Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I finally told Patrick about it and he got his painter to immediately correct almost all the parts I wasn't happy, only the skirting part was he said due to the previous painter's painting job already like that. But all the patchy parts, untidy lines around frame and window, the painter went on to correct them, with no black face or watever, very professional.

The whole renovation process was finally concluded yesterday. Of course, there were some ups and downs but overall, working with Patrick was smooth and he has initiative and also very responsible. Price a bit high on some parts but at least, peace of mind, and he doesn't strink his responsibilities. Very good. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Ramus,

I've sent you a PM. :yamseng:

hi buibui,

Nice blog and nice house..Can PM me how much u spent also? me now looking at ID and contractor.. headache lei.. me might be doing the side window bench as well so wish to know how much u spent?

Thanks a lot.

Rang Mrs Quek just now to arrange for a day so that Patrick could drop by my place.

She told me Patrick has been pretty busy these 2 days cos they gotten a new carpenter and Patrick was busy bringing him around.

Looks like Ho Bee is not partnering with Ah Keong for reno projects. A total break off between them?? :unsure:

Rang Mrs Quek just now to arrange for a day so that Patrick could drop by my place.

She told me Patrick has been pretty busy these 2 days cos they gotten a new carpenter and Patrick was busy bringing him around.

Looks like Ho Bee is not partnering with Ah Keong for reno projects. A total break off between them?? :unsure:

Abt 2 weeks ago (last week of May) my hubby met Patrick & Ah Keong to discuss abt kitchen cabinet. He said they seem to be very good friends, got talk & joke. My hubby didn't bring up abt ah Keong leaving.

Edited by mel

New carpenter ah? So sad. I think they should be partners. Ah Keong's carpentry is good. Scully new carpenter even better.

Edited by buibui

I had my reno done by patrick 3 years ago and was given 5 years warranty. Recently, I realised that there are some wear like cracks on the walls and ceiling and I told my hubby to contact Patrick. My hubby said that those cracks are normal and might not be under the warranty. Moreover it has been so long and Patrick has become a busier person hence will most likely don't entertain me. I gave it a try via email. I waited 2 days, no reply, no call or anything. Was quite disappointed, but was kind of mentally prepared tho. Guess what? I received a call from Mrs kwek this morning!!!!!!! She asked me when can the guys come down to fix my wall with no further questions asked! OMG, I was like so happy that I have found the right man to do my reno. He is indeed so so responsible!

During my reno days, Patrick was very easy going and I really had an easy time with him. I am most likely to engage his service again when I buy my 2nd property when the property prices drop keke.

After reading some postings, I would share a little of my experience when I source out for reno. Patrick's quotation was definitely not the lowest. I have about 10 quotes and his quote is average, I chose him due to the good reviews and no regrets! As for Ah keong, he is a nice guy, a perfectionist. But he sweet talks quite a bit. I prefer patrick's down to earth attitude tho:)

My House done by patrick 3 years back, take note that this was a 20 years old terrible condition resale unit completely overhauled! Just to show a very basic view lah http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4323/ho...thomepy4ok5.png

Edited by rachelcheng

hi everyone

confirmed that ah keong have left the co. (cos my carpentry is one of the last thing he did before leavin) very responsible cos he still ask us to call him if we ever encounter problem wif the works.

i agree his carpentry finishing is quite gd!

~~~pssst.......heard he settin up his own co

patrick is quite an OK guy. tell him any problem, he always 'can....ok....' hahaha..... so far, not too bad. still 1/4 reno to go for my hse n he try his best to meet us when possible.

*i juz need to get used to him givin us pleasant 'surprises' cos he won't tell us in advance what he will do up in the hse unless he need our advice/agreement. if u r a very 'on schedule, follow up' person, then u might not be able to tahan their workin style. but trust them cos they do a proper job + u can hound patrick and he is never angry!

Ya, Patrick is very humble good guy, throughout this reno period we've given him quite a number of last minute troubles (so very pai seh :() such as:

1) already painted my doors very dark colours, then changed mind to paint white instead

2) already drilled & mounted my wall fan on wall tile, then changed mind to move other place

3) already drilled hole for my wall lamp, then changed mind to other location

4) first wanted to hack hall floor, then don't want, then night before reno suddenly change mind to want hack floor, he had to last minute rush to re-apply the reno permit again..

and many others :P cos we are 1st timers, quite blur...maybe it's b'cos of people like us he's very busy :P So really hope not everyone is like us :D

Even so, he still help us to solve all the probs without any complains - everything also 'ok, no problem', maybe not immediately but sooner or later he'll solve it. I find him very professional & understanding..i nvr regret my decision to hire him :)

that day 2 guys turned up at my door and gave me a shock

turn out it was patrick's workers to touch up my door frame

really want to :fire: :fire: my door frame contractor

they didn't nail the frame to the wall properly so now the frame is inching outwards

even though it has got nothing to do with patrick, he still sent 2 workers down to seal up the gap with silicon as a stop-gap measure :bow: :bow:

During the whole reno process, we are bound to change our mind regarding this or that. There are in fact quite a number of changes to the inital plan. Imagine if we hired someone cheaper and when we want changes, what if he try his best to squeeze us dry since we were already his "fish"?For patrick, not only he will give advise and suggestions, he helped us to save cost. Certain changes which is not too drastic, he absorbed the cost and did extra for us. You have no idea how grateful I am to Singaporebrides forumers for recommending Ho Bee.

Edited by rachelcheng

During the whole reno process, we are bound to change our mind regarding this or that. There are in fact quite a number of changes to the inital plan. Imagine if we hired someone cheaper and when we want changes, he will try his best to squeeze us dry since we were already his "fish". For patrick, not only he will give advise and suggestions, he helped us to save cost. Certain changes which is not too drastic, he absorbed the cost and did extra for us. You have no idea how grateful I am to Singaporebrides forumers for recommending Ho Bee.

Agreed :good::)

During the whole reno process, we are bound to change our mind regarding this or that. There are in fact quite a number of changes to the inital plan. Imagine if we hired someone cheaper and when we want changes, he will try his best to squeeze us dry since we were already his "fish". For patrick, not only he will give advise and suggestions, he helped us to save cost. Certain changes which is not too drastic, he absorbed the cost and did extra for us. You have no idea how grateful I am to Singaporebrides forumers for recommending Ho Bee.

Hey, people like us in Renotalk also recommended Ho Bee leh :thumbs up:

Hey, people like us in Renotalk also recommended Ho Bee leh :thumbs up:

Haha but I was not in reno talk during my search ma, din even know the thread moved to reno talk till recently.

patrick is quite an OK guy. tell him any problem, he always 'can....ok....' hahaha..... so far, not too bad. still 1/4 reno to go for my hse n he try his best to meet us when possible.

you sure or not? i asked him can give 50% discount or not - he NO SAY OK leh

24.gif