Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKCH

2-bedroom Unit At Lorong Chuan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
woah!!! good buy! :jawdrop:

Hehe not bad hor? Quite pleased with these two purchases. I'm glad that the guy from Everjoint recommended me to get the Hitachi instead of the Samsung. The Samsung is an older model, a Korean brand vs Japanese brand, is Silver nano antibacteria instead of Hitachi's Titanium Nano. And, the Samsung older model is more expensive than the Hitachi by 100 bucks.

:sport-smiley-004:

Overseas now, so the wife is gonna take deputize the overseeing.

Tiling almost done. Carpenters doing measurements and false ceilings gonna be done up. :sport-smiley-018:

.Looks like there is going to be some layout changes to the kitchen. It is a little bit smaller than what we expected.

Anyway been looking around for toilet stuff, namely WC, kitchen sinks, basins, bla bla.

So, walked around Balestier Road, at SSC, Luxury Baths, ***. At Luxury Bath, I have been tempted with an offer that they were giving. A one piece Magnum WC + a basin, from a choice of 4, for SGD308. Very tempting... Anybody has any idea how Magnum is like? Cos I have only seen brands like Baron, or Crizto...

Then, for kitchen sink, saw one which is quite nice, by Snow. Its 880x480x180. One big sink and one smaller sink. So quite useful for us. Semi-matt. Going for SGD218.

Tomorrow, more visiting at Asia Excel and Poh Joo.

Need feedback guys! :D

Edited by DKCH

i go for number 2 :D

Thanks for the feedback guys. Like I said, the wife is gonna decide. And she goes for option 1. :P Although I prefer the second option with the dark colour below. However, she says that since the floor tiles are gray, it would be better ot have the bottom cabinet white for the contrast. Oh well, she will be spending more time in there than I am.

Yesterday went to Asia Excel. For your information, they still have the Cusinio hood and hob, Franke sink and Franke Fermont mixer on promotion for SGD699. I actually wanted to take that, but since our kitchen is so tiny, we can't accomodate their hood and hob.

So, today, we went to Royal Fanco and spent SGD2750 there. Everything settled. Breakdown coming next!

This is getting reallllly expensive....

Thanks for the feedback guys. Like I said, the wife is gonna decide. And she goes for option 1. :P Although I prefer the second option with the dark colour below. However, she says that since the floor tiles are gray, it would be better ot have the bottom cabinet white for the contrast. Oh well, she will be spending more time in there than I am.

Yesterday went to Asia Excel. For your information, they still have the Cusinio hood and hob, Franke sink and Franke Fermont mixer on promotion for SGD699. I actually wanted to take that, but since our kitchen is so tiny, we can't accomodate their hood and hob.

So, today, we went to Royal Fanco and spent SGD2750 there. Everything settled. Breakdown coming next!

endure!!! gambatte!!!! :D

it like that de....at least RF is a good choice,,,they are good in theri service..:)

Okay, so here are the things that we got at RF.

Magnum brand basin + WC for SGD288 package price. Heard that all the brands like Magnum, Geo Ceram, Crizto are pretty much the same, so no reason to go for a really expensive brand.

Mixer+Hand Shower+Rain Shower for SGD420, by an Italian brand. Expensive! But, for the Master Bathroom, so why not? Need to pamper myself with a rain shower once in a while...

Franke kitchen sink + Fremont mixer for SGD428. Package price by Franke.

Turbo hood and hob for SGD730. No choice but to go for this particular model of the hood because our kitchen is really tiny and it can only accomodate a 600mm wide hood.

Other things like towel rack, toilet paper holder, etc etc.

Delivery will be this Saturday. Then things can be installed next week.

Okay, next on the shopping agenda will be lightings! Have been to Chan Huat at Balestier Road so far. Can anyone recommend any other shops that have reasonable pricing and a decent range? Has to be done by this weekend.

Help!

ARGH! I paid SGD429 for the Franke sink and Fremont mixer.

How come some people on this forum are saying they paid SGD379?!?!?!

WHYYYYYY??

So, as I was telling myself on this blog, the time has come to get lights for my place.

The usual stuff like PLC lights and T5 lights, cannot escape. Prices all about the same, but I found the cheapest at Lights Arcade over at Balestier Road. 5.5 inches 2x13W is going for SGD22. Other shops have different prices but I guess cannot really compare because of different designs or finishing or quality.

However, will go over to Choo Chiang tomorrow to see how much they are selling those for. Might be cheaper there actually.

Only lights I really need to look for are the lights in the WIW, one hanging light at the counter in the kitchen, one light in the common bedroom, and one light at the dining table.

Found a really nice one over at Chan Huat. It is like 6 ice cubes hanging from the ceiling, costs SGD435 after bargaining a bit. Originally SGD480 before GST. Then, for WIW, planning to get three rounds attached together for SGD140 (I think). Common bedroom light gonna be a normal big square light. For the kitchen counter, gonna go for a nice simple red and white hanging light for SGD65 or so.

And, I don't know if it's me, but, I think my ID is sulking a bit because I got my toilet stuff on my own, and I am getting my lights on my own. I read on the forum that if I were to go to the lights shops with an ID or contractor, I will get chopped big time. But my ID said on the contrary, if go with ID should be able to bargain more. So don't know which is true.

Then again, I may just be over-sensitive.

27 July - Painting and general cleaning starting

31 July - Delivery of toilet stuff and lightings

3 Aug - Start of polishing of parquet in bedrooms

5 Aug - Delivery of washing machine and fridge

8 Aug - Delivery of Simmons mattress

11 Aug - Installation of wardrobe by Alumix

And, somewhere in between there, installation of airconditioners, kitchen cabinets and TV console.

So, as I was telling myself on this blog, the time has come to get lights for my place.

The usual stuff like PLC lights and T5 lights, cannot escape. Prices all about the same, but I found the cheapest at Lights Arcade over at Balestier Road. 5.5 inches 2x13W is going for SGD22. Other shops have different prices but I guess cannot really compare because of different designs or finishing or quality.

However, will go over to Choo Chiang tomorrow to see how much they are selling those for. Might be cheaper there actually.

Only lights I really need to look for are the lights in the WIW, one hanging light at the counter in the kitchen, one light in the common bedroom, and one light at the dining table.

Found a really nice one over at Chan Huat. It is like 6 ice cubes hanging from the ceiling, costs SGD435 after bargaining a bit. Originally SGD480 before GST. Then, for WIW, planning to get three rounds attached together for SGD140 (I think). Common bedroom light gonna be a normal big square light. For the kitchen counter, gonna go for a nice simple red and white hanging light for SGD65 or so.

And, I don't know if it's me, but, I think my ID is sulking a bit because I got my toilet stuff on my own, and I am getting my lights on my own. I read on the forum that if I were to go to the lights shops with an ID or contractor, I will get chopped big time. But my ID said on the contrary, if go with ID should be able to bargain more. So don't know which is true.

Then again, I may just be over-sensitive.

27 July - Painting and general cleaning starting

31 July - Delivery of toilet stuff and lightings

3 Aug - Start of polishing of parquet in bedrooms

5 Aug - Delivery of washing machine and fridge

8 Aug - Delivery of Simmons mattress

11 Aug - Installation of wardrobe by Alumix

And, somewhere in between there, installation of airconditioners, kitchen cabinets and TV console.

Haha, I guess your ID maybe sulking slightly cos they sure earn a bit of comm from the sales of toiletries and lightings. For me, I went along with my ID so that he will liaise the delivery etc and any problem with the WC etc I will go after my ID too. But then again, I make sure prices are not too far off. Let them earn a bit of coffee money ba.....:)