Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

But I realise Bishan don't seem to have a proper market ah.. I'm sick for the past few days and can hardly find food that fits a sick person around my area.. :(

there's nice fish porridge at kim tian ah

@beany

Welcome to the Bishan Neighbourhood! that has so many supermarkets....weird wonder why there's two ntuc and the new shop n save...haa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
there's nice fish porridge at kim tian ah

@beany

Welcome to the Bishan Neighbourhood! that has so many supermarkets....weird wonder why there's two ntuc and the new shop n save...haa

thanks xbb for the warm welcome :D

nice fish porridge at kim tian? where is it? so far, only the one at Seah Im Food Centre opposite Harbour Front makes me drool at the thought of it. i'd like to try this kim tian one you mentioned. :P

erm if you are staying @ st 13......then you have better food there for sure!

nothing yummy @ bishan north...except the kway chap for supper..only on sale at night :P

ur side has qiu lian ban mian....always end up eating there @ S11

bugis st chicken rice...near the other ntuc

the only interesting thing at bishan north..plenty of clinics...I really wonder why..haa

Anyway....I like Bishan still :) SOMEHOW the sky seems more blue and the trees more green. Haha maybe less conjested feeling @ central..compared to AMK Haha

yeah, A&W was still around when the guy had his root beer floats during his secondary school days.

now that we're moving to Bishan, we'll probably buy more of the GV movie passes offered by HSBC :P J8's GV is where we usually catch our show. we don't have to pay parking fees at J8 anymore! :P

hahaha, I am GV member leh and using OCBC card (discount for GV), now in AMK, have to travel liao... haha... but lucky still have cathay in AMK now...

But I realise Bishan don't seem to have a proper market ah.. I'm sick for the past few days and can hardly find food that fits a sick person around my area.. :(

there's market at blk 14x that side for those living in bishan east... bishan north have their so called 'mall' also what... :P

for sick person, eat yong tau foo or porridge lor, can find de... :D

nothing yummy @ bishan north...except the kway chap for supper..only on sale at night :P

the only interesting thing at bishan north..plenty of clinics...I really wonder why..haa

Anyway....I like Bishan still :) SOMEHOW the sky seems more blue and the trees more green. Haha maybe less conjested feeling @ central..compared to AMK Haha

The hor fun inside is not bad wor... they wrap in some leaves...

haha, true lar, most part of bishan not that crowded but amk also has some blks not that crowded, luckily my new place faces a school field, have some open space :D

Edited by merryman

hmm for bedroom 2, i think there's only one beam that runs along the wall on the right after entering the room. let me see if there's any pictures that i can post for you to see.

for balcony's distance between the floor and window, i can only tell you after the contractors clear the debris and re-lay the tiles because we intended to level the area as part of the dining room. it's probably the distance between living room floor and window + 10cm (due to the balcony's default drop).

In that case, the beam positions could be different. My master bedroom and bedroom 3 have basically no beams. All the beams are in bedroom 2. In fact, every wall has a beam for my bedroom 2. I will try to take some pictures too to show you.

You are also welcome to visit my place if you want to take a look.

In that case, the beam positions could be different. My master bedroom and bedroom 3 have basically no beams. All the beams are in bedroom 2. In fact, every wall has a beam for my bedroom 2. I will try to take some pictures too to show you.

You are also welcome to visit my place if you want to take a look.

oic, the beams are all concealed behind the walls of masteroom and bedroom 3. basically, the beams should be in the places as us, only differences are the positions of the walls below the beams.

Here's a picture of bedroom 2 that i can find offhand to show the beam:

Bedroom 2: The beam is located along the right side when you enter the room. There isn't any on the left wall because it's located along the right wall of the master room.

IMG_0265.jpg

just received a heart attack. the previously approved hacking of a RC stiffener at the balcony area, is now rejected. because it is connected to the balcony floor support of the unit above us :jawdrop::bangwall:

IMG_0316.jpg

seems like another place for dropped ceiling again *faint* :~

Edited by beany0811

yeah, you have sharp eyes too haha

actually, we did notice the parking issue back when we're doing our house hunting in this cluster. the available non-season parking lots were usually the ones further from my block. the current upgrading of the cluster doesnt help either. the haulage containers and trucks occupy the already precious and limited lots.

talk about bad timing. the lift upgrading works are in progress and probably won't complete in the next 2 months. With only a lift servicing 20 stories of residents, we're so pai seh to hog on to it because of our ongoing reno works

Ah, so you've already experienced first-hand the infamous car park jams and frustrations. Its always horns blaring and people fighting where I am. I often get annoyed when I come back hungry and late around 9-ish and can't get a lot despite waiting for 20 minutes. There's once I came back at 3plus AM and there's no lots red or white. So you can imagine how annoying it can be. Anyhow, I'll probably PM you a recommended 'remedy' should you ever encounter similar. :)

Yeah, the lift upgrading does cause abit of inconvenience. I went through the whole process, but once its over, its really much better. You have less people fighting for the same lift since every corner of the block gets their own lift. :)

There is proper wet market - Its at St 11 at Blk 151A. Nearby there also have nice kopitiams. We currently do our marketing there every Sunday.

Nearer to our St 24 side, the Bishan North Mall, near Ang Moh got wet market in the mornings.

If you go to the St 11 market and like prata, stop by Maya prata at the kopitiam at Blk 150A. It rocks! The curry is thick and rich in flavour.

Since you're sick now, perhaps you eat more soupy stuff lah. I think the kopitiam near your block got those fish ball soup or bah chor mee right?

Porridge also sure can get. Take care Booy! :)

Wah XiaoBB, I think you're the best person to consult on Bishan North food right since you've been eating there regularly.

I haven't tried any of the food there as yet. Wanted to try that Australian food store but the fella's gone.

St 12 and 13, definitely alot of good food. Kim San Leng got the best chicken rice. Always long queue. S-11's wester food is pretty good, so is the 'Korean' store. But the Zi Car there cannot make it lah. Kim San Leng's Zi Car store much better.

It's so nice to see an active Bishan neighbourhood! Beany, you are in safe safe hands.

I'm in sembawang, kinda quieter and boring. Luckily got old-time friends and parents.

Beany, you wait for me. Once circle line is complete in 2010, and if I still work in Buona Vista, I will be just 7 stops away from you!

It's so nice to see an active Bishan neighbourhood! Beany, you are in safe safe hands.

I'm in sembawang, kinda quieter and boring. Luckily got old-time friends and parents.

Beany, you wait for me. Once circle line is complete in 2010, and if I still work in Buona Vista, I will be just 7 stops away from you!

Edited by beany0811

there's market at blk 14x that side for those living in bishan east... bishan north have their so called 'mall' also what... :P

for sick person, eat yong tau foo or porridge lor, can find de... :D

The bishan north mall has nothing much to eat one.. Think I'm sick of the food there liao. haha..

There is proper wet market - Its at St 11 at Blk 151A. Nearby there also have nice kopitiams. We currently do our marketing there every Sunday.

Nearer to our St 24 side, the Bishan North Mall, near Ang Moh got wet market in the mornings.

If you go to the St 11 market and like prata, stop by Maya prata at the kopitiam at Blk 150A. It rocks! The curry is thick and rich in flavour.

Since you're sick now, perhaps you eat more soupy stuff lah. I think the kopitiam near your block got those fish ball soup or bah chor mee right?

Porridge also sure can get. Take care Booy! :)

Think I must start to venture to St11.. Looks like more food there.. I love prata!

Yes, there's fish soup and bah chor mee.. But eat for too many days liao.. so rather sick of it.. hee.. Now I'm back to the arms of my mummy, Mummy's food is still the best!

I like the layout of your house, beany. Plus, the big balcony.

Just sharing our reno:

01. When we wanted to hack away a stiffener wall, we needed to employ a PE. We felt it would be a waste of money to do it. Lucky for us, this wall is in one of the bedrooms. End of the day, our ID suggested constructing a small cabinet for us to hang our ironing board.

StiffenerWall-1.jpg

02. We have lots of beams in the house and uneven ceiling heights throughout the house too - it is super low in our living room, high in dining area and different heights in the bedrooms. Our tall friends used to joke to call them should we need to change our ceiling lights in the living room- their hands can easily reach the ceiling even without using a ladder.

As far as I know and was told by our ID, there is an HDB ruling for floor-ceiling height. You may want to check with your ID/contractor should you are flushing the beams/ceiling.

Congrats and happy renovating, beany.

PS: Is that your dog as in your avatar? -- Cute pose!

I like the layout of your house, beany. Plus, the big balcony.

Just sharing our reno:

01. When we wanted to hack away a stiffener wall, we needed to employ a PE. We felt it would be a waste of money to do it. Lucky for us, this wall is in one of the bedrooms. End of the day, our ID suggested constructing a small cabinet for us to hang our ironing board.

StiffenerWall-1.jpg

02. We have lots of beams in the house and uneven ceiling heights throughout the house too - it is super low in our living room, high in dining area and different heights in the bedrooms. Our tall friends used to joke to call them should we need to change our ceiling lights in the living room- their hands can easily reach the ceiling even without using a ladder.

As far as I know and was told by our ID, there is an HDB ruling for floor-ceiling height. You may want to check with your ID/contractor should you are flushing the beams/ceiling.

Congrats and happy renovating, beany.

PS: Is that your dog as in your avatar? -- Cute pose!

hi reiki, thanks for the tips - this is the 1st we're hearing of a ruling for floor-ceiling height :o will have to check with ID if there is any minimum. else, some of the places will have "easy-to-wipe" ceilings! anyway, hopefully ID will be able to come up with a fantastic solution... we shall wait n see.

yup, that is my fatty in the avatar... naughty little rascal... but still the apple of my eye :)

Edited by beany0811

wah...yr celing really low ah...did u measure the height?

from what i was told(u can check)...need to have a height of 2.5m....under HDB regulation. If not, it is consider "illegal", next time in the event if u are selling yr place...u will have to dismantle the ceiling.

For my house...face the same prob...so what we did was that we only do partial...cos my contractor was saying;"if it not the full, they will close one eye ba"...hope this help.