Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hope my memory doesn't fails me :P

The charge as follows:

1) sliding silver aluminium window $450

2) Silver window grille $1000

3) HDB permit cost for installing the sliding window and grilles FOC

4) have to apply permit to install a fasle ceiling? would u knw hw much it it? For ours no need permit

Hi,. for the windows, i knw the price is by either per-foot-run / per-sq-meter..

I remember my latest quote is ard S$6 for per sq meter and $10++ per foot run

but then, i forgot which is for sliding window, and which is for the grille liao

just wan to find out if my pricing is the cheapest heehee...

btw, it's not fr Hoe Bee lah.... i am still waiting for his quotation

hope he can give me a price better than this one! kekke

For the applying permit frm HDB to do sliding windows, window grilles and false ceiling... many ID tell me got to pay $ to apply permit wor... now i nt veryt sure :unsure:

1 of my contractor also gave me a quote for "providing labour to install Kitchen sink and run new sink inlet / outlet pipe - $200"

can i know if this is too ex? is it even necessary? i tot since he is already doing my kitchen, this item should have been FOC... can someone advise plse...

Edited by mud3210

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,. for the windows, i knw the price is by either per-foot-run / per-sq-meter..

I remember my latest quote is ard S$6 for per sq meter and $10++ per foot run

but then, i forgot which is for sliding window, and which is for the grille liao

just wan to find out if my pricing is the cheapest heehee...

btw, it's not fr Hoe Bee lah.... i am still waiting for his quotation

hope he can give me a price better than this one! kekke

For the applying permit frm HDB to do sliding windows, window grilles and false ceiling... many ID tell me got to pay $ to apply permit wor... now i nt veryt sure :unsure:

yeah yeah it's by per foot run. Dunno how much is it. only can remember the lumpsum.

I never pay anything for permits.

Wow... Mrs Quek called me up about 10min ago and she asked if I manage to set the date and time with Ah Keong, then I told her no and he didn't even wanna call me back... then she settled for me immediately... confirmed the date n time for me to meet up with Ah Keong tomorrow... Hopefully they can do the minor stuff for me soon... it's something that cost me max $1k... I will be grateful if they are willing to do for me...

Wolverine,

so glad to see your post , as I have been looking out for a contractor who is willing to do for me some minor works, and looks like Ho Bee is willing to take on small projects.

I am looking at doing simple built-in carpentry (bookshelves) and/or knocking down of a box-up, so probably something that is a total of between 1 to 2k.

Let me know how yours go! Thanks! :)

...I never pay anything for permits.

I am wondering do we get to keep the "permits" that our contractor/ID applies for us, so tat next time when we sell hse, the hdb wont come and ask us for proof/show the permits.

when my parents got their contractor to knock down the wall.. he never give them any proof/permits to keep.. only ask an Indian (that he claimed to be frm hdb) to come and check the hse to see if everything is okay.

nw my mom is a bit worried if the contractor uncle got apply the necessary permits for us and if that is a real HDB staff who came down to check. if not, next time when we sell hse, hdb may ask us to re-build the whole wall again . :dunno:

lighting point - S$35 - S$50 per point

Install Lights - S$8 - S$10 per point

can i know the difference between lighting point and install lights?

lets say i got a queen-size bed false ceiling with 4 downlights at each corner AND i wan the cove lighting effect as well. issit each down light and each florescent tube consider 1 lighting point?

I am wondering do we get to keep the "permits" that our contractor/ID applies for us, so tat next time when we sell hse, the hdb wont come and ask us for proof/show the permits.

when my parents got their contractor to knock down the wall.. he never give them any proof/permits to keep.. only ask an Indian (that he claimed to be frm hdb) to come and check the hse to see if everything is okay.

nw my mom is a bit worried if the contractor uncle got apply the necessary permits for us and if that is a real HDB staff who came down to check. if not, next time when we sell hse, hdb may ask us to re-build the whole wall again . :dunno:

i dont think its useful to keep the reno permit since there is an expiry date. Nowadays when a reno permit is applied, the information will be kept in their records. You can view them via HDB website.

Yup. It means the electrician got to pull an additional electrical wiring to that point so cost is incurred there. But of course you can negotiate that you can loop the wiring from 1 light to the next, so can cheaper or not ah. Otherwise your cove lighting is gonna be quite ex.

can i know the difference between lighting point and install lights?

lets say i got a queen-size bed false ceiling with 4 downlights at each corner AND i wan the cove lighting effect as well. issit each down light and each florescent tube consider 1 lighting point?

Yup. It means the electrician got to pull an additional electrical wiring to that point so cost is incurred there. But of course you can negotiate that you can loop the wiring from 1 light to the next, so can cheaper or not ah. Otherwise your cove lighting is gonna be quite ex.

I heard that nowadays for the flourescent light (cove lighting) , we can install on our own very easily, meaning the electrician do up 1 for us, then we connect the rest ourselfs, connect the lights as if they are lego parts.. in that case, my cove lighting only need to ask the electrician do to 1 lah? the other ones on the other sides i can connect by myself lor? kekee

Hehe.. yeah that is provided you know how to connect and wire them up ah. For those whom are not good in DIY then got to pay for their service loh... haiz....

But if you wire it up yourself, is the wiring ugly? or u run the cable covering?

Got any pictures can share with us?

Hehe... :notti:

I heard that nowadays for the flourescent light (cove lighting) , we can install on our own very easily, meaning the electrician do up 1 for us, then we connect the rest ourselfs, connect the lights as if they are lego parts.. in that case, my cove lighting only need to ask the electrician do to 1 lah? the other ones on the other sides i can connect by myself lor? kekee

i tried getting patrick....but it is so hard to get him...in the end, we just give up

Hi Plasterger,

Maybe when u called him that time he was meeting with customers, cos when he came to my house, his phone kept ringing, and sometimes he had no choice not to pick up cos we were busy discussing.

I called Patrick in the morning (ard 9.30am, mid-week), which is when he is less busy ba. For me he was quite fast in response - after sending him my floor plan, got my 1st quotation the next day. I oso booked appt for him to come my house in abt 2.5 weeks in advanced. After that when i asked for further revised quotations his response was also quite fast, not more than 1 week. Then when i asked him to help apply for renovation permit, by next day i got it. :sport-smiley-003:

Other than that, i oso use sms, so that my msg will reach faster, & in case he's too busy to pick up phone, he can call u back when he's available. :good:

Agree with mel. When he was in my house, his phone kept ringing too. When both his hands were busy doing the work, yes he is the boss but still puts his hands to do the dirty work, he could not answer the calls. When I was in the mid of discussion with him, he also won't answer calls cos not polite mah.

For urgent msg, don't sms him. He ever told me when he was real busy, he won't read sms. So if you need a response and you really can't reach him on his mobile, call Mrs Quek to pass a message and tell her it is urgent. She is a very nice lady :)

yeah as a boss, he also does the work. When the electrician not free and one of my downlight spoilt. he helped to repair my light. he also install light bulbs for us. he is real busy. whenever after he come to our house, he will rush to another home. Mrs Quek is nice. If for very urgent matters, u called her to ask Patrick or Ah Keong to call u back, she will call u back to ask whether Ah Keong or Patrick called already.

Hi Plasterger,

Maybe when u called him that time he was meeting with customers, cos when he came to my house, his phone kept ringing, and sometimes he had no choice not to pick up cos we were busy discussing.

I called Patrick in the morning (ard 9.30am, mid-week), which is when he is less busy ba. For me he was quite fast in response - after sending him my floor plan, got my 1st quotation the next day. I oso booked appt for him to come my house in abt 2.5 weeks in advanced. After that when i asked for further revised quotations his response was also quite fast, not more than 1 week. Then when i asked him to help apply for renovation permit, by next day i got it. :sport-smiley-003:

Other than that, i oso use sms, so that my msg will reach faster, & in case he's too busy to pick up phone, he can call u back when he's available. :good:

Hi Mel

Doesn't Ho Bee apply for the reno permit? Isn't this supposed to be done by the contractor?

appreciate if you can clarify...thks !

Kunning, to clarify your doubts, Patrick took care of the reno permit for mel because he owns Ho Bee.. So Ho Bee will apply for reno permit for any job to be carried out.

Hi Mel

Doesn't Ho Bee apply for the reno permit? Isn't this supposed to be done by the contractor?

Hi Mel

Hi kunning,

Yeah, Patrick owns Ho Bee, so he applied the permit. The thing is cos i asked Patrick to wait for me as i waited for my reno loan application to be approved. Once it got approved the bank required that i bring down the reno permit for them to see b4 we can sign the letter of acceptance. Therefore i told patrick abt this & he immediately settle it by next day.

My reno will start next week :dancingqueen::yamseng:

Hope this clears ur doubt :)