110g Horlick - Original Flavour

280g Top Flour/Cake Flour

35g Milk Powder

35g Corn Flour

100g Chocolate chips

Chocolate Rice

KoKo Crunch

Directions:

- (Preheat over at 140°C, line baking tray with baking paper)

- Sieve together Top/Cake & Corn flour, Milk powder. Set aside.

- Cream butter & Horlick together for about 3min. Do not overbeat.

- Pour in Flour mixture, beat for about 1 min to form dough.

- Divide dough into 10g each, put in 3 choco chips & roll into ball.

- Koko Crunch to form ears, Choco Rice for eyes & Choco Chip for nose.

- Bake at 140°C for 25mins. Leave to cool on rack before storing in airtight container.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi beloved bakers,

i enjoyed reading this thread.

Greatly appreiated if someone can enlighten me. i like to check where can i buy Kueh Bahlu mould in Singapore?

Thanks

there is electronic one selling most of the electronic shop like harvey norman,Best,etc!

oops i have to google to find out what Kueh Bahlu is... sorry for being "mountain turtle" :lol:

n724660480_6502305_5860729.jpg

my 1st post in RT. :P

Things you'll need:

250g Butter, soften

35g Milk Powder

35g Corn Flour

100g Chocolate chips

Chocolate Rice

KoKo Crunch

Directions:

- Bake at 140°C for 25mins. Leave to cool on rack before storing in airtight container.

So cute~ :wub:

n724660480_6502305_5860729.jpg

my 1st post in RT. :P

Things you'll need:

250g Butter, soften

35g Milk Powder

35g Corn Flour

100g Chocolate chips

Chocolate Rice

KoKo Crunch

Directions:

Sooo Cute !!! :dribble:

Wah still alive de. Haven't been in here since my last post.

Rondy : Yum your xmas cakes.

Froggy : Pei fu Pei fu, make pineapple filling from scratch, very tiring and tedious to make.

gfac : That's thoughtful of you. Marshmallow's list of things to get is about there. I would also recommend that you get some easy baking recipe books for your fiancee before she goes on to the advanced level.

shumin : Lovely cookies, I made these before. But alot hard work moulding and putting in koko crunch bits.

There's a Baking supplies shop in JB I always go to, but its not at sentosa - don't see any in sentosa since I go into JB frequently.

Daiso has cheap baking stuff but their paper boxes for cakes are kind of flimsy, I bought a couple of them before and find not so good. However if you going to IMM, you might want to check out another baking supplies shop at the warehous level, its much more cheaper . ^_^

Phoon Huat is not the only baking supplies shop, you can also check out Sun Lik near Bras Besah complex or Ailin at Tanjong Katong Complex or KCT located near aljunied mrt. For west side (Jurong), there's Lee Bee Enterprises.

Edited by BunBun

4) Another spreading question: how to spread the cream cheese nicely over the crust? - experts, please help again~! :lol:

How did you spread the crust on your pan? It's very simple, use the back of the spoon to smoothen the crust slowly and evenly the way you spread kaya on bread but dun press the back of the spoon into the base as if denting the base. The biscuit base will be hard after baking if you press the back of the spoon into the crust that way.

5) i think i need a proper mixing bowl - as you can see, i m using a rice-cooker pot for mixing... good thing is it has non-stick coating hahaha :lol:

6) breaking the digestive biscuit into small fine grains took me a really LONG time... i think next time, i should throw all biscuits into a ziplock bag, hammer them into small bits and then pour out :lol: or is there any proper method to break the biscuits? again, experts please help !!

For ziplock method, I used this method previously and put the bag into the pestle mortar bowl and pound till fine. The fastest and easiest method is to get either a food processor or blender to process the biscuits evenly. I recently bought my blender so I can use this to process the biscuits for cheesecakes - it's one of my better recipes

okie that's all for now :P

Daiso has cheap baking stuff but their paper boxes for cakes are kind of flimsy, I bought a couple of them before and find not so good. However if you going to IMM, you might want to check out another baking supplies shop at the warehous level, its much more cheaper . ^_^

Phoon Huat is not the only baking supplies shop, you can also check out Sun Lik near Bras Besah complex or Ailin at Tanjong Katong Complex or KCT located near aljunied mrt. For west side (Jurong), there's Lee Bee Enterprises.

Bun Bun, thanks for your info~! may i know what's the name of the baking supplies shop at IMM? It would be much more convenient for me than to go to Clementi... :)

How did you spread the crust on your pan? It's very simple, use the back of the spoon to smoothen the crust slowly and evenly the way you spread kaya on bread but dun press the back of the spoon into the base as if denting the base. The biscuit base will be hard after baking if you press the back of the spoon into the crust that way.

Thanks for the tips~ :)

for the crust, i used the spatula then press with back of a spoon... then for the cheese i used spatula only. hmmm i suspect the crust already got problem, some parts too thick and some part too thin, which leads to more uneveness when spreading the cheese... taste was also affected becos of the thickness difference... :wacko: need more practice leh! :sport-smiley-003:

For ziplock method, I used this method previously and put the bag into the pestle mortar bowl and pound till fine. The fastest and easiest method is to get either a food processor or blender to process the biscuits evenly. I recently bought my blender so I can use this to process the biscuits for cheesecakes - it's one of my better recipes

oh~ i was worried that blender might be too aggressive for the biscuit so didn't dare to use hahahaha... shall try blender next time... sounds less tiring than pounding LOL :yeah:

Edited by marshmallow

Marshmallow,

You're welcome! The shop is called Star Net Marketing Pte Ltd, located on the 4th floor at the warehouse section. You can buy alot of things in bulk cheaper than Daiso.

Take the lift from lobby A (near the MacDonalds) to level 4

Walk left towards the Staff cafeteria

Turn right and right once more towards a long corridor and you will reach there.

However, if you want to get items, better buy before february arrives cos they going to stop serving cash and carry customers.

For blender, I suggest you don't set the blender on at full speed. Maybe at a slow-medium speed.

Bun Bun, thanks for your info~! may i know what's the name of the baking supplies shop at IMM? It would be much more convenient for me than to go to Clementi... :)

Thanks for the tips~ :)

for the crust, i used the spatula then press with back of a spoon... then for the cheese i used spatula only. hmmm i suspect the crust already got problem, some parts too thick and some part too thin, which leads to more uneveness when spreading the cheese... taste was also affected becos of the thickness difference... :wacko: need more practice leh! :sport-smiley-003:

oh~ i was worried that blender might be too aggressive for the biscuit so didn't dare to use hahahaha... shall try blender next time... sounds less tiring than pounding LOL :yeah:

Marshmallow,

You're welcome! The shop is called Star Net Marketing Pte Ltd, located on the 4th floor at the warehouse section. You can buy alot of things in bulk cheaper than Daiso.

Take the lift from lobby A (near the MacDonalds) to level 4

Walk left towards the Staff cafeteria

Turn right and right once more towards a long corridor and you will reach there.

However, if you want to get items, better buy before february arrives cos they going to stop serving cash and carry customers.

For blender, I suggest you don't set the blender on at full speed. Maybe at a slow-medium speed.

thanks for the heads-up! :) so only 2 more weeks to go... haha

Thanks Rondy. How about those for oven usage?

just btw, i chanced upon this from the website provided by Rondy: http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/search...20All%20Recipes

the kueh baulu mould can be found in baking ingredient stores like Gim Hin Lee and Sun Lik :)

Yes 2 more weeks for cash & carry customers. However, I read from Star Net's website, they going to introduce a new kind of payment system which is yet to be announced after february.

Their 8”x8”x5” cake box which is usually at $0.48 will be now $0.27, about 43% discount, quite cheap leh, but not sure if I'm going to buy any yet as I've been busy to bake - So many projects to do this year.

PS: You're staying at JE, nearest to Lakeside? Either way you can go IMM or Lee Bee Enterprises (Lee Bee enterprises is at JW St 52.)

thanks for the heads-up! :) so only 2 more weeks to go... haha

just btw, i chanced upon this from the website provided by Rondy: http://pineapple-tarts.blogspot.com/search...20All%20Recipes

the kueh baulu mould can be found in baking ingredient stores like Gim Hin Lee and Sun Lik :)

Edited by BunBun

Yes 2 more weeks for cash & carry customers. However, I read from Star Net's website, they going to introduce a new kind of payment system which is yet to be announced after february.

Their 8”x8”x5” cake box which is usually at $0.48 will be now $0.27, about 43% discount, quite cheap leh, but not sure if I'm going to buy any yet as I've been busy to bake - So many projects to do this year.

PS: You're staying at JE, nearest to Lakeside? Either way you can go IMM or Lee Bee Enterprises (Lee Bee enterprises is at JW St 52.)

i'm near Chinese Garden, so IMM will be nearer, plus sometimes i go Giant for grocery shopping :)

but like you said le, at least i can still go to Lee Bee in future, though i have to especially take a bus to go... can have excuse to go to the hawker centre there :P

Same for me haha

i'm near Chinese Garden, so IMM will be nearer, plus sometimes i go Giant for grocery shopping :)

but like you said le, at least i can still go to Lee Bee in future, though i have to especially take a bus to go... can have excuse to go to the hawker centre there :P

Better to bake for family only. :P

Last night,i tried to bake some cookies for CNY,baked around 600 pieces!

Really tired!!!No joke man! :bangwall:

Swear never mass production again :P

We are not robat,haha :D

Same for me haha

Better to bake for family only. :P

BunBun you stay around the same area too? hee hee one more Jurong kaki~ :)

Last night,i tried to bake some cookies for CNY,baked around 600 pieces!

Really tired!!!No joke man! :bangwall:

Swear never mass production again :P

We are not robat,haha :D

600!! are you trying to sell them?? :o

last nite i tried to make pineapple jam for pineapple tarts! 1st attempt! but no so well done... :(

at first, hubby said not sweet enough.

after adding sugar, hubby said too sweet.......... :bangwall:

not sure if it will feel less sweet after chilling?

How big is your family? :P

Bun Bun,,its ONLY for family,but then i have a BIG FAMILY!!! :bangwall:

I'm at Jurong West side

BunBun you stay around the same area too? hee hee one more Jurong kaki~ :)

600!! are you trying to sell them?? :o

last nite i tried to make pineapple jam for pineapple tarts! 1st attempt! but no so well done... :(

at first, hubby said not sweet enough.

after adding sugar, hubby said too sweet.......... :bangwall:

not sure if it will feel less sweet after chilling?

I think I mentioned about the temperature somewhere in the forum before, so a recap here: every oven is built differently although the primary functions of an oven are mainly for baking, microwaving, grilling, roasting, etc.

The voltage is also different too, even the oven model may be the same but in overseas countries and here, the voltage differs - this I'm not sure how much it differs.

For temperature, even if you set the temperature to the one listed in recipes you have on hand.. again, the temperature also differs when you read it with a oven thermometer due to the make of the oven, the voltage and maybe climate - consider this: the electricity goes sky high when the hotter days comes round, no? So it is better to get to know your own oven instead and determine whether the temperature is higher or lower based on your bakes. A tested and tried approach is better than just reading from the article itself.

Hope this helps.

hi~

hubby sent me this article which i thought is very informative:

http://www.theatlantic.com/food/archive/20...erature/69555/#

hope this sharing can benefit all the baking beginners like me :lol: