Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

yes still trying to figure out how to do that and I'm gonna bake some cupcakes on x'mas day for weekend parties....the recipe you gave for icing is royal icing or normal? if its normal, can tell how you made the royal?

you going this sunday to tulips place?

I used royal icing (a recipe that didn't raw egg whites). U can actually goggle royal icing and lots of diff recipes will come out. Just pick the one u prefer. :) I tink normal icing should be those that pple use to frost cakes bah. Not too sure abt the many different types of icing still.

I may not be able to go leh. I'm trying to shift my frens' gathering fr sun to sat, but there's afew that may not be able to meet on sat. Still trying and waiting for all response fr my frens.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All (The experts and old birds),

Can I ask what brand of Vanilla Essence do u use? I tried the one from Phoon Huat, but, end up my HB say got some weird taste... It could be my baking skill (Or the lack of it :D). Just wondering if there is any highly raved brands that I could get.

Thanks!

Can I ask what brand of Vanilla Essence do u use? I tried the one from Phoon Huat, but, end up my HB say got some weird taste... It could be my baking skill (Or the lack of it :D). Just wondering if there is any highly raved brands that I could get.

Thanks!

So far I have been using the brand Bake King...got it from Cold Storage...

Hehe going to start my Christmas gift project soon...will start buying the ingredients tomorrow...planning to wrap chocolate chip cookies to be given to friends and relatives as Christmas gifts...think need to make 90 cookies cos planning to give them 3 cookies each :P

So going to be busy from tomorrow until Friday... :D

Hi born & all at "The Baking Clubby"

For your info, my wifey has a e-bakery business, wished to contribute here but i am no good at baking recipie at all..... :P .....only can reno & decorate EM hse only lor...of cuz .... :notti: ....can eat only lor....!

check it out at the below web-site:

http://www.theovenbaker.com

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Thanks!

So far I have been using the brand Bake King...got it from Cold Storage...

I also use Bake King. There's another vanilla extract that I tried fr Cold Storage that's rather X but very good. Can't rem the name. Let u know wen I rem/find out.

Hehe going to start my Christmas gift project soon...will start buying the ingredients tomorrow...planning to wrap chocolate chip cookies to be given to friends and relatives as Christmas gifts...think need to make 90 cookies cos planning to give them 3 cookies each :P

So going to be busy from tomorrow until Friday... :D

Wah, guess u r going to be very tired after that! My shoulders were aching by the time I finished mine. :P

Hi born & all at "The Baking Clubby"

For your info, my wifey has a e-bakery business, wished to contribute here but i am no good at baking recipie at all..... :P .....only can reno & decorate EM hse only lor...of cuz .... :notti: ....can eat only lor....!

check it out at the below web-site:

http://www.theovenbaker.com

Cheers!

Wah, the stuff looks great. :D U must be very xin fu to be able to enjoy such nice goodies. :D

angel:what's your royal icing recipe?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Icing/Detail.aspx

I used different extracts for different colours, instead of almond for all colours. Get those clear corn syrup if u intend to ice in white colour. I saved cost by using my leftover corn syrup fr making mooncakes, which was golden in colour, and the white icing turned light cream in colour.

There are many other icing recipes there. Choose the one u prefer. This one is my preferred one.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Icing/Detail.aspx

I used different extracts for different colours, instead of almond for all colours. Get those clear corn syrup if u intend to ice in white colour. I saved cost by using my leftover corn syrup fr making mooncakes, which was golden in colour, and the white icing turned light cream in colour.

There are many other icing recipes there. Choose the one u prefer. This one is my preferred one.

thanks angel!!! what about the cookies recipes? any preferred ones? also what's a corn syrup? easily found in NTUC?

Edited by preciousjam

Wah, guess u r going to be very tired after that! My shoulders were aching by the time I finished mine. :P

Yea I think so also...cos each time I put in the tray can only accomodate ard 9 cookies...so have to take the tray in and out ard 10 to 11 times...

But I assigned hubby to be the one who will wrap the cookies and attach the greeting card to the wrapper hehe...

Wah, the stuff looks great. :D U must be very xin fu to be able to enjoy such nice goodies. :D

so...if interested can make order hor....pong chang pong chan lah.....hahahahahha

Cheers!

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

thanks angel!!! what about the cookies recipes? any preferred ones? also what's a corn syrup? easily found in NTUC?

Erh, wat kind of cookies are u looking at? Sugar cookies, butter cookies or cookies with stuff like raisins/nuts/etc in it?

If it's sugar cookies to ice, can search in the website I gave u above. There's lots. Just pick the one u prefer. :) I used the one from Joy of Baking.

Just goggle "corn syrup" and u can read abt the different types of corn syrup. I usually get mine from Phoon Huat. Never tried to search for the clear corn syrup in ntuc b4. Can try those larger ntuc. May have.

Edited by Angel81

Yea I think so also...cos each time I put in the tray can only accomodate ard 9 cookies...so have to take the tray in and out ard 10 to 11 times...

But I assigned hubby to be the one who will wrap the cookies and attach the greeting card to the wrapper hehe...

Haha! Ur oven can take 2 trays? 2 trays will be good, just rotate the trays in the middle of the baking time. :P If u got 4 trays, even better. Take out trays, pop in the other trays on standby. :P That was wat I did. :P

so...if interested can make order hor....pong chang pong chan lah.....hahahahahha

Cheers!

Hehe, will try lar. But most prob I'll be trying my hand at making those goodies for the festive periods. :P Must maximize use of my kitchen leh. :P

Erh, wat kind of cookies are u looking at? Sugar cookies, butter cookies or cookies with stuff like raisins/nuts/etc in it?

If it's sugar cookies to ice, can search in the website I gave u above. There's lots. Just pick the one u prefer. :) I used the one from Joy of Baking.

Just goggle "corn syrup" and u can read abt the different types of corn syrup. I usually get mine from Phoon Huat. Never tried to search for the clear corn syrup in ntuc b4. Can try those larger ntuc. May have.

thinking of making butter cookies...normal kind lor and think most people will like it....