Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

Nope, I didn't see it at Hafary though I went there twice for tile selections. :D I cant recall where I saw it. Only remember its without the square joint lines, the effects are like the whole wall is built with that material. hee..

How's your marble polishing that day? Managed to smooth out those scratches?

we haven't managed to see the end product of the polishing yet, cos we went up on wed nite, but it wasn't done. the place was cleared tho.

polishing was only done yesterday; according to the ID, who happened to be @ the unit when i called him, he says its gleaming, hah.

we'll know tmr when we go up to the unit - will take pics n post

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Progress Update - End of Week 5

# lightings partially installed; remaining will be up after carpentry

# marble polished; but results not as good as we expected :( scratches still obvious, esp in mbr - our ID will be getting the guy to come down and do it again

# carpentry has been delivered; installation to commence on tues :D

# wrought-iron metal gate was installed, BUT wrong one :wacko: definitely has to be replaced

glaring scratches on the marble...

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

... otherwise, it looks quite shiny

IMG_0671.jpg

carpentry has been delivered... much more than expected :o

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Beany, i like your feature wall. looks ex.

thanks, pinklady :)

close-up of the feature wall below; the joint lines r abit obvious and wide, but guess we can still live with it

IMG_0665.jpg

just can't resist posting the pic of the wrong gate sent... we initially didn't even realise the gate had been changed.

just seems abit funny... that such a design was sent and installed... it has stars, moon and leaves on it :wacko:

(sorry, but no offense to anyone, esp if anyone has installed this design)

IMG_0690.jpg

hi everybody, another question from me.

We've received the carpentry stuff yesterday. but we're wondering what kind of material is used, as shown in the picture below:

IMG_0674.jpg

Appreciate if anyone can enlighten us. Thanks :)

Edited by beany0811

Progress Update - End of Week 5

# lightings partially installed; remaining will be up after carpentry

# marble polished; but results not as good as we expected :( scratches still obvious, esp in mbr - our ID will be getting the guy to come down and do it again

# carpentry has been delivered; installation to commence on tues :D

# wrought-iron metal gate was installed, BUT wrong one :wacko: definitely has to be replaced

glaring scratches on the marble...

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

... otherwise, it looks quite shiny

IMG_0671.jpg

Oh my... hope your ID can help to remove the scratches since its so obvious that you can capture on camera. Hope to hear good news soon. :)

Agree the scratches on the floor tiles very obvious. Hope to see that your ID can remove them. Your floor tiles also bright and shiny :good: .

Agree the scratches on the floor tiles very obvious. Hope to see that your ID can remove them. Your floor tiles also bright and shiny :good: .

we hope they can be removed too... @ first the wife din like the look of the marble; found them quite dated. but it kinda grows on you, i think.

so now, marble must be flawless! heh

national day surprise

the hubby went up to the unit today, and surprise surprise, toilet doors and shower screens r up! :bath:

we also checked with ID again on the materials used for carpentry; he will change all to plywood... that made the hubby pretty happy too

hope everything will continue going well

common toilet door

IMG_0697.jpg

common toilet shower screen

IMG_0700.jpg

mbr toilet screen/door

IMG_0714.jpg

mbr toilet shower screen

IMG_0716.jpg

the hubby reported tt water pressure is good :lol:

IMG_0723.jpg

question about carpentry

have you guys seen such work in your carpentry? stapling the pieces of plywood together but still leaving a gap

IMG_0712.jpg

the funny thing is that, on the right side of this carpentry picture shows some thin pieces of wood stuffed in between the 2 planks. is it ok for carpentry or is it some slipshod work to thicken the cabinet's profile?

appreciate any advice :)

question about carpentry

have you guys seen such work in your carpentry? stapling the pieces of plywood together but still leaving a gap

IMG_0712.jpg

the funny thing is that, on the right side of this carpentry picture shows some thin pieces of wood stuffed in between the 2 planks. is it ok for carpentry or is it some slipshod work to thicken the cabinet's profile?

appreciate any advice :)

Hmm im not very sure. But so far non of my carpentry looks lidat.

Supposed to be solid pcs of wood in layers completely.

Hollow in between to me will feel like it is not "solid" ? I dont think i will accept such unless my ID give me a very convincing explanation on it.

Hmm im not very sure. But so far non of my carpentry looks lidat.

Supposed to be solid pcs of wood in layers completely.

Hollow in between to me will feel like it is not "solid" ? I dont think i will accept such unless my ID give me a very convincing explanation on it.

hi forkie, we feel the same way too. we've notified our ID to check his supplier's delivered products. so waiting for him to get back :unsure:

we feel that owners really have to check when materials are delivered and alert their contractors and IDs as soon as possible. because sometimes, there is often a time lag if communication involving more than 2 parties are needed.

Main contractor/IDs may not be aware of the quality of their suppliers' products but they're also responsible for ensuring that no poorer-than-agreed materials are used, upon delivery. it'll be too late if the fixtures are up and the laminates have been applied. rectification work is just a waste of time and money for all parties concerned.

Oh no! I realised how bo chup I was. When I went up, all the carpentry were up already. It just looks pretty and ready. I never seen my reno having these kind of 'raw' look. Oppies! Hope my cupboards still continue to stay strong. I am stuck in that house for at least 20years.

Unless I buy private property, if not, no chance to move out of the house cos of the HDB levy =(

Maybe I should start saving now for the next reno in 10years time =D

hi forkie, we feel the same way too. we've notified our ID to check his supplier's delivered products. so waiting for him to get back :unsure:

we feel that owners really have to check when materials are delivered and alert their contractors and IDs as soon as possible. because sometimes, there is often a time lag if communication involving more than 2 parties are needed.

Main contractor/IDs may not be aware of the quality of their suppliers' products but they're also responsible for ensuring that no poorer-than-agreed materials are used, upon delivery. it'll be too late if the fixtures are up and the laminates have been applied. rectification work is just a waste of time and money for all parties concerned.

That is true, which is why every step of reno i will always go over and take a look.

Even i may not be professional in their respective areas, but i will ask and check if i have some conerns :P

I dont care if this is not nice to IDs for home owners to speak directly their contractors. :P

I just know this is my house and i want to know what are they doing.