Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Thanks for your praising,i feels shy lei..haha..

I get most of the baking stuffs from Daiso.

Phoon huat is quite expensive right?

As for the colouring,vanilla essences etc i get it from JB!

Half Price at all time! :sport-smiley-004:

hi rondy

JB which shop did you go? Is it the one opposite sentosa, near the hotel?

have heard that their things there are cheaper, but they closed on sunday so yet to have a chance to visit, tried to search online also found nothing. What kind of things do they stock?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I want to learn to bake!!! Hopefully my new kitchen will be more user friendly for baking. Any tips in kitchen design that is good for baking??

not really good design for baking lah. But just make sure to have an oven, plus allow for a reasonable amount of work top space, otherwise quite difficult to work your batter/dough/pastry etc.

not really good design for baking lah. But just make sure to have an oven, plus allow for a reasonable amount of work top space, otherwise quite difficult to work your batter/dough/pastry etc.

:unsure: oh ok. Need how many power point near the working area? 2?

I would say at least 2, but more will be better. And this area is not the same area for appliances like rice cooker, kettle etc right? If so, better have more bc very troublesome to keep plugging and unplugging.

marshmallow

last night very funny - I couldn't sleep - kept thinking about baking etc, and then I remembered a very important tool - skewers - to test doneness of cake. Remember to buy this also ah

hahahaha froggy you're so cute!! :lol:

hmmm is skewer a must? :unsure:

I would say at least 2, but more will be better. And this area is not the same area for appliances like rice cooker, kettle etc right? If so, better have more bc very troublesome to keep plugging and unplugging.

i think i'm too kiasu... i have 7 power points along the worktop...... :P

Haha... The more the better?? Then I have to think where to put 2 more on top of 2 for rice cooker etc.

This totally new novice that never baked trying to make her kitchen suitable for baking. Haha.... Totally blur

hahahaha froggy you're so cute!! :lol:

hmmm is skewer a must? :unsure:

ya, just get those wooden skewers. can get a packet for less than $1

all in one row? wow! but good lah, more better than less, change and change really troublesome

Haha... The more the better?? Then I have to think where to put 2 more on top of 2 for rice cooker etc.

This totally new novice that never baked trying to make her kitchen suitable for baking. Haha.... Totally blur

why you put on top? why not side by side? in this case, yr appliances can spread out nicely, bc some appliances got quite short cable

why you put on top? why not side by side? in this case, yr appliances can spread out nicely, bc some appliances got quite short cable

hahahahaa.... what i meant is, i need to ask the electrician to wire up 2 more points, on top of the 2 existing ("on top" = extra). confusing english i am using.... its not "on top" as in top and bottom.

hahahahaa.... what i meant is, i need to ask the electrician to wire up 2 more points, on top of the 2 existing ("on top" = extra). confusing english i am using.... its not "on top" as in top and bottom.

oops .. blur me :o

it's that time of yr again ..

DSC01789.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

have always grated, but this time trying chopping. Hope it turns out good

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

after 2 hrs of stirring and cooking .. to continue tonight

Edited by froggy

hahaha me too! i have never baked before but very gian to learn~ and worst thing is my kitchen is already done up... haha can't rectify anything now :lol:

all in one row? wow! but good lah, more better than less, change and change really troublesome

hahaha no lah... 4 on one end (dry area), 3 on the other end (wet area)

i planned for so many points cos didn't wanna use extension cords ;) you see, microwave, water heater and rice cooker already take up 3 slots. dun forget occasionally still got things like toaster, slow cooker, blender.............

hahaha me too! i have never baked before but very gian to learn~ and worst thing is my kitchen is already done up... haha can't rectify anything now :lol:

hahaha no lah... 4 on one end (dry area), 3 on the other end (wet area)

i planned for so many points cos didn't wanna use extension cords ;) you see, microwave, water heater and rice cooker already take up 3 slots. dun forget occasionally still got things like toaster, slow cooker, blender.............

Ya loh, seem like so fun to bake cakes and cookies. I always go bread talk at Bishan and see them make all those very pretty cakes so also make me gian. Hehe....

I will have 2 for rice cooker and toaster on 1 wall. 4 for fridge, oven, and extra 2 spare on another wall then 2 more on my island for baking cake purpose. Wonder hdb will allow for so many or not.

Ya loh, seem like so fun to bake cakes and cookies. I always go bread talk at Bishan and see them make all those very pretty cakes so also make me gian. Hehe....

I will have 2 for rice cooker and toaster on 1 wall. 4 for fridge, oven, and extra 2 spare on another wall then 2 more on my island for baking cake purpose. Wonder hdb will allow for so many or not.

HDB don't count how many points you have one mah... :lol:

so good.... got island~ *envy*

i just counted again, actually i have 8 points along the worktop~ and 1 more near the kitchen entrance which is the vacuum point ;)