Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Silent reader in this thread and totally awed by all the baking techniques! =)

I am on the way of "budget review" with hubby. Which would be a good conventional oven to start off with?

Can i comments?

U made your own dumpling skins?try to roll more and when it gets thinner it's much nicer!

Another thing is,the more plead u did on the dumpling,it would look much nicer!

But so far,it looks good! :good:

hahaha of course can comment... :) the skin is bought one la... that time i made dumplings cos wanna get rid of all the "leftovers" in fridge :P can you teach me how to make the skin? maybe i can try when i have time ;)

my attitude is the "can eat okie liao" type, so long as the filling doesn't come out, it's okie :lol: very lazy to do so many pleads leh... normally how many pleads you do per dumpling?

erm actually i like thick skin one.... cos i like the skin... sometimes i just eat the skin alone hahahaha :lol: sounds stupid rite....

Edited by marshmallow

hahaha of course can comment... :) the skin is bought one la... that time i made dumplings cos wanna get rid of all the "leftovers" in fridge :P can you teach me how to make the skin? maybe i can try when i have time ;)

my attitude is the "can eat okie liao" type, so long as the filling doesn't come out, it's okie :lol: very lazy to do so many pleads leh... normally how many pleads you do per dumpling?

erm actually i like thick skin one.... cos i like the skin... sometimes i just eat the skin alone hahahaha :lol: sounds stupid rite....

WHere to buy the skin? supermarkets usually sell wanton skin not jiao zi skin :(

WHere to buy the skin? supermarkets usually sell wanton skin not jiao zi skin :(

supermarket got jiao zi skin de... it's somewhere near the wanton skin. just have to look more closely cos the package so small not easy to find :lol: so far have seen in both Sheng Siong and NTUC ;)

I only know how to make dumplings for frying, not for soup 'cos the skin will break if stuff too much filling or the dumpling not too nice in the soup.

So must learn from rondy, give tips leh.

I made a chilled lychee cheesecake yesterday as my dad's birthday is coming soon but I will be busy on his birthday - so celebrate in advance. Will review it later with photos if it looks good after being out from the pan. (The last time i made a chilled one, it went all soft.. so never made any chilled cheesecake except baked ones. Hope this 2nd attempt fares better.

I only know how to make dumplings for frying, not for soup 'cos the skin will break if stuff too much filling or the dumpling not too nice in the soup.

So must learn from rondy, give tips leh.

I made a chilled lychee cheesecake yesterday as my dad's birthday is coming soon but I will be busy on his birthday - so celebrate in advance. Will review it later with photos if it looks good after being out from the pan. (The last time i made a chilled one, it went all soft.. so never made any chilled cheesecake except baked ones. Hope this 2nd attempt fares better.

the key is... cannot be too greedy... dun put too much filling :P

ya lor, Rondy gor gor must contribute and give us some tips.... ;)

Chilled lychee cheesecake sounds really yummy~ :dribble: my hubby's birthday is next month and hope to make him a bday cake... but dunno if my "gong fu" will be good enough or not~ :lol:

Marshmallow: I simplify it then.

Dough hook Beater used to mix and knead dough.

Wire Whip Beater used to mix, emulsify or beat many different ingredients or to incorporate air into a mixture.

Spiral beater Beater used primarily to mix and knead light dough.

Four blade beater All-purpose beater used to mix, beat or whisk various ingredients

Four Blade & Wire Whip Beaters usually for creaming sugar, butter, whisking eggs and flour mixtures for cakes, cookies, cupcakes.

Dough Beaters (Eg; Dough Hook & Spiral Beaters) for Kneading dough for bread, buns, croissants etc.

Certain cake types do not need electric mixers as it involves manual whisking to incorporate air into the mixture.

So if your electric hand held mixer came with the dough beaters, eg the dough hook and spiral beaters in addition to the 4-Blade beaters, then you can use the dough beaters in your hand held mixer to use on dough. Find a suitable stand mixer that suits your purpose, budget. You can always upgrade to a better one next time in future if you want. ;)

BunBun, I have to read this over a few times to understand... just wanna say... Thanks so much for patiently explaining all these to noobs like me :)

the hand blender that my hubby has is this:

ph-multiquick-advantage-mr4050-hc.jpg

he got it as some free gift and he lost all the other attachments except the whisker................ :bangwall:

i guess this can only be used for beating eggs....? :(

Marshmallow: No prob - paiseh cos im not good at explaining properly in words here. Just had the lychee cheesecake but I think the lychee jelly can be omitted - too messy and wobbly when the cheesecake was cut. Later I post a pic of a lychee cheesecake slice with the jelly bits dropping and you see for yourself.

The lychee cheesecake is a little soft but can still stand when cut, needs to be chilled further - maybe its the whipping cream type I used since it's non dairy whipping cream I substituted for the UHT whipping cream.

Yes that one can be used for beating eggs, creaming sugar and butter together and beating the cake mixture. It's good enough if you use that for making cakes. But for dough, you need to get dough beaters. Don't think Braun has dough beaters for this model too.

BunBun, I have to read this over a few times to understand... just wanna say... Thanks so much for patiently explaining all these to noobs like me :)

the hand blender that my hubby has is this:

ph-multiquick-advantage-mr4050-hc.jpg

he got it as some free gift and he lost all the other attachments except the whisker................ :bangwall:

i guess this can only be used for beating eggs....? :(

Marshmallow: No prob - paiseh cos im not good at explaining properly in words here. Just had the lychee cheesecake but I think the lychee jelly can be omitted - too messy and wobbly when the cheesecake was cut. Later I post a pic of a lychee cheesecake slice with the jelly bits dropping and you see for yourself.

The lychee cheesecake is a little soft but can still stand when cut, needs to be chilled further - maybe its the whipping cream type I used since it's non dairy whipping cream I substituted for the UHT whipping cream.

Yes that one can be used for beating eggs, creaming sugar and butter together and beating the cake mixture. It's good enough if you use that for making cakes. But for dough, you need to get dough beaters. Don't think Braun has dough beaters for this model too.

no la your explanation is very detailed.. just that baking is like a whole new science and i need time to digest all the information.... hahaha :lol:

your cheese cake sounds like a healthier version one :) actually this is one of the reasons i wanna learn baking also - probably home made ones can be healthier becos you have full control over the ingredients used? :P

haha too bad this Braun blender cannot be used - one more reasons for me to put up "budget request" :notti:

Yep you can control the amount of ingredients or even substitute with another healthy version as long as it works in the making of the product in the end. hee

Ask your hubby to buy you this as an early bday gift lo. ;)

no la your explanation is very detailed.. just that baking is like a whole new science and i need time to digest all the information.... hahaha :lol:

your cheese cake sounds like a healthier version one :) actually this is one of the reasons i wanna learn baking also - probably home made ones can be healthier becos you have full control over the ingredients used? :P

haha too bad this Braun blender cannot be used - one more reasons for me to put up "budget request" :notti:

Yep you can control the amount of ingredients or even substitute with another healthy version as long as it works in the making of the product in the end. hee

Ask your hubby to buy you this as an early bday gift lo. ;)

hahaha... i should tell him that i want to bake cake for his bday, so he needs to buy me mixer first.... muahahaha :lol:

Yes!Very stupid lor.whoahahaha :rofl:

Skin very easy one,u go and try...

Just add water into "Normal flour"(Multi-purpose flour)

Thats all! :)

Knead then roll into small ball like tung yuan...

then flatten it and use a rolling pin and roll and roll untill prefered thickness,thats all!

very easy and fun to do,go try it!

:D

Next time u can roll big pieces and pinch it in boiling water...it become bee hoon kueh..since u like to eat the skin..

put in meat ball ,fish ball veges and ikan bilis stocks,its a nice meal liao...

All home made! :good:

hahaha sounds good... then i can use up the flour faster hahaha~ don't like to keep too many opened packages of foodstuff at home~ ;)

i'm like that since young one leh... eat "ha gao" (the dim sum prawn dumpling), i will eat the prawn first then slowly savour the skin. eat char siew bun, i will eat the bun and gave all the char siew to my brother.... hahahahaha :rofl: