Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jamieogh

Jade&kiwi's Love Nest (soon-to-be)

Hi Poseidon_Gal!

Yes! I'm looking forward too.

Abit pissed off with my hubby (we're officially married 2 days ago!).

He wants to start renovation in Oct (So LATE!!!).

But no choice... He is the one paying for the renovation...

ur kitchen idea is very refreshing..will be interesting to see the final outcome of ur kitchen..
Edited by Jamieogh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally married to Kiwi 2 days ago!

Going to persuade him to change his mind as he insists to start renovation after Ghost month.

Met Uncle yesterday.

Suppose meeting him at 8pm, but he requests to meet at 4pm+.

Luckily Kiwi & I were at West Mall after our 2nd appt with HDB.

When we were waiting for uncle under the blk (our new nest), chatting, wondering whether Uncle will "fly us plane",

I spotted a green van.

I guess it must be Uncle's van as I read the description from a forummer.

He's indeed friendly, have the kinda "father" feel, no distance at all.

But he looks like very rushing.

He took my floor plan, walked around our nest, taking down some notes.

Then he asked, "When you want to start?"

Kiwi: "After Ghost month, can? As I have ICT in July, and we are going to TW in June."

Uncle: "... Ok, then I'll send you my quotation first, when you back from your ICT, then you see whether wanna engage my service ba. I have sth on, have to make a move first."

Then he left.

Kiwi and I stayed in our nest awhile and left too.

Saw his green van still at the carpark, and Uncle was chatting with another uncle (seem like a contractor too).

I think there's an unit having renovation in the same blk.

Thought he was rushing to somewhere else???

I'm worried that he'll drag the quotation as Kiwi insists to start after Ghost month...

Edited by Jamieogh

you'll have to remind uncle to give u the quote. Uncle is illiterate so he needs more time to craft out the quote as he is the only one in his whole team to draft the quotes.

my friend did this for his 3rm flat...

Kitchen long straight island in the center. Access to sink/hob can be both ways.

If you build a L in the middle, sooner or later you are going to feel that is sooooo trouble to walk to/out sink.

Maybe you can consider making a part of the countertop flexible to put down? (Muachiam cashier...haaaa)

Hi Ivy,

You waited for how long to get the quotes last time?

If Uncle needs more time to draft, I'm ok one.

Just worried he'll find me irritating, keep rushing him for quotation althot my ah lao wanna start renovation after Ghost Month.

We wish can confirm him asap if his quotes meet our budget then pay him deposit immediately and relax to wait for the renovation day to come, let Uncle clear his current projects too.

you'll have to remind uncle to give u the quote. Uncle is illiterate so he needs more time to craft out the quote as he is the only one in his whole team to draft the quotes.

Last time when Uncle was doing my flat (and apparently he wasn't so busy then) he also rushed ard my house and disappeared in 15-20 min... So it's just his pattern la...

Hi Pinkpetter,

know that you're a teacher at others' t-blog.

June holiday started, excited?

My sis is also a teacher but teaching Chinese language in Pri Sch.

Hope I able to persuade Kiwi to start renovation early.

I'm already eyeing on a L-shaped sofa!!!

Haha...

Last time when Uncle was doing my flat (and apparently he wasn't so busy then) he also rushed ard my house and disappeared in 15-20 min... So it's just his pattern la...

my friend did this for his 3rm flat...

Kitchen long straight island in the center. Access to sink/hob can be both ways.

If you build a L in the middle, sooner or later you are going to feel that is sooooo trouble to walk to/out sink.

I do have this worries too.

But too bad, Kiwi likes this concept very much.

He is the one paying, he speaks louder :P

Maybe you can consider making a part of the countertop flexible to put down? (Muachiam cashier...haaaa)

Yeah! An ID suggests this to us before too!

Edited by Jamieogh

Hi Ivy,

You waited for how long to get the quotes last time?

If Uncle needs more time to draft, I'm ok one.

Just worried he'll find me irritating, keep rushing him for quotation althot my ah lao wanna start renovation after Ghost Month.

We wish can confirm him asap if his quotes meet our budget then pay him deposit immediately and relax to wait for the renovation day to come and let Uncle clear his current projects too.

I think i waited for 2 weeks. For my mil's quote hor even more "kua zhang"... it's been like 1.5months?? or 2 months?? and i still not yet see... anyway my mil is just planning to redo her kitchen.

Ehhh dun think after appointing uncle can sit and shake leg hor!! you will be super disappointed if you thought so. As you have read, uncle's customers needs to be participative one. Don't worry about calling him, I think he is used to it. hahaha

After u sign your quote hor got alot more work to do leh!! Select tiles, select kitchen, toilet fittings. Select lightings also. Did I just pop your "shake leg" dream???

I think i waited for 2 weeks. For my mil's quote hor even more "kua zhang"... it's been like 1.5months?? or 2 months?? and i still not yet see... anyway my mil is just planning to redo her kitchen.

Oh! I think I'll contact him again after 2-3 weeks ba.

1.5-2 months!!!??? Luckily Kiwi plans to start in Oct. We have more than 3 months for uncle to drag (But I'm impatient!!!)

Ehhh dun think after appointing uncle can sit and shake leg hor!! you will be super disappointed if you thought so. As you have read, uncle's customers needs to be participative one. Don't worry about calling him, I think he is used to it. hahaha

Nonononono... We won't dare to sit and shake our legs. What I meant is we can relax & focus on other preparation, no need to source ard for contractors/IDs, asking for quotations anymore. Feel sick of repeating what we want for our nest :P

After u sign your quote hor got alot more work to do leh!! Select tiles, select kitchen, toilet fittings. Select lightings also. Did I just pop your "shake leg" dream???

No problem! We'll get ourselves prepared for the challenge if his quote is within our budget :D

aiyoh while i was sourcing for ID/Contractors ahhh I repeated myself until i feel like vomitting liao... The more IDs/Contractors I approach the less details I gave them.. cos tired liao hahahah.

GOod luck to your reno!!! Hopefully by then uncle's choke points will have been cleared and you will be able to have his full attention!!

不敢要求full attention啦。我只希望尽快签到合适的contractor,知道大概会花的数目,我就能安心地准备别的事了。

当装修的日子逼近时,“休闲”了几个月的我们应该是做足了心理&金钱方面的准备,向前冲刺了!

哈哈…总归一句话,我太怕输了。

看到Kiwi气定神闲“慢慢来”的pattern,我真是不顺眼。

好不容易找到心仪的房子,却只有我想尽早搬进去。

不敢要求full attention啦。我只希望尽快签到合适的contractor,知道大概会花的数目,我就能安心地准备别的事了。

当装修的日子逼近时,“休闲”了几个月的我们应该是做足了心理&金钱方面的准备,向前冲刺了!

哈哈…总归一句话,我太怕输了。

看到Kiwi气定神闲“慢慢来”的pattern,我真是不顺眼。

好不容易找到心仪的房子,却只有我想尽早搬进去。

the “慢慢来” patterns sounds like my ah lao leh :D

Hi Pinkpetter,

know that you're a teacher at others' t-blog.

June holiday started, excited?

My sis is also a teacher but teaching Chinese language in Pri Sch.

Hope I able to persuade Kiwi to start renovation early.

I'm already eyeing on a L-shaped sofa!!!

Haha...

eh I only just saw this... was wondering why then I noticed that it's during the period I MIA. hahaha :)

:) I'm just happy I have more time to sleep.. didn't plan to go anywhere. :) I'm sure your sister tells you that too. haha

As for Uncle... chase chase chase. :) Source for a few more quotes also ok? make an informed choice ba. But I guess if you start after 7th month you can choose tiles, finalise drawings then... cos I think uncles will have a little more time then too.. mmm