Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi beany, how much did u pay for the kitchen glass panels? did you buy it or is it custom made?

hi zapped, the kitchen glass panels was custom made and part of our ID's design to allow more light source into the kitchen. cost wise, i cant really remember the price. but we're assured by our ID that the glass panels were tempered glass :)

progress update - end of week 7

our aircon - mitsubishi heavy industries

IMG_0769.jpg

nice ! I also bought Mitsu Heavy ind hehehe !

Which model you bought ? Any reviews yet ? :D

... updates continued

shoe cabinet closed

Picture008.jpg

Very nice design ! A nice feature wall which have a hidden shoe rack,

Very nicely done.

--- updates continued

track above mbr feature door

IMG_0871.jpg

ID boasted to us that only condos get this usually - hah. thanks to him, we get a condo door track. it beats having the conventional door stopper magnet thingy tho. just push, and door stays :yeah:

!! Anyway if ur ID can says where he got the track ? My Main door need such track as I cant make a magnetic thingy behind due to no wall.

This will defintely be perfect to solve my problem other then getting a rubber stopper.

nice ! I also bought Mitsu Heavy ind hehehe !

Which model you bought ? Any reviews yet ? :D

Very nice design ! A nice feature wall which have a hidden shoe rack,

Very nicely done.

!! Anyway if ur ID can says where he got the track ? My Main door need such track as I cant make a magnetic thingy behind due to no wall.

This will defintely be perfect to solve my problem other then getting a rubber stopper.

hi forkie, we bought the system-4 compressor SCM80ZG-S and the fancoils SKM50ZG-S + SKM35ZG-S + SKM28ZG-S. the last 2 are used for the spare room and study room respectively. havent really tried running them hard. so the reviews will have to wait. so did you get the same set too?

thanks for the compliments on the feature walls. thankfully. all of the feature walls turned out fine else will be :~ for the amount that we topped up :bangwall:

as for the door track, i'll have to check with my ID and hopefully i can revert soon as he may have to check with the carpenters :)

hi forkie, we bought the system-4 compressor SCM80ZG-S and the fancoils SKM50ZG-S + SKM35ZG-S + SKM28ZG-S. the last 2 are used for the spare room and study room respectively. havent really tried running them hard. so the reviews will have to wait. so did you get the same set too?

thanks for the compliments on the feature walls. thankfully. all of the feature walls turned out fine else will be :~ for the amount that we topped up :bangwall:

as for the door track, i'll have to check with my ID and hopefully i can revert soon as he may have to check with the carpenters :)

Hehehe i bought SCM80ZG-S and 3 x SKM28ZG-S

Didnt choose the 12k BTU SKM35ZG-S for MBR.

Just use 3 9K BTU for 3 rooms.

Hope your ID can give some lobang. My carpenters seems like duno anything about this track,

progress update - end of week 9

nothing much is happening now... HO didn't happen yesterday cos there are still areas which need to be worked upon - touch up on paint work, cement grouting, blah blah blah. we asked for the dining light to be installed properly - the metal structure of the holder is sticking out of the false ceiling, which we've read fm other t-blogs it shouldn't be the case.

once the unit has been done to their picky owners (us!) requirements, we can happily do the HO.

the place has been looking the same for the past 2 weeks, hah. this is probably as far as it goes. only difference is the pasting of wallpaper in the MBR.

now looking forward to furniture!

wallpaper @ mbr - does it look too dark?

IMG_0929.jpg

its supposed to be quite sparkly... but can't see that yet... maybe needs the right lighting

close-up of wallpaper

IMG_0930.jpg

Edited by beany0811

Hope your ID can give some lobang. My carpenters seems like duno anything about this track,

hey forkie, we asked about the track - ID said need to check with his carpenter - we'll let you know once he gets back to us.

just one point... u said u wanna install the track for ur main door - but fm what i see, the track has to be embedded in the door frame - not sure if it can be done for the main door frame. no harm giving it a try tho

Wow.. nice wallpaper. :dribble: Slightly look like pebble-wash. Is it textured or smooth with print-look alike?

By the way, how's your marble polishing? We checked with the contractor already. Mine only going to be polish after all the carpentry's up. Still got to wait few more weeks.

Wow.. nice wallpaper. :dribble: Slightly look like pebble-wash. Is it textured or smooth with print-look alike?

By the way, how's your marble polishing? We checked with the contractor already. Mine only going to be polish after all the carpentry's up. Still got to wait few more weeks.

hi rasp, the wallpaper is textured. we chose it cos it doesn't look like the conventional wallpaper... :P saw the sample in the catalouge, n decided on this.

but... there was a brown-toned and black-toned sample in the catalouge... we thot we chose the brown one, the one put up is the black one... hmm, need to try to remember the choice we made @ tt time :unsure:

marble polishing - according to ID, he has arranged for the guys to come down a 2nd time after the carpentry to polish the flooring again; well, it is shiny; but the "harmed" portions where the scratches are beneath the surface due to heavy impact are still there... seemingly no way to get rid of them :bangwall:

please ensure your flooring is protected well during the entire course of your reno... even after the hacking the stuff; cos during carpentry, dragging and transporting the wood ard could harm the marble too

hey forkie, we asked about the track - ID said need to check with his carpenter - we'll let you know once he gets back to us.

just one point... u said u wanna install the track for ur main door - but fm what i see, the track has to be embedded in the door frame - not sure if it can be done for the main door frame. no harm giving it a try tho

Haiyooo hmmm then might have a problem.

My Main door frame is metal..... hmmm hmmm lidat like canot work liao sia :(

hi rasp, the wallpaper is textured. we chose it cos it doesn't look like the conventional wallpaper... :P saw the sample in the catalouge, n decided on this.

but... there was a brown-toned and black-toned sample in the catalouge... we thot we chose the brown one, the one put up is the black one... hmm, need to try to remember the choice we made @ tt time :unsure:

marble polishing - according to ID, he has arranged for the guys to come down a 2nd time after the carpentry to polish the flooring again; well, it is shiny; but the "harmed" portions where the scratches are beneath the surface due to heavy impact are still there... seemingly no way to get rid of them :bangwall:

please ensure your flooring is protected well during the entire course of your reno... even after the hacking the stuff; cos during carpentry, dragging and transporting the wood ard could harm the marble too

Good Morning beany0811,

You guys are cute, cant recall your selection. Hee.. Anyway, I think the black stones looked pretty coolz. The stone surface is shiny, right? Guess like what you mentioned, the shine will show under different lighting angle.

My floor is still covered except for the new mbr as the workers removed the previous sheets during their cleaning/tiding up. Now its quite exposed. We thought should be ok since just waiting for carpentry and painting. Think got to ask Hb to check with the contractor on the protection again. hee.. thanks for sharing. :)

I like your shoe rack... a very nice feature wall kind.. Your MBR wallpaper is very interesting.. It does seem a bit dark to me, perhaps brown will be better...

hi,

very unique wallpaper selection you have.

how much you pay for the wall paper? your contractor supplied it?

hi dyleen. i can't remember the price for the paper. we were quoted a lumps sum for the plastering and wallpaper by our ID. Can't remember the price of the wallpaper either. We only saw that the contractor was wearing Goodrich polo tshirt :)

booy: yeah, we think so too. coz the downlights in our bedroom are using warm white bulbs. so the brown version will provide a better glittering effect :)

progress update - end of week 10

is it us, or does our reno seem to be taking quite long?

anyway, the stuff are mostly done up, except for the rectification works to be done.

the marble guys came up again to see if anything could be done to improve the state of the scratches on our poor marble; but alas... harm to the marble too deepset. they told us the surface was smooth already, and that the harm to the marble was irreversible. quite upset, cos it due to pulling of carpentry across the flooring, impact of machinery used during reno, inadequate protection of the marble during reno. going to talk to ID to see how we can come to a settlement over this. even the curtain installation guys were like.... wow, those r bad scratches! :~

apart fm that, other items should be able to be resolved soon, and we can proceed with official HO.

we were there today all day waiting for delivery of our items, and the carpenter and glass guy came to touch up on some items.

but the paint on some walls are already starting to pop and peel - air bubbles... gonna ask the ID to have his painters come and touch up again. the paint on the wrought iron gate is also peeling @ some areas... :wacko: also gonna ask ID to get the guy to touch up

lots of stuff were delivered today - curtains fm windows image put up, furniture from ethnic moods delivered, fridge and washer delivered by harvey normal and brandt, lamp from poets' design delivered, door unit signage from pang giap put up.

we are generally happy with all the items except the mirror ordered fm unikhome (posted under another thread)

Edited by beany0811