Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

will he 跑路 if he is into financial problem? :o

CHOY!!! da kar ley si! don't curse us leh.

*take needle and sew up Rondy's mouth*

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oohh.. if uncle continue this way, he is bound to have problem in the future... I think he really should be more strict in managing his finance as well.

no wonder last week he suddenly appeared at my place checking for defects and ask me to pay all the remaining balance as well. but since he's very nice to just charge us a lump sum (and of course with discount), so we wait no more and paid him the next day..

i meant risky on behalf of uncle lah. he complete project, owners' loan not approve, then cannot pay him then how? he do for free? that's what i meant.

I didn't mean to say uncle will run away.

i meant risky on behalf of uncle lah. he complete project, owners' loan not approve, then cannot pay him then how? he do for free? that's what i meant.

I didn't mean to say uncle will run away.

Uncle made lots of money over the years already :)

Since he is managing so many projects, he is just taking $$$ from those who can pay him first to settle instant payments.

If I am him, I also dun want to use my 'own' money to pay first.

I definitely dun think he will run away. Far from it!

His business is too good liao at the moment!

In fact, I saw a few of my neighbours asking him to do some work also :P

Just by doing my work, he got a few other works just by being around the estate.....

Cool

personally, i don't think uncle will run away la.

however, uncle should manage his finances better. to protect himself, he should wait until the client's loan is approved before committing mah. if loan not approved, i think will have a lot of issues one.

i think uncle works base on trust ba? I rembr someone saying that he started the biz with the intention of helping as many customers as possible in saving reno cost, that's why he charges to cheaply and yet so sui bian with payment.

i still rembr the day he came over ask ask... "ok or not.. u all really ok to pay me the last payment? if cannot u can pay me another time leh." :notti:

But indeed, i think he needs a financial PA.

Perhaps I could shed some light about the way how Uncle works out his finances based on my most recent meeting with him.

As Mrspiglet has shared, I believe Uncle is a highly principled man full of integrity and he really works alot based on trust with both his potential and confirmed customers.

When I met him, I actually shared with him on my own cash-flow situation as in I will only receive the sales proceeds upon the completion of the sale of my existing flat, which will be after the reno is completed. Thus, I asked if he would be comfortable with me working on the arrangement where I'd give him like a round figure should I confirm with him, and pay him the remaining after the completion of the reno and receipt of the sales proceeds.

I think what's good about Uncle is that he was very nice and kind enough to be willing to work on this arrangement where I could perhaps give him an amount I was OK to give, and even was concerned enough to ask me to make sure that I have enough to buy the other necessities such as Air-con, Toilet Accessories etc. My wife and I were really very moved by his sincerity, and asked him why he's OK to do so, and what if people run and don't pay how? Uncle just very matter of factly said that he just trusts people and will do his job to make his customers happy with their reno, and believes in trust and integrity. To him, if people really 'tua' him, then it's really sad, he also said bo pian.

Such people are a rare gem in today's world where there are many people out to cheat, who are mercenary and totally unscruplous.

I do hope for Uncle's sake that he has someone to help him manage his financials well too and that people do not ever take advantage of him.

ok, let me reiterate, Uncle Soon is not in financial trouble................

He did 50 per cent of all HDB projects last year.

I believe he made quite a bit over the years already.

It's just that it is not wise to accept too many projects whereby the bank loans are not approve still.

According to my banker's fren, it's just take 2 working days for the bank to access potential clients.

Edited by bodo

One round of cleaning body already aching. 4 rounds very "siong". Someone suggested to use magic clean, the cloth type. Will go buy and try it out.

I used the wet magic clean also leh but it's really not as effective as kneeling down to mop. Thankfully I had two helpers to do it with me otherwise I cannot imagine asking my parents to do it. :P They so old... haiz. The wet magic clean can only be used after maybe 2-3 rounds of mopping ba.

I agree it's super tiring.

Pet,

In this T-blog on page 11, post #403, I was sharing with Gaku on a particular tool that is used to detect hollow tiles.

when you drag the tool, the sound is like a dragging sound that is quite 'solid' like a eeeeeeeeee tone, but when you go over a hollow tile, the sound will clearly change to one that goes a deeper orrrrrrrrr tone which points out the hollow tile.

I guess if you do the tapping or knocking its the solid 'tock tock tock' sound vs the hollow 'took took took' sound.

Hope the above sound effects help ..ahahahahhaa! :P

LOL SOMEONE RECORD IT FOR ME! lol super funny. I know what you guys mean actually... when it's very obvious that it's hollow I can tell.. but I can't tell if it's subtle... hard of hearing I guess. (sigh)

MmM Uncle does need someone to manage finances. He's really bad at it. :P

Gaku, how have u been? long time no update le you.

Hi,

Sorry about that, has been missing in action for a while. Quite busy lately, due to father's day and also doing unpacking and cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning.

All appliances are in place and bed also in. The sofa and dinning will be in probably next week.

However rectification still not completed yet. Still found the many hollow tiles and some are really hollow in the center. I suspect the tiles have not been changed.

I didn't arrange uncle to rectification the tiling and fill the grouting last weekend because I have visitors on Saturday.

For carpentry, rectification done last weekend but the condition became worst. For my shoe rack doors, there were many scratches and the carpenter merely use a white marker to touch up. I am not happy with the carpentry because paid so much and get lousy quality. There are also white spots in the MBR cabinet and upon asking the carpenter to clean it, he realised that it is caused by acid wash and cannot be cleaned. So he has to talk to his boss to see if can changed.

I also checked with the carpenter about my tv console which is slightly dented and has lots of scratches and was told they cannot do anything about it. It will be too difficult and big job to replace and also the scratches are not caused by them.

For electrical, seems to have some problem with my tv reception. When the installer try to adjust some channel like Channel 8, the picture quality is not very good but other channels are ok. The installer suspect that there might be some problem with the electrician joining the scv cables. Coincidentally the installer mentioned that he has just went to install another unit in the same block without problem.

I forgot about curtain and now looking for someone to make the curtain rail. Budget constraint and thinking of getting the curtain from North.

aiyo...last week they tried to do rectifications for me, uncle mentioned some workers were at your place.

seriously...the scratches and all i can't accept leh. like urs, my rectifications for some stuff still not done :( hollow tiles must change leh...

aiyo...last week they tried to do rectifications for me, uncle mentioned some workers were at your place.

seriously...the scratches and all i can't accept leh. like urs, my rectifications for some stuff still not done :( hollow tiles must change leh...

Tell you lah, uncle smoked you a few times already.

Uncle called me up in the morning and told me will come to rectifiy. I told him I will only be in after noon. I didn't want to call him and see if he will call. If he call early, can rectify. If late, then cannot rectify cos I got visitors. In the end, no news from him. But I did called him yesterday to arrange for the Sat after next cos this weekend going north.

The previous saturday on the 13th morning also told you he is at my place right but actually he is in woodlands.

If scratches cannot accept, then think you might have alot of rectifications. If you can, do be around during rectification, if not they will suka suka knock here and there and create more problems.

huh...I'm so sad to hear that :(

I called him yesterday and told him my rectifications needs to be done in the morning this saturday. He will get the guys to call me.

Think i was not clear...the scratches u have...if i were u, i can't accept. mine still ok.

I will see if this saturday the guys come and settle my stuff...

apparently uncle forget that there is a GPS network that we use to track his whereabouts. ha!