Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

So far i only called patrick once to so-called "chase" him for the quote. I just asked him, did he receive my email, he said yes and said will get back to me in 1-2 days time. After a day, his wife called me and said they had send me a quotation. I understand that they are busy and willing to give more time grace.

I think afterall have to plan our time properly. Some things just cannot be rush. Knowing that a popular contractor/ID, there bound to be delays, have to take in account for such cases. Who don't want to have their house done up asap?

Ah keong told me that they have alot of quotation requests through the internet. I told asked him how long do they need to take to complete my reno, they said 2 weeks, I said no hurry.

Afterall, among here i think my reno cost is the lowest.

[opps, just saw the post above, i am not the lowest in reno cost. :dancingqueen:]

Edited by xinyi_reiko

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

keke.... i guess your are right.... right timing or not..... but if really in a rush then no choice.... need to work out alternatives.....

If he gave you the second quote (which is the same as first quote), does it mean that it is the final quote for your job?

Anyway, this thing sure will happen once in a blue moon. It is unfortunate for you. I guess one can't please everybody. My experience with him is great, I can only sing praises on him. :notti:

So, have you finished your reno? Sometimes it is better to give yourself more lead time when coordinating more than one contractor or supplier for your project, otherwise you will have heart attack everyday throughout the whole project.

Good luck in your current reno... :dancingqueen:

Hi, yah I know that's why I don't want to say comments about him when this is his company thread but Lukecas lah 8| Ask me why open ended answers...

I understand that when I met up with him that he is a sincere man. But you cannot imagine how many times (3 emails & 3 phonecalls) have I chase him for quote & I told him specifically the day I meet him that I have a tight schedule because IKEA staff is coming to assemble the WIW pole system. And you cannot imagine how frantic 8| I was looking for another contractor when kena "tua" by him...

The worst thing is not the delay but he gave me the SAME quote that he emailed me before he view my house! Thats show how he value my businees lor... :bleah:

Many people have raves about him but just that my project is not for him. :help:

My reno is lower than yours.... Maybe I "suay" lor :P .. Hee...

Aiyoo.. Haven't even started! :notti: Because of the delay, now I am rushing the other contractor to apply HDB permit then can start hacking my storeroom... Almost have heart attack going through the process.

One more :good: for Patrick is that even though with some many referrals from old customers and forums, and many projects on hand; he is still so humble and does not show any hot air. This is one important lesson we can learn from him. :bow:

If comparing 'small reno' I think mine proably d 'smallest'. Total minor works less than 1.7k :P

My hubby & I both agree wholeheartedly that we r so lucky to find an honest reliable contractor like Patrick! :)

Oh... this may take a week of waiting for the permit to be approved.

I juz wonder if she is able to get the storeroom hacked in time for the WiW to be fixed by Ikea... Should postpone the fixing of WiW to a later date....

I think she is still doing... Awaiting HDB.... right?

How much is your project?

Should be around <7k. This is my guess lah. My first quote is 5.6k. I need to get him to come down and take a look at my house. Will need to add another 2 more items. See how it goes. Will be getting keys this sunday. Feeling more and more excited. Hehe.

Congrats on getting ur keys.... I recall the day I received my keys from my agent... Very excited too... it was the same time, Patrick came down with a slim lady to show her where to hack... and hacking kicked off the next day...

Where is your new place?

Should be around <7k. This is my guess lah. My first quote is 5.6k. I need to get him to come down and take a look at my house. Will need to add another 2 more items. See how it goes. Will be getting keys this sunday. Feeling more and more excited. Hehe.

Sniff Sniff.... will only get my keys on the 20th..... :dancingqueen:

Ok lah. 2 days later. Where is your new place?

Congrats on getting ur keys.... I recall the day I received my keys from my agent... Very excited too... it was the same time, Patrick came down with a slim lady to show her where to hack... and hacking kicked off the next day...

Where is your new place?

At bukit panjang. :notti: Wah. A lady hacking? Steady sia. Haha. I also thinking to get patrick down that day to do measurements.

Ok lah. 2 days later. Where is your new place?

At bukit panjang. :sport-smiley-004: Wah. A lady hacking? Steady sia. Haha. I also thinking to get patrick down that day to do measurements.

Hey!! I just sold my Bukit Panjang Flat.... Moving to Yew Tee... :sport-smiley-004:

Storeberry

Very sorry to hear of your experience. Can i ask u... what did he / mrs quek say when u called to chase for quote? did they explain why they cannot give it to you in time? or were they very rude and just say that they will pass to you soon?

thanks.

Hi Gothique,

No they wasn't rude or what, Mrs Quek was apologetic & she sound shocked when I told her still haven't rceeived quote from Patrick when I call them. When I told her the quote is the same without adding the extra things I need to do, she was very apologetic. But damage done, I was disappointed. :(

storebery

sorry to hear your experience with him.

Maybe i am a lucky one...For me, Patrick respond very good, it took him 2 days to quote me after he came to my place -measure and house condition. In fact, my reno also small project type <13k. I dun even call him or chase for the quote. He came on thursday and email the quote to me on saturday which i never check my email on weekends...something to add, along the way, i change my mind of adding and remove some item..every time i will get back the quotes on next day..

too add....maybe u all can try to ask him to go up to ur place straight to quotes which i think is more pratical as at least he see the house condition and understand what u want to do

err 21 projects..average one project 10k........man...210k bussiness :deal: ..who dun want!!!!!!!

Hi sinshell,

Thanks! I know he is a good guy just that my project not for him lor.. Mine reno only $4000 ++ so... consider very small project. I arranged to meet him that day I collected my keys & I only contacted him.

Paiseh... Paiseh... :P I concern mah... thats why ask how come open-ended answer.....

anyway, I am sure that you will be able to get your house done up soon.... Cheers!!

Hee... No problem la, luckeas! I joking only... :notti: Thanks! No worries! Pray eveything will be great! :yamseng:

If he gave you the second quote (which is the same as first quote), does it mean that it is the final quote for your job?

Anyway, this thing sure will happen once in a blue moon. It is unfortunate for you. I guess one can't please everybody. My experience with him is great, I can only sing praises on him. :sport-smiley-004:

So, have you finished your reno? Sometimes it is better to give yourself more lead time when coordinating more than one contractor or supplier for your project, otherwise you will have heart attack everyday throughout the whole project.

Good luck in your current reno... :sport-smiley-004:

One more :good: for Patrick is that even though with some many referrals from old customers and forums, and many projects on hand; he is still so humble and does not show any hot air. This is one important lesson we can learn from him. :bow:

Hi, no because when we meet up, we asked him to quote for other things. So when I received the same quote I was !! so but its ok, I have got another contractor already so... Maybe next time.. Thanks!

I think she is still doing... Awaiting HDB.... right?

Yah, jus submitted today, the contractor told me 3 days... Really pray for favor with the HDB officer. :)

Lukecas, I am also at Yew Tee! Mine is near Yew Tee MRT. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh... this may take a week of waiting for the permit to be approved.

I juz wonder if she is able to get the storeroom hacked in time for the WiW to be fixed by Ikea... Should postpone the fixing of WiW to a later date....

Yah, I leaving it to GOD to help me with the this. I wanted to postpone but every day store at Ikea is $5 so additional costs... If really no choice then :sport-smiley-004:

Hey... be positive..... I am sure it will work out fine.... Nowadays HDB response quite prompt already....

There was once I complained abt some graffiti near my unit, evening when I come home it was gone already.... :sport-smiley-004: