Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beany0811

Somewhere In Bishan

wa Liebherr nia? only $4 to 5k.

not enough. must be diamond encrusted with 24k gold ABS trimming then posh ma.

Wah what if he gives you a dollar bill with many zeros de ? you guys dare to take ah ?

this month alot lying ard HDB void deck leh :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dishrack question

hi everyone, another question fm us...

for the dishrack above the sink... what is the better system to install for the soft-closing? hydraulic or...?

cos many of our frens use the hydraulic system, and it always seems to break down after a few months. it either gets stuck, or the hydraulic stops working, and the glass panel will come slamming down.

our place's one is currently installed with the hydraulic system (pic below).

08122009235.jpg

is the hydraulic system above hardy enuff? the wife is afraid that the glass panel will slam onto her head one fine day when she is washing the bowls... :wacko:

should we request to have it changed to something more heavy-duty?

Edited by beany0811

dishrack question

for the dishrack above the sink... what is the better system to install for the soft-closing? hydraulic or...?

cos many of our frens use the hydraulic system, and it always seems to break down after a few months. it either gets stuck, or the hydraulic stops working, and the glass panel will come slamming down.

08122009235.jpg

is the hydraulic system above hardy enuff? the wife is afraid that the glass panel will slam onto her head one fine day when she is washing the bowls... :wacko:

Hi Beany,

I have no idea for this. We didnt go for the glass panel, our flip-open cover is laminated like the cabinet door. So we are not so concern for the smashing of the glass. But my worries are whether the constant opening & closing with wet hands will affect the wood. Fix one issue and another came up. ;)

Guess got to wait for the others to share their experience with the hydraulic / soft closing mechanism.

dishrack question

I used to have 2 glass panels with hydraulic system in my previous house

One thing I do not like hydraulic is that it will suddenly jump up when you reach a certain opening so if someone is not used to it, it might injure that person

But i'm not sure what is a better replacement since i've not experience other hinges yet other than BLUM :)

Edited by coffee_o

Wah.. good service le the furniture shop provide..

I am so sorry to heard abt Unikhome... :(

unikhome was supposed to call us to update us about the mirror today... no news fm them :furious:

we're gg to be quite pissed when we call them tmr

Edited by beany0811

I used to have 2 glass panels with hydraulic system in my previous house

One thing I do not like hydraulic is that it will suddenly jump up when you reach a certain opening so if someone is not used to it, it might injure that person

But i'm not sure what is a better replacement since i've not experience other hinges yet other than BLUM :)

it seems like blum is the "maggi mee" of the anti-slam brand names around :P

we also requested to have that top hydraulic changed to blum, but ID said too exp - $300 plus... worth paying?

wallpaper @ mbr - does it look too dark?

IMG_0929.jpg

its supposed to be quite sparkly... but can't see that yet... maybe needs the right lighting

close-up of wallpaper

IMG_0930.jpg

Hey, same wallpaper. ;)

281sx.jpg

it seems like blum is the "maggi mee" of the anti-slam brand names around :P

we also requested to have that top hydraulic changed to blum, but ID said too exp - $300 plus... worth paying?

if for me, i wont pay so much for anti slam... :D

Hey, same wallpaper. ;)

281sx.jpg

u r right! :P nice rite... we liked the shiny effect on the catalogue; but it isn't so shiny on the wall leh :unsure:

but urs is brown... which is nicer... we thot we chose the brown too, but... hmmmm

if for me, i wont pay so much for anti slam... :D

maybe... after all we grew up in a world where kitchen cabinets have no anti-slam - no major accidents in all my years... heh.

ID said he would change the system to another hydraulic one if we felt this one isn't "strong" enuff. let's see what he proposes on sat

u r right! :P nice rite... we liked the shiny effect on the catalogue; but it isn't so shiny on the wall leh :unsure:

but urs is brown... which is nicer... we thot we chose the brown too, but... hmmmm

No lah, same as yours, grey. Probably look brown in the pics bcos of the warm lights.

Definitely nice :good::P

handover has finally happened...

Reno

have concluded the HO for our new place with our ID.

there are still some outstanding rectifications to be done; they will be completed next weekend as both of us are not able to be around during weekdays for the guys to come over and do the place, so can only do it on weekend.

initially had a long list of items, and the guys did come up to repair/touch up all the painting works, tiling and carpentry stuff thru'out the day.

when our tv was delivered, realised the signal wasn't very good; informed our ID about it, and he got the electricians to come down immediately to change the TV cable.

outstanding stuff include touching up of the paint work on the wrought iron main gate, replacing of shower screen due to scratches on it, addition of rubber strips to the shower screens to prevent water from coming out, checking of the pipes and WC in the common toilet by the plumber.

we trust tt our ID and ideal design studio will honour the agreement and turn up next sat... tho final payment has been collected!

Items

# our mirror fm unikhome was re-delivered - much better service this time - the guys who delivered it were fm the coy itself, and they took great pains to measure the accuracy of the holes on the wall and on the mirror before mounting. they also looked fm every angle to ensure the mirror showed a nice image, and installed additional brackets @ the bottom. seems like the previous guys did a shoddy job of drilling and measuring the holes.

# tv fm audio house, 3M solar film fm jestac and tempered glass top for our dining table from sun sun glass were also delivered on track today :) pleased with the services from all thus far... no major problems with any of our vendors which we got our items from.

time to start cleaning up and getting ready for the move!

Edited by beany0811

3-D pics...

now that reno has finally drawn to a close (pending remaining rectifications), we can finally post our 3D pics which we had gotten before reno started. after we have cleaned the place, moved in, settled down and have all the outstanding stuff settled, will post pics of the completed place... we'll then see if the 3Ds and the real McCoy match up

presenting our ID's impression of our resort-themed hut...

foyer

foyer2.jpg

feature wall panelling

feature2.jpg

kitchen

newkitchen.jpg

wardrobe

newwardrobe.jpg

display cabinet

display2.jpg

hey beany, your reno looks good!

even from the WIP shots that u posted prev, it looks very close to the 3d pics.. :)

thanks! :) we purposely left out the drawing of the living room tho... cos its totally wrong, from the furniture to the colour scheme :bangwall: didn't manage to get the correctd 3D for tt despite chasing the ID, so gave up halfway... anyway house is completed, no need for 3D of that now.

Edited by beany0811