Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

used him for 2 renos.

1)terrible painting job, with lots of splutters everywhere (on floor, windows, doors) and drips which i did not discover until after moving in. no choice, so living with this now.

2)carpentry is mediocre at best. he actually installed the wrong colour solid surface top for my bathroom, but as i had to move in quickly, i did not have it changed. so, living with that terrible colour mismatch now too!

3)the solid surface tops of kitchen cabinets & vanity top were extremely badly varnished. many spots were not even varnished, and are in their original raw texture.

4)plumbing is bad too, both kitchen & bathroom taps leak within months upon moving in.

service is good, but quality definitely not there for the high price he charges.

Edited by Honeygal

Hi guys.. Just to share my experience.. I'd decided to go ahead with Ho Bee despite the mixture of positive and negative comments on this forum.. Personally I felt that reno, like everything else, is very much depending on how much you can click with the ID/contractor and of course the element of luck.. Currently my hse's reno is still ongoing but so far, our experience with Patrick is a pleasant one.. As mentioned by many forummers, he's a honest man who's not afraid to share information with you if you have any questions.. And he'd kept to his schedule as promised.. *fingers crossed* In fact, I think he's quite efficient in getting the things done up.. As for the phone calls diverting to wife and the comments about him not picking up calls on weekends, we didnt really encounter, given that we had liaise with him for quotations and all for the past 1.5 months.. Just last week he'd picked up our call while he was holidaying overseas.. And even when we do call him on Sundays, he picks up and answer to our queries.. As for the "black face" part, I think it's just his character lah.. He does frown to us whenever I tried asking for freebies.. haha! So yea, that's all I can comment about him so far.. =)

used him for 2 renos.

1)terrible painting job, with lots of splutters everywhere (on floor, windows, doors) and drips which i did not discover until after moving in. no choice, so living with this now.

2)carpentry is mediocre at best. he actually installed the wrong colour solid surface top for my bathroom, but as i had to move in quickly, i did not have it changed. so, living with that terrible colour mismatch now too!

3)the solid surface tops of kitchen cabinets & vanity top were extremely badly varnished. many spots were not even varnished, and are in their original raw texture.

4)plumbing is bad too, both kitchen & bathroom taps leak within months upon moving in.

service is good, but quality definitely not there for the high price he charges.

Hi honeygal,

In my humble opinion, his renovation services suck. Then again, why did you use him twice if you already knew his standard?

Hi honeygal,

In my humble opinion, his renovation services suck. Then again, why did you use him twice if you already knew his standard?

the first reno with them was not that bad. the second reno was absolutely terrible. my bathroom mirror also had one small faint black patch when i moved in. i did not expect them to grow to 6 huge dark patches now!

and today, i just discovered two of my kitchen floor tiles creaking under my feet when i walk. very worried.

care to share your experience?

Hi guys, sorry to post a comment which does not relate to ho bee.

I'm looking for good plumber to do below services, I will be appreciated if you guys could

introduce a reliable and reasonable plumber to me. I called NTUC home service for

their listed plumber, but I a had horrible experience.

1. Water leakage from storage heater

I guess I need to replace with new one. I do have Rheem right now in common bathroom, but it seems like

this brand always give me leakage problem. So I'm considering Joven. (I'm using it and so far

it works great)

2. Install new w/c to my common bathroom.

Thanks guys and happy new year.

Hi im new to this forum and are looking for IDs, can intro? Thanks!

Whoever you choose, just remember not to choose Ho Bee......

the first reno with them was not that bad. the second reno was absolutely terrible. my bathroom mirror also had one small faint black patch when i moved in. i did not expect them to grow to 6 huge dark patches now!

and today, i just discovered two of my kitchen floor tiles creaking under my feet when i walk. very worried.

care to share your experience?

1) Hollow tiles for tiling works

2) Glass screens mounted inside bathrooms which are very shaky. The dimensions of the glass are not cut to size and his workers merely used silicon to make up for the gap.

3)He shortchanged me on the drawers dimensions for the kitchen cabinet.

4)Painting works was a disaster...

1) Hollow tiles for tiling works

2) Glass screens mounted inside bathrooms which are very shaky. The dimensions of the glass are not cut to size and his workers merely used silicon to make up for the gap.

3)He shortchanged me on the drawers dimensions for the kitchen cabinet.

4)Painting works was a disaster...

Think their standard went down over the years. Frankly, don't know how they warrant 40pages of generally good comments here though.

Think their standard went down over the years. Frankly, don't know how they warrant 40pages of generally good comments here though.

From renotalk reviews, I thought they are good. That was why I engaged them months ago. However they did a terrible job to my new place. Their carpenters damage my marble flooring & parquet floors and did a lousy job for my tv feature wall. The paint was patchy & the joint lines are visible. Paint work on wall was a disaster. I feedback to Patrick about the painter workmanship but there was no reply or actions from him. I wanted them to pay for the floor damages but grinding & polishing requires me to remove all furnitures. It was such a hassle and my wife advised me not to. Really disappointing with them. Heard many of their workers are leaving the company or left the company. Their workmanship really sucks. They do not deserve good reviews at all. Carpentry job & paint work are below par. Electrical work is average. Plastering work is ok. Overall, bad. They promised to provide good hinges (soft return) for my cabinets but did not. The L boxes were not made to my desired dimensions. Even dimensions & material for my book shelf are incorrect. Their quotes are not cheap either.

I will never never engage them again.

From renotalk reviews, I thought they are good. That was why I engaged them months ago. However they did a terrible job to my new place. Their carpenters damage my marble flooring & parquet floors and did a lousy job for my tv feature wall. The paint was patchy & the joint lines are visible. Paint work on wall was a disaster. I feedback to Patrick about the painter workmanship but there was no reply or actions from him. I wanted them to pay for the floor damages but grinding & polishing requires me to remove all furnitures. It was such a hassle and my wife advised me not to. Really disappointing with them. Heard many of their workers are leaving the company or left the company. Their workmanship really sucks. They do not deserve good reviews at all. Carpentry job & paint work are below par. Electrical work is average. Plastering work is ok. Overall, bad. They promised to provide good hinges (soft return) for my cabinets but did not. The L boxes were not made to my desired dimensions. Even dimensions & material for my book shelf are incorrect. Their quotes are not cheap either.

I will never never engage them again.

i have to agree. the paint work sucks big time, among a list of other sub-par work. unfortunately,i only discovered a lot defects as time went by eg damaged marble & parquet floors. the mirror was also defective when it was first installed, and as i did not realise the black patch would grow to 6 patches, i left it alone then.

oh well, i wouldn't advise anyone to use them, since their price is much higher, considering they are non ID contractor.

i have to agree. the paint work sucks big time, among a list of other sub-par work. unfortunately,i only discovered a lot defects as time went by eg damaged marble & parquet floors. the mirror was also defective when it was first installed, and as i did not realise the black patch would grow to 6 patches, i left it alone then.

oh well, i wouldn't advise anyone to use them, since their price is much higher, considering they are non ID contractor.

I hope more people get to read this before engaging Patrick.

It is a rare case if only 1 person complaint about his services but I'm seeing more people voicing out on his substandard services............

When I first used Patrick in early 2008 for my flat, I thought he was good as I read so many good posts about him in previous years. But I regretted deeply after using him.

The workmanship was lousy, materials used were of low standard, management was very poor. I had to rang him several times in front of his workers as he did not give the right instructions to them. He even had the cheek to tell me not to ring him during weekend as that was his family time.

I wrote about his lousy work in this forum in 2008 but I am surprised people still believe him. He might give you a very good first impression during house visit, but your nightmare would begin after the reno starts.

Edited by yokine9a

When I first used Patrick in early 2008 for my flat, I thought he was good as I read so many good posts about him in previous years. But I regretted deeply after using him.

The workmanship was lousy, materials used were of low standard, management was very poor. I had to rang him several times in front of his workers as he did not give the right instructions to them. He even had the cheek to tell me not to ring him during weekend as that was his family time.

I wrote about his lousy work in this forum in 2008 but I am surprised people still believe him. He might give you a very good first impression during house visit, but your nightmare would begin after the reno starts.

Hi Yokine9a,

I have the same thoughts as you!

Can you provide the link about his lousy work?

Regards