Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

Heya neighbour Beany,

Good progress there with the renovation works! The workers sure work pretty fast and efficiently.

Yep, for our side the evening sun brings a new dimension to 'house warming' on a daily basis! :)

For my side, I get both direct sun in the morning, afternoons and evenings. Mornings is good cos' it means good drying for the clothes. But afternoons and evenings turn the entire living area and 1 room into a furnace. For us, we also get the latent heat stored by the corridor walls and our walls so its a double whammy.

I guess the solar films would help but its quite pricey eh? Curtains would also be necessary to cater for the 430pm to sunset timing on clear, hot days when the sun shines direct. Another thing I guess, if you come back from work after 7pm, then it won't take too long to cool down if you've got a ceiling fan. For us, after living for years, we've kinda gotten used to the heat. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi adrian_john,

we're pretty satisfied with the tilers so far. they have been pretty friendly and are of good attitude. hopefully they produce work that's equally good too. heard so much horror stories of bad tiling workmanship. especially when we have homo and marble tiles combi in our house. :|

yeah, the solar films are really expensive. unfortunately, it's quite a necessity for us due to the direct west sun and hubby's 'high sensitivity' to heat *sigh*

currently, we're sourcing for curtain/blinds/bambo chic makers. any good reccomendations?

just received some pics of our furniture which is in progress :D

happy to see the physical stuff coming to life... estimated delivery to singapore end august when reno is 95% complete.

coffee table

CoffeeTable-Damien.jpg

side console

ConsoleTable-Damien.jpg

tv console

VibrantTvCab_Damien.jpg

Edited by beany0811

happy to see the physical stuff coming to life... estimated delivery to singapore end august when reno is 95% complete.

great to see smooth progress in your reno so far and nice choice of toilet tiles... :D ...your furniture is part of the reno package or you source for it separately?

Where did you buy your electrical appliances?

great to see smooth progress in your reno so far and nice choice of toilet tiles... :D ...your furniture is part of the reno package or you source for it separately?

Where did you buy your electrical appliances?

we bought the furniture separately - they're made of teakwood, and so-called customized. designs were already there - we just changed some of the dimensions to what we wanted.

there are other pieces which are not ready yet.

electrical appliances - meaning fridge and washer? we bought them fm harvey norman =)

currently, we're sourcing for curtain/blinds/bambo chic makers. any good reccomendations?

I usually get my curtain-related stuff from Jimmy Textiles at Joo Chiat Complex.

They now have a store at Tg Katong Complex too. (The old Yokoso, opposite Lion City Hotel and City Plaza)

I usually get my curtain-related stuff from Jimmy Textiles at Joo Chiat Complex.

They now have a store at Tg Katong Complex too. (The old Yokoso, opposite Lion City Hotel and City Plaza)

thanks! we'll check them out :)

coffee table

CoffeeTable-Damien.jpg

side console

ConsoleTable-Damien.jpg

tv console

VibrantTvCab_Damien.jpg

Your furniture is very nice! Rustic feel....

thanks :) Anyway the pictures only show the partially completed work. the final item delivered will be in a darker shade as both of us like dark walnut color :)

just got a few more pics of our WIP furniture... couldn't resist posting this pic of the arm chair... both of us like it for the solid feel :D

hope the real thing is as nice when it's delivered

neil1-seater.jpg

just got a few more pics of our WIP furniture... couldn't resist posting this pic of the arm chair... both of us like it for the solid feel :D

hope the real thing is as nice when it's delivered

neil1-seater.jpg

I like them too. Do you have whitish floor to contrast your furniture?

yeah, we do. in fact, we're also leaving the white carrera marble floor that the previous owner used. only the kitchen and 2 bathrooms' tiles were changed. so we're just going to have the marble polished after all other tiling is done.

hi all, i have a question and appreciate if everyone can give me some feedback.

we're using some glass material items for our house. E.g. Glass cladded wall between kitchen and foyer area, tempered glass MBR toilet wall, tempered glass swing doors for both toilet entrances etc.

we're in a dilemma about the finishing to be used. I.e. Sandblast or frosted sticker laminate.

any suggestion which we should use? thanks! :)

hi all, i have a question and appreciate if everyone can give me some feedback.

we're using some glass material items for our house. E.g. Glass cladded wall between kitchen and foyer area, tempered glass MBR toilet wall, tempered glass swing doors for both toilet entrances etc.

we're in a dilemma about the finishing to be used. I.e. Sandblast or frosted sticker laminate.

any suggestion which we should use? thanks! :)

Sandblast might drop off over time.. Frosted sticker laminate seems better.. Or you can try decal and paste yourself? Leave it clear is nice as well.. Easier to clean..

:) Wah you got nice wood furniture. Where you got your wood furniture?? I am also into wood thou :P

I dun even know that sandblast glass will drop off next time ;) but for my MBR bathroom we take sandblast glass swing door.

As for the common bathroom, its meant for guest we did not change the bi-folding door which was given by HDB 10 yrs ago... few ID say keep it as most guest will not take care of your house item so no need so good quailty for us.