Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Latio25

A New House In Punggol Central

On the 6th of May 2009, 1515hrs, my wife and i got our keys to our house. Though it is a re-sale 5 yrs old flat, we are very comfortable with it.

Been sourcing around for ID company for many weeks and finally found one in Ideal House, Mr J. Promise to deliver the drawing for us to see within 2 weeks but... NO!!! it didn't came. Was kind of put off by the unfulfilled promise, but told myself i had no choice but try to work things out with him. Today 7th May 09, told Mr J to come over my place to have a better and more detail look for the future work. He came, empty handed and not even a pen or paper... What the ****!!! Ask him where is the drawing and was told not ready. No choice... Had some discussion on the things that are going to be done and more detail discussion such as lighting, colour of wall, piping, kitchen stuff... And he didn't write down anything, should i be impress or angry... I praise his memory and he reacted by claiming that he can remember all... Ok... i really hope that the free items that he promise, he'll remember to deliver...

Picture already taken but with wife, in her camera, will upload once i have it.

DO advise on what and how should i chase the ID to get things speed up. I had agreed and sign with him 2 - 3 weeks before today.

Thank you.

Edited by Latio25

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats to getting your keys for your place.

I think you just have to remind your id about his promise of 3-d drawing.

As for the free items, I would suggest that you get it in black and white :)

Hi Latio25

congrats! Your story similar to 1 forumer who is using the same ID fom Ideal House. Hmm.. think have to remind/chase your ID abit.

Congrate Bro..... If i didn't remember wrongly ... U r staying in the same cluster as me right? ;)

Can only hope for the best for yr ID..... If you have not sign yet , please spell out every single items and rates to avoid dispute .... Also, include all possible VOs and rates. Otherwise once you sign, you r expose to be slaughter for all additional items.

Its not about Kaisu, better have gentlemen agreements first than disputes later.

Edited by mitlancer71

Congrate Bro..... If i didn't remember wrongly ... U r staying in the same cluster as me right? ;)

Can only hope for the best for yr ID..... If you have not sign yet , please spell out every single items and rates to avoid dispute .... Also, include all possible VOs and rates. Otherwise once you sign, you r expose to be slaughter for all additional items.

Its not about Kaisu, better have gentlemen agreements first than disputes later.

Hi mitlancer71, yup you're right, we're having the same layout... Dunno why i'm in this kind of problem...

Anyway how is your hse now... Mind i get some ideal from viewing it...

Thank you all for the concern and advise.

Today the ID show me 2 pcs of drawing, seems to be for others. my wife and i just keep on pushing him and barking him on the drawing and he cannot tahan and took out 2 pcs of drawing from his bag and shown us... Not bad but it is not according to what we have told him... He explain that this is only initial and will need to change one... Hopefully the change will not take another 2-3 weeks to be given... My wife kind of piss and sightly raise her voice and demand the drawing to be ready by next Tuesday as she is not to be in town for a while and with that she can't make any decision been not around. Hopefully...

We have been to 2 places to choose our tile, my question is... if drawing is not out... why should we choose tile for? Can't figure out wht is the plan of the ID... BTW the tile is for the kitchen and 2 toilet... As for living and rooms, we will still reuse the present on as it is still very new and nice...

Thank you

btw, Latio, you have signed on the dotted line with this ID oredi? i am not badmouthing them, but last time when we went down to their office, they also promised us quotation, but it NEVER CAME AT ALL. so we dropped them totally

Thank you all for the concern and advise.

Today the ID show me 2 pcs of drawing, seems to be for others. my wife and i just keep on pushing him and barking him on the drawing and he cannot tahan and took out 2 pcs of drawing from his bag and shown us... Not bad but it is not according to what we have told him... He explain that this is only initial and will need to change one... Hopefully the change will not take another 2-3 weeks to be given... My wife kind of piss and sightly raise her voice and demand the drawing to be ready by next Tuesday as she is not to be in town for a while and with that she can't make any decision been not around. Hopefully...

We have been to 2 places to choose our tile, my question is... if drawing is not out... why should we choose tile for? Can't figure out wht is the plan of the ID... BTW the tile is for the kitchen and 2 toilet... As for living and rooms, we will still reuse the present on as it is still very new and nice...

Thank you

Hi Latio,

My ID is oso frm IH, you can choose ur tiles 1st b4 the drawing is out as long as u know wat type of color u want. After choosing, they will scan on the tiles in the 3d drawing and u will get a better view. I understand how u feel, as previously, i oso hav the same feeling.

Hi mitlancer71, yup you're right, we're having the same layout... Dunno why i'm in this kind of problem...

Anyway how is your hse now... Mind i get some ideal from viewing it...

Hi Bro, sorry for the late reply...... Cool huh same layout ..... mine is 50% done up ...... Sure u r welcome to pop by to view ..... will pm u my mobile when the carpentry works are install ......

Hi Latio25, I'm also using IH. Have the same initial woes as you're facing. Think their IDs working style are like that, chin chye chin chye one. My ID also ever cannot remember somethings we've discussed/decided previously. For some pple this will ready chase them up the tree. My reno coming along no issues, and really happy with their works to date. So depends on if you can tahan their casual style, afterall, you haven't sign anything with them yet.

You can choose the tiles b4 any 3Ds. The 3Ds is mainly to get idea on your carpentry. And yes, they take some time to get 3Ds done, and amended, so don't pin too much on the 3Ds. My final 3Ds still amended and only received after confirming detail drawing yah. :bow: My guess is unless we're like ptbgal, settled everything even b4 receiving keys, we're likely the ones chasing after them for the progress report and timeline. I'm still doing that. ;)