share with your friends about the page and hope we can use the portal to highlight to the relevant parties how bad noise nuisances can be and more actions needed to be done. The page is as below: 

Please participate and share with your friends. Let us work together and help create a less noisy and inconsiderate community.