Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

Progress Update - End of Week 3

somehow, not much work has been done this week; the place seems pretty much as it was 1 week ago.

tiling will prob have to be completed before anything else can take place; marble for levelling up the balcony was only delivered this morning; hopefully we will be able to see more progress this coming week.

toilet accessories have also been delivered - wc and sink will be installed this coming week; but shower and racks probably towards the end; less chance of getting dirty, according to our ID.

plastering and painting will also commence

tv feature wall is up

IMG_0506.jpg

false ceiling up

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

learnt some new things along the way.

# those who are planning for glass-walled toilet - glass tied perpendicular onto glass will be unstable - it needs to be in a straight line, or have a piece of concrete to secure the 2 pieces of glass. as such, we have no choice but to give up the idea of a full walled toilet - have to build up a concrete wall so tt it will be more secure :(

mbr toilet with built-up wall

IMG_0508.jpg

cement laid @ balcony area - levelling it with marble (west sun attack - not even 3pm when pic was taken)

IMG_0495.jpg

Wow I like your full length feature Wall!!!!!!! What is it made of??

too bad my layout dont allow me to do so.

Your big bath room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous!!!!!! :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wow I like your full length feature Wall!!!!!!! What is it made of??

too bad my layout dont allow me to do so.

Your big bath room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So jealous!!!!!! :notti:

hi coke, that full height feature wall is made up of tiles and here's a closed up look of it:

Picture060.jpg

we bought ordered this from Hafary. we decided to go for tiles instead of carpentry for our tv feature wall. just a little pre-empt for those who are interested in this kind of tiles. due to the uneven surfaces on the top and bottom edges, gaps like the one below may appear. so do tell the tilers that they should do something about it. we've notified our ID and he said our tilers will work on it.

Picture064.jpg

as for bathrooms, i'd consider them long, narrow and not very well lit. the common bathroom is much darker than the MBR one as it only has a one-panel window. the MBR one is slightly better as it has 2 panel windows. hopefully the tiles we chose didn't make them look darker. :ph34r:

hi coke, that full height feature wall is made up of tiles and here's a closed up look of it:

Picture060.jpg

we bought ordered this from Hafary. we decided to go for tiles instead of carpentry for our tv feature wall. just a little pre-empt for those who are interested in this kind of tiles. due to the uneven surfaces on the top and bottom edges, gaps like the one below may appear. so do tell the tilers that they should do something about it. we've notified our ID and he said our tilers will work on it.

Picture064.jpg

as for bathrooms, i'd consider them long, narrow and not very well lit. the common bathroom is much darker than the MBR one as it only has a one-panel window. the MBR one is slightly better as it has 2 panel windows. hopefully the tiles we chose didn't make them look darker. :ph34r:

Very nice wall - I would have picked the same if not for our laziness in cleaning the house...

mmm funnily I think the gaps make the whole wall look more natural... or is it just me? LOL :) Nice wall!!

ha thanks, pinkpetter. actually the gaps didn't really make the wall look natural coz they appear consistently at a regular interval. our ID said that the tilers will fill the fine gaps with cement or something. we're still waiting for something miraculous to happen :P

Very nice wall - I would have picked the same if not for our laziness in cleaning the house...

thanks, sohck. actually, we can't imagine the level of effort needed to clean this wall. perhaps our trusty and wonderful 3M/Magiclean dusters will do the trick as the surface isn't as rough as it appears.

Very nice feature wall indeed. Is it exp to use tiles for this?

thanks, pbtgal. actually, we can't remember the price of this wall tile and didn't bother remembering it as it was FOC from our ID :D woohoo...

the length of the wall given FOC is 5 feet. hubby wished for 10feet but ID was afraid of overkilling the living/dining/foyer areas. we're supposed to have some small feature walls here and there. one of which is the cement tile wall that you see right at the main entrance. there were many pretty resort/balinese feature wall tiles that we found nice but had to give up due to budget constraint :( so pretty... many of them...

Edited by beany0811

That is really a nice feature wall !

Add on your teak furniture will sure look very cosy :)

That is really a nice feature wall !

Add on your teak furniture will sure look very cosy :)

thanks! we really hope that the project will turn out well and nice. we're kind of worried that we're not able to achieve the kind of feel we wanted. cpry.gif

time to shop for decorative stuff!

Wah! Impressive! I don't remember cleaning the TV feature wall, just the console area. Hahahaha! Are the edges of the tiles rough? Maybe can try to ask them to smoothen it or blend into the wall. Worried that while u are bending down, u may bump into the edge. I am usually quite accident prone. Worse still if it was a little kiddo =(

I cant wait to see more photos!

hi circles, i think the wall should be fine as we will have a 2m TV console placed in front of the 1.5m feature wall :)

hi coke, we're not quite sure of the completion. latest should be by early Sep, though our ID said chances of complete by end Aug is quite high as we're ahead of schedule.

Wah! Impressive! I don't remember cleaning the TV feature wall, just the console area. Hahahaha! Are the edges of the tiles rough? Maybe can try to ask them to smoothen it or blend into the wall. Worried that while u are bending down, u may bump into the edge. I am usually quite accident prone. Worse still if it was a little kiddo =(

I cant wait to see more photos!

I think the dust on the wall will make the whole thing more rustic-looking

how can we determine the quality of the stainless steel used? what is a reasonable high grade one which will not rust?

our ID installed copper piping when we indicated we want stainless steel piping :furious: - going to ask him to redo all in stainless steel; but wanna know how to know the grade of stainless steel so he doesn't take us for a ride.

anyone able to advise? thanks

Edited by beany0811

the wife is pissed :angry2:

1. the copper piping is ugly

2. there is a white pvc pipe under the common bathroom sink tho she spent money buying a chrome bottle trap 5 times as exp as a PVC one. if the wife wanted PVC, why even bother changing the bottle trap??

copper piping with ugly pvc pipe contrasting with the chrome bottle trap

IMG_0563.jpg

have asked the id to change the piping; will ask him to change that pipe too, else the wife will be very angry.

never mess with an angry woman