Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

haha.. its ugly compare to my mom cookies..

my frd was playing with the dough.. so all came out uneven size.. haha

yeah nice right the mango cakes.. doesnt look like doggy cakes

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No leh, it is an effort to make cookies, so don't say that. :) Actually hor, the mango part on the cake reminds me totally of durian flesh.

haha.. its ugly compare to my mom cookies..

my frd was playing with the dough.. so all came out uneven size.. haha

yeah nice right the mango cakes.. doesnt look like doggy cakes

arh durian flesh.... maybe i can KIV that cake

try it when im free.. but use durian..

my boys are mad about durian...

wonder will it be yucky,.. cheese + durian

Cheese and durian are thick flavours, so bearing that in mind.. you might want to reduce cheese by at least 10-20% in ratio to the amount of durian puree you're using for the cake. You should start experimenting with a small cake to see it goes & how much you want to reduce or increase

arh durian flesh.... maybe i can KIV that cake

try it when im free.. but use durian..

my boys are mad about durian...

wonder will it be yucky,.. cheese + durian

Edited by BunBun

arh noted... i will go look for recipe to see which type of cheese they use for dogs consumption.

By the way, u know how to make any durian desserts?

I've never made durian dessert before, let alone durian cakes. Can check out the recipe books.

arh noted... i will go look for recipe to see which type of cheese they use for dogs consumption.

By the way, u know how to make any durian desserts?

hmm..i want to try doing some cookies..but,i think its not easy to make it crunchy and not hard after baking... :(

Maybe i will try with easy one first like-Butter cookie :rolleyes:

Boss. so far a few cookies recipes l've tried quite crunchy.tommorow I find liao & post here...

The type of cookies you're aiming at, thin or slightly thick ones? It will depend on how crunchy you want it?

Actually I have a cookie recipe book with me, if I see something else that sounds good and turns out crunchy to eat, I post it here. I haven't done much baking lately -> work's a killer & then the things that need to be done will be taking a long while to follow up. :bleah:

hmm..i want to try doing some cookies..but,i think its not easy to make it crunchy and not hard after baking... :(

Maybe i will try with easy one first like-Butter cookie :rolleyes:

Edited by BunBun

Char

Wah~ Ur cookies look good loh. Can't believe it's for doggies. Lucky them. :) But then hor, they can eat peanut butter arh? I tot peanut butter should be quite high in salt, and dogs can't eat them?

Hehe, maybe can try to make those light japanese cheesecake in durian flavour. That way, the cheese won't be too overpowering. :P

u bake before and tried it?

Post picture of it to show me too...

Do u know how to make oak cookies?

U mean oatmeal cookies? I have a oatmeal raisins cookie recipe. Very good. Hb and his colleagues all sae taste like subway's oatmeal raisin cookie. U wan?

ok post here and show me.

U didnt post the pictures of your cookies that u had made?

By the way...i always come across...1 cup milk...2 cup flour...in a receipe

How much is 1 cup actually!?

:unsure:

Nah, mostly lazy to post watever I've baked. Cuz if I always upload pics of wat I bake, I'll need to do it every week leh, cuz I try to bake every weekend. :)

I'll post the recipe here first. Maybe go home and search for my pics.

1 cup of milk does not equal to 1 cup of flour in density, as their density is different. Even different types of flour may weigh different. Hehe, I've learnt that the easiest thing to do is to buy those measuring cups that will indicate the amount in cups. U know, the measuring spoons that will measure teaspoons and tablespoons? There are measuring cups that will measure in 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1 cup. :P So there's no need to convert into grams. :P

For conversion, take a look at this. There are many other such tables online. Just do a search for it.

Edited by Angel81

post picture of your measuring cup here can?where to buy it?Phoon Huat?!

Aiya!post picture la.let us drool! :P

Yah, think I bought it at Phoon Huat. But Tangs and those bigger supermarkets will have also. Aiyah, it looks just exactly like a bigger version of measuring spoons only loh. Normally the handle of each spoon will indicate how much it can fill (eg: 1/2 teaspoon, etc). This will indicate it's 1/2 cup or other sizes. :)

fo u know how to do Sushi and bake bread?

Sushi nope. Still more interested in baked goodies. Maybe next time then try bah. :P I just started on baking breads. This is one of it. :P

CopiedintoHardDisk.jpg

Thick Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Thickchewyoatmealraisincookie1-1.jpg

1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened

2/3 cup(133g) light brown sugar, packed

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 cups (130g) rolled oats

3/4 cup (114g) raisins

1/2 cup (61g) walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts, if using them.

At this point you can either chill the dough for a bit in the fridge and then scoop it, or scoop the cookies onto a sheet and then chill the whole tray before baking them. You could also bake them right away, if you’re impatient, but I do find that they end up slighly less thick. The trick to thick cookies is to chill them b4 baking.

The cookies should be two inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes (your baking time will vary, depending on your oven and how cold the cookies were going in), taking them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked-looking on top. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.

*Recipe and advices from Smitten Kitchen*

PS: I didn't add the walnuts in, and the recipe was great on it's own. :) Each of my cookies was about 3/4 tbs scoop, and it made a good size cookie.

Edited by Angel81

Char

Wah~ Ur cookies look good loh. Can't believe it's for doggies. Lucky them. :) But then hor, they can eat peanut butter arh? I tot peanut butter should be quite high in salt, and dogs can't eat them?

Hehe, maybe can try to make those light japanese cheesecake in durian flavour. That way, the cheese won't be too overpowering. :P

U mean oatmeal cookies? I have a oatmeal raisins cookie recipe. Very good. Hb and his colleagues all sae taste like subway's oatmeal raisin cookie. U wan?

the peanut is organic peanut butter.. they can eat de..

hehe, my mom make durian pan cake for my niece, left behind the durian flesh.. let me bring home feed the dogs!

Angel,

I like subway, white choco macadamia nuts...!!!

the peanut is organic peanut butter.. they can eat de..

hehe, my mom make durian pan cake for my niece, left behind the durian flesh.. let me bring home feed the dogs!

Angel,

I like subway, white choco macadamia nuts...!!!

Ooo icic, no wonder ur doggies can eat lar. :) Wah seh, ur dogs reali shiok leh, even got durian to eat.

I like the white choc macadamia nuts cookie too!