Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

huh...I'm so sad to hear that :(

I called him yesterday and told him my rectifications needs to be done in the morning this saturday. He will get the guys to call me.

Think i was not clear...the scratches u have...if i were u, i can't accept. mine still ok.

I will see if this saturday the guys come and settle my stuff...

No need sad lah. Next time just take it with a pinch of salt.

I will take your advise to see if the laminate with scratches can be changed.

I was suppose to meet the carpenter boss on Monday after work to discuss. But he could not make it at the stipulated time, so postponed. Hopefully can meet him this evening.

You might want to ask for the "guys" number and call them instead. Most proactive. Sekali they learnt fast and become pilots, you can still call them up to direct them to your place.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No need sad lah. Next time just take it with a pinch of salt.

I will take your advise to see if the laminate with scratches can be changed.

I was suppose to meet the carpenter boss on Monday after work to discuss. But he could not make it at the stipulated time, so postponed. Hopefully can meet him this evening.

You might want to ask for the "guys" number and call them instead. Most proactive. Sekali they learnt fast and become pilots, you can still call them up to direct them to your place.

Oh no, u mean after my 'hacking' problems, I will have problems with scratchings etc

My nightmare just started.....................

Oh no, u mean after my 'hacking' problems, I will have problems with scratchings etc

My nightmare just started.....................

When you have more rectification, you will see more problems like dirty wall, scratch etc. So if you can, be around during the rectification. For me, I personally see the workers drag the metal toolbox with a string on my tiles and really heartpain.

Just to give you an example, the expense of second rectification after partial shift in cost me 2 floor mats, 2 shower towels, some scratches to the tv console and vanity top. Damaged toilet bowl don't count because I made them pay for it.

So I will try to accept those little problem and reduce rectification.

gaku, my rectification also not yet complete lor, imagine tat! reno finish for more than 2 mths liao. yesterday uncle fly my aeroplane again, waited 1 whole day at hm, didnt even dare to go buy food, in the end still din turn up. i calle him 6times from 12 to 6pm. he say he is at ur hse later come up to mine. when i called again he say he went to redhill liao. i am getting pissed off! will post the pics of my flooring tat needs rectification in my blog. paisey, jus grumbling here......

gaku, my rectification also not yet complete lor, imagine tat! reno finish for more than 2 mths liao. yesterday uncle fly my aeroplane again, waited 1 whole day at hm, didnt even dare to go buy food, in the end still din turn up. i calle him 6times from 12 to 6pm. he say he is at ur hse later come up to mine. when i called again he say he went to redhill liao. i am getting pissed off! will post the pics of my flooring tat needs rectification in my blog. paisey, jus grumbling here......

Sorry to hear that uncle fly your aeroplane.

ashes02, trust me he is not at my house. I have not seen him since 13th June. Don't know why he keep saying he is at my place when he isn't. Even if he is, he cannot enter the house as he already took back the number lock long ago. Don't tell me he got spare keys to my house!! :jawdrop:

After 2 months still have not complete rectification? That is quite bad. Maybe you can ask Joseph to help (think he is not a pilot yet!)

I also checked with the carpenter about my tv console which is slightly dented and has lots of scratches and was told they cannot do anything about it. It will be too difficult and big job to replace and also the scratches are not caused by them.

For electrical, seems to have some problem with my tv reception. When the installer try to adjust some channel like Channel 8, the picture quality is not very good but other channels are ok. The installer suspect that there might be some problem with the electrician joining the scv cables. Coincidentally the installer mentioned that he has just went to install another unit in the same block without problem.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your carpentry ..

Mine also have scratches and a few mis-drilled holes here and there, so they just use the pen to patch here and there.

But for the dented doors, maybe can try to ask them to replace

For the tv reception, are you using HD TV on Starhub cable? If yes, you need to go and get the HD setup box.

Mine also like that and the TV guy told us we need to get the HD setup box.

We got it last night and now swee swee :)

Anyway, just to add, I also have not seen uncle for about 3 weeks.

The last time was when he collect the 2nd last payment(20%) and go through the list of rectifications..

Then after that he only send the workers up. My last payment (VO) was handed to the carpenter actually :(

If you want your rectifications done, have to call him and chase chase chase

Edited by apples

ashes, same same here. but quite settled for now. been a month since i've moved in and i was like u, did not dare to go out to buy food, call him and he went else where. now i have taken to calling elder goh. more responsive. u wanna try that instead?

Sorry to hear that uncle fly your aeroplane.

ashes02, trust me he is not at my house. I have not seen him since 13th June. Don't know why he keep saying he is at my place when he isn't. Even if he is, he cannot enter the house as he already took back the number lock long ago. Don't tell me he got spare keys to my house!! :jawdrop:

After 2 months still have not complete rectification? That is quite bad. Maybe you can ask Joseph to help (think he is not a pilot yet!)

he's not at ur hse?! hai~ :o he always tell me he is at ur hse n will come by shortly... and always never turn up :(

having my hsewarming next mth so a bit gan jeong now... dun think its nice to call Joseph as he is not the one doing my hse esp i've never met him before.. thanz for e suggestion though! :)

ashes, same same here. but quite settled for now. been a month since i've moved in and i was like u, did not dare to go out to buy food, call him and he went else where. now i have taken to calling elder goh. more responsive. u wanna try that instead?

hi aubrey can PM me Elder Goh's no? will complain to him tat his didi always fly my aeroplane! haha :P

Sorry gaku, ride on ur thread to ask qns. Hope u dun mind! :P

Sorry to hear about your problems with your carpentry ..

Mine also have scratches and a few mis-drilled holes here and there, so they just use the pen to patch here and there.

But for the dented doors, maybe can try to ask them to replace

For the tv reception, are you using HD TV on Starhub cable? If yes, you need to go and get the HD setup box.

Mine also like that and the TV guy told us we need to get the HD setup box.

We got it last night and now swee swee :)

Anyway, just to add, I also have not seen uncle for about 3 weeks.

The last time was when he collect the 2nd last payment(20%) and go through the list of rectifications..

Then after that he only send the workers up. My last payment (VO) was handed to the carpenter actually :(

If you want your rectifications done, have to call him and chase chase chase

apples, you also got signal problem? My hubby feels the imagines a little blur, and town council sent pple to check, say becos we split to 3 SCV points that's why the signal became weak. Asked me to install a booster that cost me $200, i refused. Uncle send the electrician down to check, also said the same thing. When i tried to connect thru the SCV digital box, slightly better.. but still not crystal sharp.

Is the HD box = digital box?

apples, you also got signal problem? My hubby feels the imagines a little blur, and town council sent pple to check, say becos we split to 3 SCV points that's why the signal became weak. Asked me to install a booster that cost me $200, i refused. Uncle send the electrician down to check, also said the same thing. When i tried to connect thru the SCV digital box, slightly better.. but still not crystal sharp.

no wonder the my MBR signal also blur blur....i have 5 scv points, though not using all...wonder what else can we do? using lcd tv but the images sucks....

Hi mrspiglet,

We also had the scv point split into 3 (should have been 4 but that is another story) :(

Yes, the image is a bit blurr even after the LCD delivery guys connect it using the starhub digital hubstation.

They did tell us that in order to get clearer image on our tv, it is better if we upgrade to a High Definition(HD) setup box.

Becos we cannot tahan the image quality after paying so much for the tv, we went to starhub to rent the box

Ours looks similar to the picture below but is without the hubstation:

p_hubstationHD.jpg

Hope this helps u :)

Hi mrspiglet,

We also had the scv point split into 3 (should have been 4 but that is another story) :(

Yes, the image is a bit blurr even after the LCD delivery guys connect it using the starhub digital hubstation.

They did tell us that in order to get clearer image on our tv, it is better if we upgrade to a High Definition(HD) setup box.

Becos we cannot tahan the image quality after paying so much for the tv, we went to starhub to rent the box

Ours looks similar to the picture below but is without the hubstation:

p_hubstationHD.jpg

Hope this helps u :)

Same here. my hubby thinks we need to justify what we paid for full HD LCD, so he's been grumbling abt the blur image until i told him $200 is out of qn. Ur picture certainly helps! I'll go check out the procedure to chge the box. Thanks! :dancingqueen:

To those interested in signing up SCV as stand alone, there is heartland promo going on for a 12mth contract, 50% off. Meaning one only pay $14.98 incl the rental fees of the digitaL st top box. If its for Hub Station or HD Hub Station, I think around $17.12 (estimate). If one make application online, Starhub giving away $100 Popular voucher, but I think dont have the heartland promo.