Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

the wife is pissed :angry2:

1. the copper piping is ugly

2. there is a white pvc pipe under the common bathroom sink tho she spent money buying a chrome bottle trap 5 times as exp as a PVC one. if the wife wanted PVC, why even bother changing the bottle trap??

copper piping with ugly pvc pipe contrasting with the chrome bottle trap

IMG_0563.jpg

have asked the id to change the piping; will ask him to change that pipe too, else the wife will be very angry.

never mess with an angry woman

must agree it doesnt look that pleasant...i think there is those chromr pipe that come with the cap?dunno how to explain...u can see my tblog(if the pic is not blur enough n if i have taken the photo)...however...i bought it for my contractor to fix...if not they will just fix the norm pvc pipe..

n YES...never mess with an agry woman..:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmmmm quite true.

Have to tell your ID you dont accept copper piping and the pvc pipe.

Maybe they think you will be painting over the pipe.

Just tell them you prefer stainless steel pipings and change all to it.

But of coz in long run the stainless steel will still erm.... get rusty or tainted. But heck later on then say !

Look nice now is more impt :P

must agree it doesnt look that pleasant...i think there is those chromr pipe that come with the cap?dunno how to explain...u can see my tblog(if the pic is not blur enough n if i have taken the photo)...however...i bought it for my contractor to fix...if not they will just fix the norm pvc pipe..

n YES...never mess with an agry woman..:P

I use the chromr pipe that come with the cap too for my common toilet . U can visit my blog to see how it look like

there is a chrome pipe which came with the bottle trap - we were wondering why the box of the chrome bottle trap was so big; then saw the pipe there. i'm sure the plumber is not new on the job. why didn't he use it!?!?!? :fire:

ooooh, so pissed now....

the husband is equally upset about the pipings... gg to hound the id every day until that pvc pipe is changed, and the copper pipings are taken down :angry::angry::angry:

how can we determine the quality of the stainless steel used? what is a reasonable high grade one which will not rust?

our ID installed copper piping when we indicated we want stainless steel piping :furious: - going to ask him to redo all in stainless steel; but wanna know how to know the grade of stainless steel so he doesn't take us for a ride.

anyone able to advise? thanks

the hubby's dad turned out to be the best expert around us with knowledge on metals.

quotes fm the expert's mouth:

# stainless steel grade fm 304 to 316 (best). grade is printed on the pipe. the higher the grade, the less likely it is to rust.

# don't bend pipings too much - the bent area = thiner and narrower paths = weaker water flow - that is why joints are used.

# joints - chrome brass material - good ones cost about $5 each; s/s cones not usually used cos they're quite ex.

# copper - may leak easily @ the joints cos its soft - easier to work with than s/s

# susceptible to rust and oxidation

# porous, compared to s/s

on conclusion.... ALL the pipings must be changed, or... :curse: both the man and woman of the house will be extremely angry.

its never wise to mess with an angry woman. its suicide to mess with an angry couple

Edited by beany0811

cpry.gif

hahahha i am being totally irrelevant here but i can't help it. your this icon is **** cute lor!! but sala hor, got people hold joss stick and says amen one meh? praying for "double" protection? hahahha

Edited by ivy

we bought ordered this from Hafary. we decided to go for tiles instead of carpentry for our tv feature wall. just a little pre-empt for those who are interested in this kind of tiles. due to the uneven surfaces on the top and bottom edges, gaps like the one below may appear. so do tell the tilers that they should do something about it. we've notified our ID and he said our tilers will work on it.

Picture064.jpg

here's an update on the tv feature wall. the gaps around the tiles have been filled yesterday. the application skill has room for improvement but at least something is moving.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560new.jpg

Edited by beany0811

the toilet fixtures have been installed by the plumber actually... according to the hubby, water pressure doesn't seem very strong :unsure:

anyway the plumber will be changing the copper pipings to s/s ones tmr, and the pvc sink piping will be changed to the chrome one too

hope that things will be OK, and water pressure will be strong when everything turned on. the wife likes strong water.

common toilet (pipes to be changed)

IMG_0524new.jpg

damixa shower 4 common toilet

IMG_0527new.jpg

ariston storage heater - 30L titanium one - is this good?

IMG_0530.jpg

mbr rain shower - mixer wrapped up

IMG_0546new.jpg

mbr toilet concrete top + sink

IMG_0545new.jpg

the marble @ the balcony has also been laid, and the walls plastered.

so i guess next will be painting and polishing of the floor

balcony floor leveled; skirting is up

IMG_0532.jpg

plus pt to the ID - he leveled up the entire balcony with cement instead of foam, then cement - said it would reduce hollowness

areas damaged by door frames repaired

IMG_0538.jpg

OOoooo, good choice of rainshower and normal shower. I chose the kind where the hand-held shower is 'fixed' onto the wall. Kinda restricted. I like my parent's house one where you can shift the hand-held shower up and down. Just like yours!

OOoooo, good choice of rainshower and normal shower. I chose the kind where the hand-held shower is 'fixed' onto the wall. Kinda restricted. I like my parent's house one where you can shift the hand-held shower up and down. Just like yours!

credit goes to you, Circles, for offering great 'real time' advice when we're at the first toilet accessories shop we went. :P

if it wasn't for your useful advice, we wouldn't have done a little more research and found these 2 sets! kudos!

the toilet fixtures have been installed by the plumber actually... according to the hubby, water pressure doesn't seem very strong :unsure:

anyway the plumber will be changing the copper pipings to s/s ones tmr, and the pvc sink piping will be changed to the chrome one too

hope that things will be OK, and water pressure will be strong when everything turned on. the wife likes strong water.

common toilet (pipes to be changed)

IMG_0524new.jpg

damixa shower 4 common toilet

IMG_0527new.jpg

ariston storage heater - 30L titanium one - is this good?

IMG_0530.jpg

mbr rain shower - mixer wrapped up

IMG_0546new.jpg

mbr toilet concrete top + sink

IMG_0545new.jpg

your Ariston heater is good. I have been using it for my existing place for years. Actually a bit regret getting Joven for my new place cos I find Ariston tank looks more sleek.

Your common toilet wall tiles look like my MBR ones, but I prefer your MBR tiles....prefer those stony colour.....eerrrr....if can come all over again.........will choose that...