Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyblue

A Simple Place @ Bedok =)

i got one foldable mattress from seahorse from $39.50,nicely foldable.

I was thinking of that lor, I happened to be at Compass Point today, then they say no stock!!

What, the whole S'pore running after to buy mattress meh??

So puzzled, haha.... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
skyblue: u want those mini transparent little 'bumps' to stick on ur window grills for the roller blinds? i bought 1 piece from Suntec... n use only 1 bump.. still got a lot left. u wan i can send u some leh.. no need to waste money to buy ah...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, is it useful? I buy from you lah, if not share half-half also can, haha....

Will PM you my number soon.

By the way, I told Steve about the electric drill already... :)

Edited by skyblue

try at plaza sin

Plaza Sing, very "ley-chey" leh, I might try at Century Square first tomorrow, nearer and not in town mah.

But thanks for pointing out another option. :)

or else u can try to call before going down,better still ,haha...

your current place is where ah?u selling your old flat?contra?

Just now already tried calling, but no one pick it up!! :angry:

MY current place - you never see my heading meh - Bedok.

Old place is my mother's, will be renting out next year. Why only next year?

Because my youngest niece is K2 near old place (my mother looking after), once she finish this year, then all will come over lor...

oic!so u got "freedom" for half year :notti:

I always got my freedom what, haha...

To think I also had stayed alone previously (2004 - 2007) before at my own condo, that was truly PARADISE!!

Too bad, due to work commitment and all, got to give it up. Oh well, that's life! :)

huh?u posted to oversea to work also ah?!haha

No, I bought Changi Rise in 2004.

However, I did went overseas for a short while (expecting long term actually) in 2007, which is why I need to sell off.

You may suggest to rent it out, but my house got all Plasma TV, DVD recorder and everything, don't think I feel safe renting out, thus sell!

Just to cut long story short...

can just leave it there,if u are in oversea only a shortwhile ma.

actually can rent out if someone is there to monitor for u from time to time.

Actually, like I mentioned - I was expecting long term rather than short term.

Anyway, it is very much a long story with some other issues involve, don't think I should bore the rest of them here.

Will tell you more when we ever meet up for a "session", so that you can have a better "picture" of the whole story...

Got to go "home" already, will chat again when I am online, it's getting late (I have no mattress here, haha...).

:)

Actually, like I mentioned - I was expecting long term rather than short term.

Anyway, it is very much a long story with some other issues involve, don't think I should bore the rest of them here.

Will tell you more when we ever meet up for a "session", so that you can have a better "picture" of the whole story...

Got to go "home" already, will chat again when I am online, it's getting late (I have no mattress here, haha...).

:)

Haha you sure do 'travel' a lot eh... to and fro your new and old place :P

Hi rolexboy, yes, you have a valid point there. For my study room, I would not be opening my windows as I would be turning on my aircon, so it shouldn't be a problem.

As for the other room, I intend to get a "stopper" thing so that when the wind blows, the "impact" of the banging sound will be greatly reduced. I need to source for it, use it then put it up here with photo(s) to show you when it is done. Right now it's just a "theory", haha...

The other reason for me to choose roller blinds over curtains is that it requires no washing (less to maintain, just wipe clean), whereas curtains need to be washed on a regular basis.

I also no $$$ already, need a very long "breather" too, heehee... :P

Thanks for your well wishing, all the best to you too!! :)

It’s not easy to paste “bumper sticker”, coz when the blind is being “flip up” by the wind, the length is shorter liao…

So it’s the end part of the blind that hitting on the window frame… unless the blind is slightly longer than normal, then maybe can do so..

Wat my cousin did was to cover half or ¾ of the window, enuff to block out the sun..

And secure the end of the blind to window frame by means of big paper clip, so that it won’t flip around creating noise..

jus happen to see it a few time when I was playing MJ at her place…

hope that the bumper sticker will be able to solve this issue, if it arises.

All the best and hope u can move in asap…

Are you getting an auspicious move in date?

As for the other room, I intend to get a "stopper" thing so that when the wind blows, the "impact" of the banging sound will be greatly reduced. I need to source for it, use it then put it up here with photo(s) to show you when it is done. Right now it's just a "theory", haha...

The other reason for me to choose roller blinds over curtains is that it requires no washing (less to maintain, just wipe clean), whereas curtains need to be washed on a regular basis.

Hi skyblue

Ya, we all have our parents from their generation and juz to let u know when my parents come over to stay with me in my new flat (due for completion 2 days later, yeah finally!), my dearest mum is moving her old antique sewing machine over. Yes, its those type used in the olden days - with leg pedal and manual operation type hor. Anyway, shall not mention the touchy part again, sigh for u and myself!!!

Ya, u mention about the stopper, do post the details when u have got it. Same sentiments, we are getting blinds for 3 bedrooms. The thought of putting up the curtains, taking down to wash, putting up again after the wash can kill.

Thanks 自己人 :yeah:

Edited by pbtgal

that kinda sewing machine would soon become antique!

do u know i have the ink (red and black film) type-writer?

:sport-smiley-004:

Haha :yamseng: , we can all contribute our antiques to the museum together!

Haha you sure do 'travel' a lot eh... to and fro your new and old place :P

Hi p3nguins, your word travel is like a "hidden meaning" is it?

But yes, a lot of travelling indeed, haha... :P

It’s not easy to paste “bumper sticker”, coz when the blind is being “flip up” by the wind, the length is shorter liao…

So it’s the end part of the blind that hitting on the window frame… unless the blind is slightly longer than normal, then maybe can do so..

Wat my cousin did was to cover half or ¾ of the window, enuff to block out the sun..

And secure the end of the blind to window frame by means of big paper clip, so that it won’t flip around creating noise..

jus happen to see it a few time when I was playing MJ at her place…

hope that the bumper sticker will be able to solve this issue, if it arises.

All the best and hope u can move in asap…

Are you getting an auspicious move in date?

Wah, rolexboy, thanks for the informative insight to a "look-like simple" issue.

Will definitely take note of your point, glad that you even brought it up for my attention. Really appreciate it!

Cheers! :)

Hi skyblue

Ya, we all have our parents from their generation and juz to let u know when my parents come over to stay with me in my new flat (due for completion 2 days later, yeah finally!), my dearest mum is moving her old antique sewing machine over. Yes, its those type used in the olden days - with leg pedal and manual operation type hor. Anyway, shall not mention the touchy part again, sigh for u and myself!!!

Ya, u mention about the stopper, do post the details when u have got it. Same sentiments, we are getting blinds for 3 bedrooms. The thought of putting up the curtains, taking down to wash, putting up again after the wash can kill.

Thanks 自己人 :yeah:

Hi pbtgal, thanks for your sharing.

I will definitely post the blind issue when I manage to try it out – hopefully by next week. Too many little things to settle.

By the way, my mother also has something of that sewing machine at her place, but she won't be bringing over though, phew!! :P

that kinda sewing machine would soon become antique!

do u know i have the ink (red and black film) type-writer?

:sport-smiley-004:

Rondy & pbtgal, I do not have any antiques except some coins and notes from "yester-years". Haha...