Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wind78

Condemned Singles

For singles, we are only allow to purchase flat if:

a. You get married. Duh, then why the **** do i want to be single rite? :furious:

b. You purchase with ur parents :help:

c. When you hit 35 which is always so far away..... :bangwall:

I just dun understand something.

If an average single can only purchase a resale flat with his/her single pay check, how can they ever afford a 4 and above rooms flat by themselves as compared to married ppl who has combined salaries?

Why must we condemned to just 3 rooms flat?

Why are the HDB flats made so unaffordable to the general public these days when the prices are in 100s of thousands of $ ???

I worked for the government yet I felt single ppl like me are treated like dirt, oddballs or weridos geeeez? We don't get the same perks and treatment as compared to the married? How come har?

Are the taxes I paid all these years different from those paid by the married?

Can someone please advice this troubled Single individual.

Si beh sian!!!!

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

And there is more .... cannot take HDB loan if your salary is over $3000 ... nor HDB grant. Seriously, anyone whose income is lower than $3000 can't even get credit card.

For singles, we are only allow to purchase flat if:

a. You get married. Duh, then why the **** do i want to be single rite? :furious:

b. You purchase with ur parents :help:

c. When you hit 35 which is always so far away..... :bangwall:

I just dun understand something.

If an average single can only purchase a resale flat with his/her single pay check, how can they ever afford a 4 and above rooms flat by themselves as compared to married ppl who has combined salaries?

Why are the HDB flats made so unaffordable to the general public these days when the prices are in 100s of thousands of $ ???

I worked for the government yet I felt single ppl like me are treated like dirt, oddballs or weridos geeeez? We don't get the same perks and treatment as compared to the married? How come har?

Are the taxes I paid all these years different from those paid by the married?

Can someone please advice this troubled Single individual.

Si beh sian!!!!

Thanks

some singles can earn more than 5k a month which is easily the combined income of 2 people?!

HDB already released that their pricing is according to market demand and not just a normal mark up from cost of construction.... (read that in renotalk)

married people are given 'priority' to units because they need a private place to produce the next pillar in the government mah...

35 is also a good age to avoid singles buying for just trading... besides, singaporeans do not have the bird leaving nest pattern like in US, so most people will stay with parents if they are singles (usually), due to the lack of land, and the need for babies, more priorities are given to married lor

some singles can earn more than 5k a month which is easily the combined income of 2 people?!

HDB already released that their pricing is according to market demand and not just a normal mark up from cost of construction.... (read that in renotalk)

married people are given 'priority' to units because they need a private place to produce the next pillar in the government mah...

35 is also a good age to avoid singles buying for just trading... besides, singaporeans do not have the bird leaving nest pattern like in US, so most people will stay with parents if they are singles (usually), due to the lack of land, and the need for babies, more priorities are given to married lor

Wah lau...

Meaning we have to suffer in silence? Sianz man... zz

We have already given up the fact tat we can never live in new flat.... but at least they should give us single ppl our space and dignity. :curse:

Seriously loh, compared to those married ppl, single are so much more productive at work and we bring so much more economic benefits. ;)

Till this day, I still don't see any of the zheng hu lang stand up and fight for single ppl. All pro family... geeez...

SAD loh. :furious:

Rich singles are rare lah, at least i know i'm not. But with the ever increasing cost of living and housing wat's 5k these days can get u? :dunno:

Wah lau...

Meaning we have to suffer in silence? Sianz man... zz

We have already given up the fact tat we can never live in new flat.... but at least they should give us single ppl our space and dignity. :curse:

Seriously loh, compared to those married ppl, single are so much more productive at work and we bring so much more economic benefits. ;)

Till this day, I still don't see any of the zheng hu lang stand up and fight for single ppl. All pro family... geeez...

SAD loh. :furious:

Rich singles are rare lah, at least i know i'm not. But with the ever increasing cost of living and housing wat's 5k these days can get u? :dunno:

haha, cuz population aging, they need people to look after the elderly for them mah... economic benefits? they might as well hire foreign workers :P

true lor, and imagine married family with 5k, having kids to look after, worse right?

Who say singles can only buy 3 room flat?

Where did you get this wrong information from?

Singles above 35 years old can buy any resale room type. (be it 3, 4, 5 room, or even Exe)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WP...me?OpenDocument

The only restriction is that for a single who earns more than $3,000 monthly, they have to take a BANK LOAN instead of a HDB loan

Edited by hightlighter

Who say singles can only buy 3 room flat?

Where did you get this wrong information from?

Singles above 35 years old can buy any resale room type. (be it 3, 4, 5 room, or even Exe)

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf/WP...me?OpenDocument

The only restriction is that for a single who earns more than $3,000 monthly, they have to take a BANK LOAN instead of a HDB loan

ya, HDB allow singles above 35 to buy even up to exec flats. The rules changed a few years ago. Quite a number of exec flats were purchased by Singles when HDB opened up those units to private agencies eg propnex to help sell them off after those units were still not taken up even after many years of WIS

ya, HDB allow singles above 35 to buy even up to exec flats. The rules changed a few years ago. Quite a number of exec flats were purchased by Singles when HDB opened up those units to private agencies eg propnex to help sell them off after those units were still not taken up even after many years of WIS

What I meant is, with the ever increasing public housing, how can 1 single individual with average salary buys anything bigger than 3 room?

What I meant is, with the ever increasing public housing, how can 1 single individual with average salary buys anything bigger than 3 room?
In the first place, if a Singaporean age 35yrs who is Single, why would he/she need a bigger than 3 room public housing flat?

Single buy 3room with present salary = affordable = so buy

Single buy 4 / 5rm with present salary = not affordable = so dont buy. (single need so big space for what?)

In the first place, if a Singaporean age 35yrs who is Single, why would he/she need a bigger than 3 room public housing flat?

Single buy 3room with present salary = affordable = so buy

Single buy 4 / 5rm with present salary = not affordable = so dont buy. (single need so big space for what?)

1 rm - for sleeping

1 rm - to house transformer

1 rm - to house power ranger

Just nice :D