Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
born_again

The Baking Clubby

remember to post hor,better still if u give me one small packet.... :P

hahahaha if they come up still in doraemon shape i reserve some for you :P

i should be safe with most of the normal butter cookie recipe? dun wanna see a deformed doraemon and dorami :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hahahaha if they come up still in doraemon shape i reserve some for you :P

i should be safe with most of the normal butter cookie recipe? dun wanna see a deformed doraemon and dorami :(

hi marsh

i also wan!

ya, can use normal butter cookie, as long as don't puff up too much can liao.

can try this:

200g butter

110g icing

pinch of salt

1egg

300g flour

1/2 tsp baking p

cream butter/sugar/salt

add egg, cream till smooth

add flour/bake p till well blended

wrap dough in cling film, fridge for about 1/2 hour

roll thinly, cut, bake 170 till golden brown, about 20min depending on thickness n size

so cute!!! how you find that? Cute!!!

thanks, may

just need to bake the cup cakes, then roll fondant thin, use ring cutter for the face, then cut hairstyle as desired.

very happy bc all the cuppies were snapped up in a jiffy!

hi marsh

i also wan!

ya, can use normal butter cookie, as long as don't puff up too much can liao.

can try this:

200g butter

110g icing

pinch of salt

1egg

300g flour

1/2 tsp baking p

cream butter/sugar/salt

add egg, cream till smooth

add flour/bake p till well blended

wrap dough in cling film, fridge for about 1/2 hour

roll thinly, cut, bake 170 till golden brown, about 20min depending on thickness n size

thanks froggy :) btw, is a recipe with baking powder good for embossed cookie cutters with intricate design?

and also... how you all manage the inventory of so many different kinds of sugar and flour at home... now i only have all purpose flour and 2 types of sugar, i already wonder how to finish all of them... and looks like i still need to buy icing sugar for most of the cookie recipes............ :bangwall:

okie some progress report... finally tried my Doraemon cookie cutter with a simple butter cookie recipe. sorry froggy, didn't use the one you supplied cos haven't gotten baking powder yet :lol:

pics to be up later... forgot to upload them~ :bangwall:

verdict on first batch of cookie : smells good in oven, but taste wise, not great at all... pretty bland~ :(

i still have half the dough left in fridge, is there anyway to savage it (make it taste better)? :help:

original recipe is really simple:

310g flour

225g butter

100g sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

okie some progress report... finally tried my Doraemon cookie cutter with a simple butter cookie recipe. sorry froggy, didn't use the one you supplied cos haven't gotten baking powder yet :lol:

pics to be up later... forgot to upload them~ :bangwall:

verdict on first batch of cookie : smells good in oven, but taste wise, not great at all... pretty bland~ :(

i still have half the dough left in fridge, is there anyway to savage it (make it taste better)? :help:

original recipe is really simple:

310g flour

225g butter

100g sugar

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

wow wow show picture of doremon lei!

anyway, I think no prob omitting the bake powder. Once I forgot to add to cake, end product is just flatter, no difference in taste

as for yr second question, that's a tough one. Dunno how to salvage the formed dough, sorry. Why not just cut simple cookie rounds, then add icing to enhance taste?

hahahaha dunno why i found this very funny~ sounds more like hairdresser than baker hahahahaha :lol:

actually it is so true - when u play w fondant, you are essentially a hairdresser, seamstress, artist, ... everything :D

thanks froggy :) btw, is a recipe with baking powder good for embossed cookie cutters with intricate design?

and also... how you all manage the inventory of so many different kinds of sugar and flour at home... now i only have all purpose flour and 2 types of sugar, i already wonder how to finish all of them... and looks like i still need to buy icing sugar for most of the cookie recipes............ :bangwall:

haha, I got a cupboard specially for all baking ingredients ... bake more often lor, then you can finish them quickly - only to find yourself buying yet a new packet again .. ;) but actually if you get the smaller packets, shouldnt be too bad right?

wow wow show picture of doremon lei!

anyway, I think no prob omitting the bake powder. Once I forgot to add to cake, end product is just flatter, no difference in taste

as for yr second question, that's a tough one. Dunno how to salvage the formed dough, sorry. Why not just cut simple cookie rounds, then add icing to enhance taste?

okie okie i'll upload later when my boss is away for meeting.... *Shhhhhh....* :P

btw, i tasted a few in my first batch, and i think i know why liao... seems like some have been over-baked so it doesn't taste so good (notably, some doraemons at one side of the baking tray has "darker complexion" than the rest :lol:). Those with "fairer" skin actually tasted quite okie ;)

so in the end, i baked the 2nd batch without changing anything to the dough, but pay close attention to baking time and rotated the tray more often. Though some incident occurred.... shall talk about it later :P

haha, I got a cupboard specially for all baking ingredients ... bake more often lor, then you can finish them quickly - only to find yourself buying yet a new packet again .. ;) but actually if you get the smaller packets, shouldnt be too bad right?

the smallest packet i can find in NTUC is 1kg leh~ :o we only bake for 2 pple so we use quite little niah...

and another thing is, i need to find a good sealed containers for all the sugars else the army of ants will start coming :bangwall:

i'm thinking if it's okie to replace granulated sugar (normal ones) with icing/confectionery sugar? if can, i can eliminate one type of sugar at least. i only know the other way round cannot (i.e. use normal sugar instead of icing sugar).

froggy,

the cupcakes u made, so cute!

your daughter must be feeling so proud coz her friends sure come to her and say your mom make such nice cupcakes wor.

AHHHH..

Inspired by the cakes and cookies here, the baking noob has decided to launch a butter cookie attack.

But while my cookie is spinning in the micorwave cum conventional oven, I am not sure if my cookie sheet is microwave safe.

Anyone knows if we can put thatinto such a monster?

AHHHH..

Inspired by the cakes and cookies here, the baking noob has decided to launch a butter cookie attack.

But while my cookie is spinning in the micorwave cum conventional oven, I am not sure if my cookie sheet is microwave safe.

Anyone knows if we can put thatinto such a monster?

if you are using the conventional oven function, microwave is not on, unless you choose combination.

since microwave is not on, then it will just act like a normal oven and your cookie sheet can be used.

hope it helps :)