Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Our Very First Home @ Amk

yah... costs $400 more than for the laminate....

hmm... think i will just go ahead with laminate... anyway already signed the contract and might not be able to reduce the costs....

Initially i also want homo tiles for rooms to save costs, luckily my wife insisted on having laminate/parquet. Choosed parquet in the end, no regrets. Only maintenance-wise lor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Initially i also want homo tiles for rooms to save costs, luckily my wife insisted on having laminate/parquet. Choosed parquet in the end, no regrets. Only maintenance-wise lor.

wah... rich leh.... parquet... heard it costs twice the price of laminates and need to polish every few yrs..... :D

wah... rich leh.... parquet... heard it costs twice the price of laminates and need to polish every few yrs..... :D

No lah, cut expenses from somewhere else in house. :(

I din really do up my house nicely unlike yours, based on the drawings... I think your home will be WOW when it is done!

No lah, cut expenses from somewhere else in house. :(

I din really do up my house nicely unlike yours, based on the drawings... I think your home will be WOW when it is done!

ur house reno completed liao rite? upload some pics to share leh :D

ur house reno completed liao rite? upload some pics to share leh :D

Completed long ago, I moved in Sep. Will try to upload....

Did you go toh wedding?

Completed long ago, I moved in Sep. Will try to upload....

Did you go toh wedding?

no... he nv invite me.... i think he afraid "clash".....

2 weeks into the renovation, the tiling works progressing at the slow and steady pace...

so far the 2 toilets are almost 90% complete... and really love the outcome of the mosiac pattern that mike recommended... will post some pictures when its all done....

kitchen wall tiles around 50% done

living room around 50% done

quite satisfied with the worksmanship so far and the contractors are working even on sundays.... veri hardworking :)

Internal partition for MBR wardrobe..... not sure whether the railings enough for our clothes..... overall wardrobe lenght is 10 feet....

changed the TV console to a slide out one to save space :)

4194827384_ef1deb6085_b.jpg

Internal partition for common bedroom wardrobe

4194072067_584394879a_b.jpg

Edited by garion

Internal partition for MBR wardrobe..... not sure whether the railings enough for our clothes..... overall wardrobe lenght is 10 feet....

changed the TV console to a slide out one to save space :)

Internal partition for common bedroom wardrobe

Personally think that too much drawers and shelving already and railing most probably not enough.... some suggestions

MBR: can consider remove the 3 drawers in the centre part and have more drawers below the TV console? Why need so many shelvings near console? you intend to put games console other than TV/DVD player?

Common: reduce the length of the 3 long drawers to same length as the shelves on top. Then you can another railing in middle. I think you should have enough drawers 5 x short drawers to put your stuffs.

But note any storage extra is good as you never know when you need it... :D