Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

I think I mentioned about the temperature somewhere in the forum before, so a recap here: every oven is built differently although the primary functions of an oven are mainly for baking, microwaving, grilling, roasting, etc.

The voltage is also different too, even the oven model may be the same but in overseas countries and here, the voltage differs - this I'm not sure how much it differs.

For temperature, even if you set the temperature to the one listed in recipes you have on hand.. again, the temperature also differs when you read it with a oven thermometer due to the make of the oven, the voltage and maybe climate - consider this: the electricity goes sky high when the hotter days comes round, no? So it is better to get to know your own oven instead and determine whether the temperature is higher or lower based on your bakes. A tested and tried approach is better than just reading from the article itself.

Hope this helps.

last nite, i tried making piped butter cookies based on the recipe Rondy posted earlier:

baking see mood too..thats why i cant open an cafe or pastry shop,what if my mood no good?then i gotta close shop,haha..

well,i tried one of the cookie and it turn out to be

EASY and Nice!

I intend to bake them and give to my relatives in the coming week nearer to CHinese New Year :P

I got it from this web site,u can do it too!!

Post it here to show us your creation after u bake okay?

http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/2008/0...er-cookies.html

found that one side of my oven is quite a bit hotter and the cookies on that side all turned out burned even i tried rotating the tray~ :~

BunBun, is it you that is using a Panassonic oven?

btw, Rondy, have you tried this piped butter cookie before? what is the size of the star nozzle u used? i already got the biggest open star nozzle i found in phoon huat (22 i think) but still looks much smaller than the one in that website~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, I'm using a Panasonic Oven. You using Panasonic?

last nite, i tried making piped butter cookies based on the recipe Rondy posted earlier:

found that one side of my oven is quite a bit hotter and the cookies on that side all turned out burned even i tried rotating the tray~ :~

BunBun, is it you that is using a Panassonic oven?

btw, Rondy, have you tried this piped butter cookie before? what is the size of the star nozzle u used? i already got the biggest open star nozzle i found in phoon huat (22 i think) but still looks much smaller than the one in that website~

My oven is the NN-C784MF, a conventional/grill microwave oven which looks like this oven 100% in this link except that model number slightly is different. I think the current one in the panasonic website is probably the 2nd version since the price is the same for it which I paid for my model 3 years ago.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/hom...ill/nnc784mfypq

yup yup... which one are you using? i'm using a 3-in-1 one (Steam + Microwave + Convection).
Edited by BunBun

oh yours is bigger than mine... mine is NN-GS597M, 25L with no turntable....

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/hom...eam/nngs597mypq

i supposed you can only bake one tray of cookie at one time? i find it a bit troublesome....

btw, i baked some cookies in the weekend and kept in box. next day all the cookies become very soft and soggy.... :bangwall: would re-heating them in oven helps? :(

My oven is the NN-C784MF, a conventional/grill microwave oven which looks like this oven 100% in this link except that model number slightly is different. I think the current one in the panasonic website is probably the 2nd version since the price is the same for it which I paid for my model 3 years ago.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/hom...ill/nnc784mfypq

Yes, one tray at a time but what to do. I think next time I get a built-in oven lo. ahaha

Actually, if you keep in a box, it will become soft and soggy dependin on the moisture of the cookies. Re-heating them will not help. After baking and cooling the cookies, you have to put them in an air-tight container as it will keep your cookies fresh longer.

oh yours is bigger than mine... mine is NN-GS597M, 25L with no turntable....

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/wps/portal/hom...eam/nngs597mypq

i supposed you can only bake one tray of cookie at one time? i find it a bit troublesome....

btw, i baked some cookies in the weekend and kept in box. next day all the cookies become very soft and soggy.... :bangwall: would re-heating them in oven helps? :(

Yes, one tray at a time but what to do. I think next time I get a built-in oven lo. ahaha

Actually, if you keep in a box, it will become soft and soggy dependin on the moisture of the cookies. Re-heating them will not help. After baking and cooling the cookies, you have to put them in an air-tight container as it will keep your cookies fresh longer.

sigh, cos didn't have the container and thought my food container will do the job... sigh :( dun have much moisture in the recipe cos no eggs... maybe the only moisture is the vanilla essence LOL :lol:

those containers for new yr goodies can use? got a few of them right now.....

Yes can use. :)

sigh, cos didn't have the container and thought my food container will do the job... sigh :( dun have much moisture in the recipe cos no eggs... maybe the only moisture is the vanilla essence LOL :lol:

those containers for new yr goodies can use? got a few of them right now.....

Yes can use. :)

good... then i can recycle the containers~ :)

How did ur cookies goes!?

I was using the small one..i bot from daiso,and its quite difficult to use.

For small quantity is ok,after awhile u feels ur hand pain squeezing it out! :bangwall:

Then i decided to add more flour and remake the dough,using the print method! :rolleyes:

Will show u the end result tonight,haha.

oh... haha i see... i have very little dough only so not really tired, in fact quite fun :P but the dough squeeze out from the nozzle is so small as compared to the one from the baking blog... have to squeeze many rounds before i can get a cookie of decent size~ not so nice looking lorz. let me upload the pictures when i go home...

for the cookies, it tasted okie but look wise is not really presentable :lol: it's really good to have a hubby who still says everything taste good though it looks terrible... hahahahaha :wub:

btw, you bought any piping bags? seems quite ex leh.... i just used ziplock bag this time (cost-saving method taught by the CC baking instructor :P)

looking forward to seeing your yummy cookies heehee~ :dribble:

Edited by marshmallow

As promised,this is my end result of the pressed cookies..

sorry i didnt take my pipe cookie which is also nice,but i lazy to sequeeze them,

eventually it become pressed cookies,haha. :P

cokkie2.jpg

2 favour,chocolate and Vanilla

looks great! :dribble: did you use the recipe in that blog? or it's a different recipe?

just btw, i remember you have a doraemon cookie cutter...? where did you get it from? :P

yup,its the recipe from the blog,just that i add a bit more flour to make the dough a bit more "dry"

so that it can be easily pressed thats all.

No i don have doreamon cookie cutter lei,U mean this one?

SAM_0323.jpg

ya i mean this one... and that's your green tiles? LOL :lol:

btw, how to add the chocolate into the dough? hubby likes chocolate... haha

this one i buy from Taiwan 7-11 one lah,my favourite,everytime i go taiwan sure buy!

Remember to buy and try,u sure like it!Very soft with a milky taste! :good:

As for the chocolate cookie,i just add choco powder+chocolate flakes!

:) Very sinful but tate good

Hiyah i thought you made them... hahaha... so adorable can't bear to eat them... and the Doraemon is so 3-D! :lol: would be really impressed if it's home-made

Did you see this in HK's 7-11 too?? :P going back next week....

yup,its the recipe from the blog,just that i add a bit more flour to make the dough a bit more "dry"

so that it can be easily pressed thats all.

No i don have doreamon cookie cutter lei,U mean this one?

SAM_0323.jpg

:dribble: Doreamon Kueh bulu!!! wow

Edited by Heronspring

No..Hkg don have ,..only have Doriyaki!

U donno how to eat it ah?want me to teach u? :P

aiyo... Dorayaki everywhere also have la!

you start with the head first...? :o NOoOooo..... :~

clever!Yummy :good:

ahhhhh... this scene must be censored... not suitable for young kids hahahahaha :lol:

was hoping to make some cookies and bring home for my parents... but not sure if i have the time or not :(

i was looking at mixers the other day. there are some really ex ones (> $1k) and some really cheap ones with plastic bowl - cheapest i saw only $39 with the usual stuff all included. does it really matter to buy a very very good one? :dunno: