Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hihi..I would like to check with those who've engaged Ho Bee. I am in the final stage of selecting an ID/contractor..Patrick's 2nd revised quote is still very much on the high side. He charged at least $1K more for painting job compared to other quotes that I've got.

So just wondering, do u guys have experience with slashing Patrick's price by a significant amount? Or can we request for a overall bulk discount from Patrick..eg. 5% off the final price? So far seems like Patrick will only offer a round off from his total sum...but just like to know if anyone here managed to slash his price by at least $2-3k without taking out items from your quote?

I'll need him to slash his quote by at least $4k in order to fit into my budget..really headache...

slashing 4k is hard. 1k already hard.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi..I would like to check with those who've engaged Ho Bee. I am in the final stage of selecting an ID/contractor..Patrick's 2nd revised quote is still very much on the high side. He charged at least $1K more for painting job compared to other quotes that I've got.

So just wondering, do u guys have experience with slashing Patrick's price by a significant amount? Or can we request for a overall bulk discount from Patrick..eg. 5% off the final price? So far seems like Patrick will only offer a round off from his total sum...but just like to know if anyone here managed to slash his price by at least $2-3k without taking out items from your quote?

I'll need him to slash his quote by at least $4k in order to fit into my budget..really headache...

i didn't bargain too much as i thought the price was reasonable.. for my 4-rm painting only cost 1.2k (for my ici/nippon easy-wash 2~3 coat, excluding the oil base sealer, as u can see fr the pic ), which is less $100 fr the Nippon Professional painting price..u can sub-out this job if you feel can find better price...but to cut $4k fr overall without takin out any stuffs...i honestly nvr try before..sorry.. :unsure:

10712791_dfd69a4e1211554393_m.jpg

Edited by mel

serious? you mean other's quote you a few hundred for painting?

maybe you want to check the kind of paint given, no. of colours you can choose and how many coats they give :dunno;

mine arround 12.5k isit possible asking for 11k? :dunno::dunno:

Very hard loh. normally if i bargain with other stuff will have some discount one. but for Patrick, I try to bargain with him to reduce 1k he also dun wan. but nevertheless, we still go ahead with the reno with him.

me also find patrick over our budget by few k and decided to go with another ID who gives us more items and better overall discount .

nvr try to bargain with him at all as i was skeptical if i'm able to bargain even 1K off the package given so much feedback frm the forum. so i drop them.

Yeah, agree with the rest, this is almost mission impossible :P

I never try to bargain with Patrick on his quote, but I can feel that he won't give even if I ask.

You may still try asking him, but very likely he won't reduce by 1K.

For those IDs who give good discount, don't them need to make a profit from your project? If their discount is so huge, won't it mean that they have already prepared to give discounts when clients ask? Which means, they have already marked up your reno cost by certain % :unsure:

Beware of those IDs who give too good discount, there might be hidden cost along the road after you signed the paper.

Yeah heard that some contractor/ID quote very cheaply but along the way need to top up for things that need to be done. lots of hidden cost. So it's better to write down watever is given in the quote. Have a friend that do reno with an ID company. Price initially is 12k but end up paying 20+k cos lots of hidden cost.

Edited by buibui

ya i better get contractor rather than ID, i think ID will gv u the same price as contractor in painting, flooring, but they will chop u with sharp knife at carpentry work ,hacking wall, and alot of hidden cost.

:furious::furious:

one ID quote me 2k just for hacking the floor tiles only lerrrrr.... :furious::furious:

For those IDs who give good discount, don't them need to make a profit from your project? If their discount is so huge, won't it mean that they have already prepared to give discounts when clients ask? Which means, they have already marked up your reno cost by certain % :unsure:

Beware of those IDs who give too good discount, there might be hidden cost along the road after you signed the paper.

Yeah, don't they need to make a living or pay workers? Also, after they give you the huge discount, they will probably reduce the quality of your material, or give u thinner layer of cement, paint etc..which u probably won't see the effect in short term, but they will wear out faster in a couple of years.

You pay peanut you get monkey :P:D

Edited by mel

patrick just came to my place to quote me for some small works

and also to take a look at my peeling paint

turn out it's the doorframe installer who did a very bad job at patching up the hacked areas

but he just said he'll get some silicon and patch up the affected areas

really appreciate his willingness to take responsibility for the defects even after handing over for more than half a year :good:

serious? you mean other's quote you a few hundred for painting?

maybe you want to check the kind of paint given, no. of colours you can choose and how many coats they give :dunno;

nope apple..he quoted me 2.9k just for paintjob. this is ridiculously high...even for someone with good reputation in this forum..i dun think its worth this price. so sad to hear that no one has gotten huge discounts from him before..but nevertheless i'll just try my luck this one last time..if his quote still can't fit into my budget, no choice then i'll have to drop him.

ya i better get contractor rather than ID, i think ID will gv u the same price as contractor in painting, flooring, but they will chop u with sharp knife at carpentry work ,hacking wall, and alot of hidden cost.

:furious::furious:

one ID quote me 2k just for hacking the floor tiles only lerrrrr.... :furious::furious:

actually if u've done enough homework before signing on the dotted line..hidden costs can be avoided. After my first reno experience, more or less i know what are the works involved and possible unexpected costs...and i try to check with different contractors/id whenever i see something new on the quote given to me. that way, i'll know wat i am paying for and whether its necessary.

if its ur 1st reno...perhaps can jus ask fellow forummers for their reno quotes and compare from there.

Yeah heard that some contractor/ID quote very cheaply but along the way need to top up for things that need to be done. lots of hidden cost. So it's better to write down watever is given in the quote. Have a friend that do reno with an ID company. Price initially is 12k but end up paying 20+k cos lots of hidden cost.

ya..i agree. which is why i m very skeptical about very cheap quotes. i would prefer choosing one who gives me mid range pricing and i can have good rapport with.

nope apple..he quoted me 2.9k just for paintjob. this is ridiculously high...

Hah? Are u sure?? What kind of paint job are u doing? I saw fr ur blog ur house is quite big, got more than 1 storey. Is it EM or landed property? Hmm..maybe that's why it's on higher side..u can try to benchmark the price with nippon/ dulux professional painter

nope apple..he quoted me 2.9k just for paintjob. this is ridiculously high...even for someone with good reputation in this forum..i dun think its worth this price.

this paint job he quoted, what exactly does it include

it's ridiculous for a paint job to cost $2.9k UNLESS

1. it includes plastering or

2. the condition of the wall is terrible :yamseng:

this paint job he quoted, what exactly does it include

it's ridiculous for a paint job to cost $2.9k UNLESS

1. it includes plastering or

2. the condition of the wall is terrible :yamseng:

for mine they charge $1150 for whole house painting 4rm flat +$150 for door and piping, think that reasonable