Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Supersimon27

Simon & Rachel Project

sure no problem . if I scared pp copy , i wouldn't post at renotalk liao mah . visited yr blog - but din see any complete photo leh

Reno is finished le, just that i'm uploading pics of the process first. :)

Should be uploading the finished pics in a few days time...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Good services part 4

The Henner club – Henry ID note Woodlands ( A HDB licensed contactor )

Ever since I start my T-blog , I had receive quite a lot of Pm asking about my contractor contact. Since then the henner force had been growing too. To be fair I think it’s time for me to write a short review (not really short) on Henry team of renovation to answer all quires.

I like Henry Quotation. It’s clear all black and white. Anything written in the quotation he will not increase the price (unless upgrade involved). Forumer had been asking me about any hidden cost. I would say there isn’t any for my case, or I would say I didn’t consider those as hidden cost as mainly mine is like adding additional item (changing of door knock etc etc). To me example of hidden cost is like: He charge u the kitchen cabinet but after doing it he tell you need to pay extra for the handle, or labour cost for installing hob and hood etc … But Henry wouldn’t do this type of thing.

Price wise, it’s really very good. I visited a total of around 10 ID film and contractor. He’s the one with the lowest and giving me the most confident. One of my army friends is working with an ID film. I show him the quote that time and he keep asking me to be careful as the price is too cheap to true. Ha … Lucky everything turn out well.

Contact ability. Very good. Henry is always contactable be it before signing, during renovation or even after renovation. Even when he is not in Singapore, he will call you back immediately once he is back. So far the longest wait I had for him is 2hr when he is with another customer. He call back 2hr after my miss call.

Design. Not bad. He is not those designer that give you 3D drawing. He designs through his experience. My kitchen is design by him. He’s also the one that drive us around selecting our tile. We actually spend whole day selecting tile and he give a lot of good recommendation too.

Carpenter Workmanship. Very Good. Understand from forum that a lot of contactor will discourage their customer to choice white glossy laminate for their cabinet. Excuse given will be hard to maintains, turn yellow etc etc. However the true reason is that it’s very difficult to install as there will be a high chance of visible warpage. However when I chose white laminate for my kitchen, he didn’t discourage me at all and even help me to design and match the red glossy laminate. Even closet design designer also admit my my kitchen is very well done.

Tiler workmanship. Good . The ground line between tile is small and not deep. We are quite fussy customer, even small snake ground line we wouldn’t accepted.

Painter. Bad. I don’t really like the painter initial workmanship. Did complaint to Henry about that and lucky he send another guy to rectify the problem. If not I will see patches at my living hall… Phew…

Electrician. Price is average but after sale service very good. I did consider outsourcing initial, (hoping to save some money) but in the end his electrician price is very standard as compare to the market. To save trouble I let him handle. But I must say his after sale service is really good. There is 1 occasion that my MBR toilet light spoils. I call Henry to arrange his electrician to take a look. Upon trouble shooting we found out that it’s not the installation problem but it’s the light issue. He didn’t charge us for that service and even offer to reinstall back the light FOC for me after I exchange it from lighting shop.

Laminated flooring. Henry got Supreme member to install my laminated flooring. The only thing that surprises me is that he manages to get the price lower then what I get from contacting supreme direct. He keep telling me he didn’t earn for that, ha … don’t know how true.

Plumper services. I really feel sorry for them. They are the one that visit my house the most time as the thing I bought keep having problem (no extra charges for additional visit during renovation) . I would say their workmanship is neat and tidy and during the last visit (my W.C saga ) that guy even mop my common toilet clean before he left.

To date, I still keep in contact with Henry. He just visits my place recently to look at my baby with his wife and 2 cute boy boy. I feel comfortable working with him and hope anyone who work with him have a pleasant experience too.

Hi Simon,

thank god for renotalk forum... I get so much insights from this forum man. i prolly sound like a stalker but I actually comb through yr entire T-blog. HA!

anywayz, quick intro... my wifey and I are also quite sure of the design we want for our EA. More so, after meeting up 3 IDs and all the tips traded after talking to them. the other 2 remaining IDs we met were purely jus telling them what we want, so erm.. not much design for them to come up with le. plus, i strongly believe getting a ID company means the final damage we are paying are for his design, the company rental, company headcounts, company advertisements etc..

so having said that, am currently hunting for a contractor to do up the flat and gee... this Henner club.. is getting stronger and stronger i tot is gonna be public listed! haha

really hope to meet up with Henry and join this club too! so hey, pm me for his contact can?

and since tis T-blog has been ard since jun last yr, hope latest members of henner club can drop in a comment or two on henry too esp if yr place is currently under reno as we speak ya.

really exciting times ahead

Hi Simon,

thank god for renotalk forum... I get so much insights from this forum man. i prolly sound like a stalker but I actually comb through yr entire T-blog. HA!

anywayz, quick intro... my wifey and I are also quite sure of the design we want for our EA. More so, after meeting up 3 IDs and all the tips traded after talking to them. the other 2 remaining IDs we met were purely jus telling them what we want, so erm.. not much design for them to come up with le. plus, i strongly believe getting a ID company means the final damage we are paying are for his design, the company rental, company headcounts, company advertisements etc..

so having said that, am currently hunting for a contractor to do up the flat and gee... this Henner club.. is getting stronger and stronger i tot is gonna be public listed! haha

really hope to meet up with Henry and join this club too! so hey, pm me for his contact can?

and since tis T-blog has been ard since jun last yr, hope latest members of henner club can drop in a comment or two on henry too esp if yr place is currently under reno as we speak ya.

really exciting times ahead

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Pm with contact send

Few latest member who had started and on the process of renovating will be fencer , eugela, loveandfaithandgrace, ,mix361001,fuzzybrain etc etc .

Thanks for visiting my blog :) Pm with contact send

Few latest member who had started and on the process of renovating will be fencer , eugela, loveandfaithandgrace, ,mix361001,fuzzybrain etc etc .

got yr pm! tks really!

now that simon had spilled the beans, looks like I'm gonna be stalker to a few more t-blogs here. ha!

got yr pm! tks really!

now that simon had spilled the beans, looks like I'm gonna be stalker to a few more t-blogs here. ha!

Will be glad to help if needed. Enjoy your process and I am sure the outcome will be very satisfying.

Will be glad to help if needed. Enjoy your process and I am sure the outcome will be very satisfying.

yea, like i said... Very EXCITING time ahead aka also Very EXPENSIVE time ahead. haha

for now, jus need to pick up the remainder quotations from the IDs so that I can come up one on my own

Simon,how much did u pay for your new camara ah?Mine dead liao,need to get one,donno which brand is good.

How many pixel is yours?

:unsure:

rondy , mine is the most value for money entry level DSLR in the market now.

Me using Pentax model KX

Depend on what u want .

1 body + 1 kit lens 18-55mm around $800 +/-

Or 1 body + 2 kit lenses 18-55mm and 50- 200mm for $920 +/-

Or 1 body + 2 kit lenses 18-55mm and 50-300mm for 1100 +/-

Full review can read here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/

Do note that for Nikon to have this spec , the closest compare is D5000 selling at 1199 for single kit lens or 1499 for 18-55 and 50-200mm

For canon the closest compare is 500D going at 1299 for single kit lens .

Of cos the canon and nikon got their own pro and con too :)

HI, For the past 3 weeks been trying to get a quote from Henry... He really seems very occupied, called him to bug him 4 times already. After my first call to him, my hubby sent email a couple of days later (04 MAR). Then because he said to wait 1-2 weeks, i waited till 1.5 weeks to follow up. He said would give me by end of week.. waited then called again half a week later... and so on till now.. it's the 30th... but fortunately only need to reno only Mid- May... Really thought by now would have a few quotes to look at... but because his club is growing- am hanging on for something good to come out of the wait..

HI, For the past 3 weeks been trying to get a quote from Henry... He really seems very occupied, called him to bug him 4 times already. After my first call to him, my hubby sent email a couple of days later (04 MAR). Then because he said to wait 1-2 weeks, i waited till 1.5 weeks to follow up. He said would give me by end of week.. waited then called again half a week later... and so on till now.. it's the 30th... but fortunately only need to reno only Mid- May... Really thought by now would have a few quotes to look at... but because his club is growing- am hanging on for something good to come out of the wait..

Hi there,

Henry is really very busy but he is worth the wait, trust me. He is one of those IDs that is creative and is able to think on his feet. Mention that you are recommended by Simon from Woodlands is one way to get his attention.

Bro Simon,

I like your kitchen very much, it is very beautiful.

Cheers.

wow!not cheap hor? :o

Bro just buy a point and shoot cam lah LOL :P

This is the pic i took recently at my Taiwan trip using my PNS fujiflim which is widely known for it's excellent night shot

4474376505_50878cedf6.jpg

4475151612_61aaf85b21.jpg

Of cos I know that there's no way it can compare to the quality of a DSLR but my camera cost less than $400 as compare to the price of a DSLR too. So you will have to know what is your requirements for your camera too.

wow!not cheap hor? :o

For a DSLR , I find that $800 very cheap liao . but of course I always rem this quote

Remember that great photographs are always made by photographers and not just cameras or lens.

I always find Kopi shots much much better then mine . Me still a newbie , so still got a lot to learn :)

For a DSLR , I find that $800 very cheap liao . but of course I always rem this quote

Remember that great photographs are always made by photographers and not just cameras or lens.

I always find Kopi shots much much better then mine . Me still a newbie , so still got a lot to learn :)

Yes bro your DSLR is a good buy as I have 3 frens holding on to it LOL

The reason why I'm resisting myself from getting one is that I fear that it will become a white elephant as I'm seriously **** lazy to lug such a huge camera everytime I goes out leh LOL :P

Hi PNC , U want to to "push" henry for u ? I can help u to drop him a sms or give him a call. I believe early march he is busy doing all the shifting work . That's y all the delay.

Hi there,

Henry is really very busy but he is worth the wait, trust me. He is one of those IDs that is creative and is able to think on his feet. Mention that you are recommended by Simon from Woodlands is one way to get his attention.

Bro Simon,

I like your kitchen very much, it is very beautiful.

Cheers.

Hi england, thanks for liking my kitchen . In fact I just give henry the colour I want and he design the whole thing .

So are u considering to engage henry too ? Or u join other camp liao :)

Yes bro your DSLR is a good buy as I have 3 frens holding on to it LOL

The reason why I'm resisting myself from getting one is that I fear that it will become a white elephant as I'm seriously **** lazy to lug such a huge camera everytime I goes out leh LOL :P

Camera is small thing . U got to bring all the lenses ar ... tripod ar .... extra bat t ar etc etc .... Imaging I still got to carry Jaden stuff ....

Sometime I also few like leaving it at home. But I also worry that I might need it anytime. Especially I never know when Jaden is in good mood to make all those cheeky expression . Ha