Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

for mine they charge $1150 for whole house painting 4rm flat +$150 for door and piping, think that reasonable

yup that's why i find the figure of $2.9k quite ridiculous

mine cost $1.5k to paint whole unit including doors and patch groove lines (EA) :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yup that's why i find the figure of $2.9k quite ridiculous

mine cost $1.5k to paint whole unit including doors and patch groove lines (EA) :dunno:

i dunno if Patrick made a mistake cos he is too busy or wat. but he charge me 2.5k for whole house painting including doors n pipes. then $450 for painting my balcony wall cos mine is a EM unit and comes with 2 storey high balcony..anyway i'll check with him tml when i see him. my condition of walls is not in a terrible state considering we just painted 3 years back.

Hihi..I would like to check with those who've engaged Ho Bee. I am in the final stage of selecting an ID/contractor..Patrick's 2nd revised quote is still very much on the high side. He charged at least $1K more for painting job compared to other quotes that I've got.

So just wondering, do u guys have experience with slashing Patrick's price by a significant amount? Or can we request for a overall bulk discount from Patrick..eg. 5% off the final price? So far seems like Patrick will only offer a round off from his total sum...but just like to know if anyone here managed to slash his price by at least $2-3k without taking out items from your quote?

I'll need him to slash his quote by at least $4k in order to fit into my budget..really headache...

i can vouch for his painters - very very skillful - no overlapping no paints on your wall sockets, whole house is in EVEN colour.

best thing is - they patch up all the holes.

i dunno if Patrick made a mistake cos he is too busy or wat. but he charge me 2.5k for whole house painting including doors n pipes. then $450 for painting my balcony wall cos mine is a EM unit and comes with 2 storey high balcony..anyway i'll check with him tml when i see him. my condition of walls is not in a terrible state considering we just painted 3 years back.

he charge me $2200 or $2400 for my EM but that was last year.

Hi Mace,

So your house was done by Ho Bee? Care to share how much your overall reno cost?

my house done by hobee - $20k

but then we only did whatever that is NECESSARY, no fanciful stuffs.

took the advice from a OLD BIRD here, reno our house to look like a house, not look like a hotel. :notti:

Hi MACE...can see your house photos???

Agreed with you. Do only necessary....

my house done by hobee - $20k

but then we only did whatever that is NECESSARY, no fanciful stuffs.

took the advice from a OLD BIRD here, reno our house to look like a house, not look like a hotel. :notti:

You can see mine at http://atrinaresort.blogspot.com Done by Ho Bee. But the house still messy. not yet decorated. :P

Hi Buibui

I am new to this forum

I am getting my new house key in 2 weeks - 4 room - Premium

I have visited your blogspot- seems good- can I know how much you have spent?

Your reply really will help me fix my budget - you can e mail me also

ramu_s@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hi Buibui

I am new to this forum

I am getting my new house key in 2 weeks - 4 room - Premium

I have visited your blogspot- seems good- can I know how much you have spent?

Your reply really will help me fix my budget - you can e mail me also

ramu_s@hotmail.com

Thanks

Hi Ramus,

I've sent you a PM. :yamseng:

It appears some of you have good experience with HB's painting job.

For me, I was quite disappointed. The paintings looks hurriedly done and some sockets got paint, some paint on wardrobe, the lines between the wall and wardrobe got tiny holes and untidy, the paint along the skirting also not neat, some more dark skirting. The aircon around also got some paint. Paint the door frame shouldn't be too difficult but the painter managed the get some paint on the wall next to it and also not very neat between the frame and wall.

And think I cannot see the pipes hidden, nevermind, just paint through only with all the mould still visible.

Do any of you have such problems? My painting was done singlehandedly by a man full of tatoos.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Any suggestions of what I can ask HB to do? Do touch up? Give discount?

The cost $1200 (ICI) paint whole house.

Metal door frame, frame, piping $150

sealer on ceiling $300

It appears some of you have good experience with HB's painting job.

For me, I was quite disappointed. The paintings looks hurriedly done and some sockets got paint, some paint on wardrobe, the lines between the wall and wardrobe got tiny holes and untidy, the paint along the skirting also not neat, some more dark skirting. The aircon around also got some paint. Paint the door frame shouldn't be too difficult but the painter managed the get some paint on the wall next to it and also not very neat between the frame and wall.

And think I cannot see the pipes hidden, nevermind, just paint through only with all the mould still visible.

Do any of you have such problems? My painting was done singlehandedly by a man full of tatoos.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Any suggestions of what I can ask HB to do? Do touch up? Give discount?

The cost $1200 (ICI) paint whole house.

Metal door frame, frame, piping $150

sealer on ceiling $300

:jawdrop:

mine was painted by 2 old uncles - one of them is patrick's uncle.

whole house was very NEAT, no overlapping, all straight lines...

did you reflect this to patrick?

My flat was also painted by the same guy as yours.

I won't say I am very satisfied with him, but I didn't set high expectation on the painting job, unlike my kitchen cabinet.

Yes, a bit of paint on the sockets, skirting lines also not neat etc, not very serious to me though I hope he could do better. I think most guys are just not as careful as women :P Also if one needs to run a few houses for painting, he probably has to do a quick n fast job :(

Actually, he is still serious with his work, that's why I didn't complain to Patrick on this matter. One of my bedroom wall was in pretty bad condition due to water seepage from external surface, though I didn't notice the greyish background wall colour, he painted it 5 times!

He missed out 1 coating on one section of my kitchen wall cos the tiler was doing my concrete support. After the final coating, I told him that piece of wall looked darker, not yellow enough compared with the rest. Although he did not see any difference, he painted it once more upon my request, no question no angry face. Unlike the tiler who felt that I was too fussy and trying to challenge his expertise 8|

You can ask Patrick to touch up if you are not happy with the paint job. I am sure he will try to do his best to make you happy. I used to disturb Patrick by saying that if I am not happy, I will deduct his "salary" :notti: