Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After you move to Bishan then you wont be in ulu-Woodlands lioaz! But our gathering will toggle between J8 and Causeway Point lah! Hahaha!

So did you visit the house yesterday? Any new photos to upload?

wah.. is the ceiling too low.. or ur tooo tall??

ur doggy is fat de meh?? hehe he got a slim face

8kg for a jack russell is abit.....

hi all, i was just reading through my kitchen cabinet configurations and a question came to my mind.

what's the industrial standard/norm for the granite table top? thanks :)

hi all, i was just reading through my kitchen cabinet configurations and a question came to my mind.

what's the industrial standard/norm for the granite table top? thanks :)

Granite top usually comes in either 20mm or 40mm thickness. But I think most would opt for the latter.

The more popular choice of granite would be Indian granite - e.g. those black galaxy types.

:)

hi AJ, thanks for the fast response. we didn't know about the thickness and signed readily for a granite top. only when the drawings are out that we realized that it's only 20mm.

if the norm is 20mm, we may want to increase the profile to 40mm as well. but our table top length is about 19feet. so the cost of upgrade will be.... :~

does anyone know the cost of upgrade per feet? thanks again

Edited by beany0811

hmmm well saw your pics

cant expect too much from hdb.... anyway quite a lot of the beams. but hdb no need to make too nice lah

overall quite ok, at least bishan is a nice area

haiz, but still yet to get over the 'surprise' yesterday about not being able to hack the beam at the balcony eventhough it was previously approved...

hopefully everything else goes smoothly and no more such hiccups... :unsure:

Edited by beany0811

Why did they suddenly retract their approval? So weird! So that beam would have to stay there?

I can't remember whether my granite top is 20mm or 40mm. I only know it cost about $100/ft I think. Silly me, chose a rounded finish. Somehow don't think it looks very nice. A little dated after a while. The flat finish one look better!

Why did they suddenly retract their approval? So weird! So that beam would have to stay there?

I can't remember whether my granite top is 20mm or 40mm. I only know it cost about $100/ft I think. Silly me, chose a rounded finish. Somehow don't think it looks very nice. A little dated after a while. The flat finish one look better!

circles: well, it's a long story. we'll tell you in detail when we meet tomorrow.

$100/ft? *faint* we have 19ft of kitchen top, that makes it another $1900 :S

anyway rounded finish is good. child friendly :P

Edited by beany0811

Hahaha! I never thought of round-finishing as child friendly. That's an interesting point. But cos it is rounded surface, somehow the shine is not as good as a flat surface. So just a point to note when you are choosing your finishing. It does look prettier in flat finish =)

Hmmm, I am not sure what did my ID do. It came all polished. So I assumed the sealant has all been done. Just bought this granite polish thing which I swirl round and round every 4-6 months.

And do not drop sour/acidic stuff on it. It disappears into the granite and stays as a mark. I have sour cream mark on it now. Luckily it is only a small spot.

Don't leave water puddles on top too. Will have marks too. So after cooking, I usually use mild soap to wipe through, wipe off with wet cloth and finish off with a dry cloth.

some pics taken 2 days ago... hopefully the mess will be cleared, and tiling would have started when we go see the place tmr.

balcony doors removed

IMG_0305.jpg

kitchen

IMG_0311.jpg

Edited by beany0811