Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haiyo too busy to reply to thread. ok 1st oct is out. maybe all of us should gather pot luck for christmas. so the mens can join in as well. heee! anyway, wishing arwena, happy hari raya! :)

blk 357c having block party with ministerial visit this sat. 4th oct 08.

anyone at 357c going? only know blueturtle. haha! are u?

anw i went to dragon phoneix restaurant at semb hill. next to mrt station. its great chinese food! they even offer horse riding practice there. great for leisure over the weekends. they have a swimming pool as well!

Hi! Heehee....long time never log in liao.

How's everyone? F1 just over, any1 catches it?

How's the price for the dragon pheonix restaurant huh? Wanna go try the dim sum. The place is call Admiralty Hill Club, the road leading up to it I think is call Old Nelson Road. Got 2 restaurant. The swimming pool is run by a swimming club call LifeStyle. My son is having his lessons there every Sat.

From Wellington side got a side gate can go into those colonial type housing, lots of ang mos staying there. A very nice environment. Nice big houses, but heard rental is in the range of 20K-30K per month. :bangwall:

But most people there very friendly and they can really do garden party!

How's the price for the dragon pheonix restaurant huh? Wanna go try the dim sum. The place is call Admiralty Hill Club, the road leading up to it I think is call Old Nelson Road. Got 2 restaurant. The swimming pool is run by a swimming club call LifeStyle. My son is having his lessons there every Sat.

From Wellington side got a side gate can go into those colonial type housing, lots of ang mos staying there. A very nice environment. Nice big houses, but heard rental is in the range of 20K-30K per month. :bangwall:

Last year i went up that road but i tink it is still under construction so the security chase me out. :P So is the swimming pool open to public? standard olympic size? Cos now the nearest pool i go to is at Yishun there. If this one is open to public then can save me some time. jogging to and fro quite time consuming.

Hey where have u bin? long time no hear! spammed your reno blog but so long u din reply.

The dragon pheonix restaurant's food is no big deal and quite ex! We went on a weekday to try the food, felt that they are too eager to serve. The moment we sat down, the captain starts to promote their 'signature dishes' even b4 i look at the menu. There's only 3 of us and we ordered abt 5 dishes and lots of tim sum and yet the push cart woman kept asking us if we wanted more. We haven't even started eating and during the meal, both the steamed and fried tim sum cart women kept pushing the carts to our table and ask us if we wanted more. Wah! so pissed off by them, can't even have a peaceful meal.

The food nothing to shout about and the tim sum so so. We felt that the har kau and woo kok not bad and the pineapple rice also quite nice.

Not a place to have a relax meal even though the surrounding seems to be so peaceful. Too many waiters and waitresses trying hard to please but for me it didn't worked.

I prefer the restaurant in cdan clubhouse opp the shipyard anytime.

And ya, I'm staying in the black and white colonial house but I not ang mo.

Last year i went up that road but i tink it is still under construction so the security chase me out. :P So is the swimming pool open to public? standard olympic size? Cos now the nearest pool i go to is at Yishun there. If this one is open to public then can save me some time. jogging to and fro quite time consuming.

Nope...not open to public leh...don't think Sembawang will ever get a public pool. Hahaha...

Hey where have u bin? long time no hear! spammed your reno blog but so long u din reply.

The dragon pheonix restaurant's food is no big deal and quite ex! We went on a weekday to try the food, felt that they are too eager to serve. The moment we sat down, the captain starts to promote their 'signature dishes' even b4 i look at the menu. There's only 3 of us and we ordered abt 5 dishes and lots of tim sum and yet the push cart woman kept asking us if we wanted more. We haven't even started eating and during the meal, both the steamed and fried tim sum cart women kept pushing the carts to our table and ask us if we wanted more. Wah! so pissed off by them, can't even have a peaceful meal.

The food nothing to shout about and the tim sum so so. We felt that the har kau and woo kok not bad and the pineapple rice also quite nice.

Not a place to have a relax meal even though the surrounding seems to be so peaceful. Too many waiters and waitresses trying hard to please but for me it didn't worked.

I prefer the restaurant in cdan clubhouse opp the shipyard anytime.

And ya, I'm staying in the black and white colonial house but I not ang mo.

Heehee...paisei...have been bz with many other things...so sorry....

Think they are new so very eager loh...and not sure if the place can attract crowd boh...

Where is cdan clubhouse? Hmm...also got nice dim sum?

You staying at the colonial house ah...wow...how is it? Enjoy the space? Can go take picture? :P Not the inside lah...just the structure outside...heehee....

Heehee...paisei...have been bz with many other things...so sorry....

Think they are new so very eager loh...and not sure if the place can attract crowd boh...

Where is cdan clubhouse? Hmm...also got nice dim sum?

You staying at the colonial house ah...wow...how is it? Enjoy the space? Can go take picture? :P Not the inside lah...just the structure outside...heehee....

You know the club opp sembawang shipyard is the CDAN club hse, the restaurant serve chinese food but don't think they got tim sum leh.

Very quite and nice place and if you are member also can swim there.

Sure can take picture of my hse but must wait for my boy to help me upload so that you can see coz I dunno how 2 do it. I do enjoy the space when I first shifted in but now sian liao after so many years. Too much maintenance, garden very big so must cut grass often and also the hse very old liao got alot of termites, ants, snakes, centipedes, cockroaches, rats and so on...... Most importantly the rental is going up to double of what I'm paying now so I'm moving out when my lease expires end of the year. You know, stay this kind of hse is nice to see but alot of work to do. Also old liao lah want to climb up and down very difficult, leg pain.

colonial house? where? at the admiralty hills? huh? they have chalets up there also leh. now open for membership application.

don't talk about public pool in sembawang lar. i thought supposed to have some stadium near the CC. but until now i only see green green green green grass.

anyone tried the food at the "food court" @ sembawang mrt huh? is the food nice?

if i can have a wish list for sembawang...

1. more buses to civilization aka town areas

2. upgrade sun plaza

3. swimming pool

4. shoot down all the bicycles

5. sheltered walkways everywhere. it's very very very sunny and hot in 38wang...

colonial house? where? at the admiralty hills? huh? they have chalets up there also leh. now open for membership application.

don't talk about public pool in sembawang lar. i thought supposed to have some stadium near the CC. but until now i only see green green green green grass.

anyone tried the food at the "food court" @ sembawang mrt huh? is the food nice?

if i can have a wish list for sembawang...

1. more buses to civilization aka town areas

2. upgrade sun plaza

3. swimming pool

4. shoot down all the bicycles

5. sheltered walkways everywhere. it's very very very sunny and hot in 38wang...

Ya i also agree.

Should have buses and more amenities added like stadium, sports centre and so on.

Hi guys!

Thank u for de wishes spongebobmama!

Anyway, i wrote to the CC and claimed ive "just moved in" to the area. Asked a few qns about the neighbourhood. Apparently heres what I found out:

1. There is a BBQ pit at Admiralty Drive for residents' usage. Booking at STC required.

2. There is a Table-Tennis table at Blk 360A.

3. Nearest Swimming Pool, Indoor courts & Stadium - Yishun

4. Nearest Squash & Tennis Courts - YCK

5. Nearest Basketball & Badminton courts - Area surrounding Blk 357

6. Nearest Gym - Yishun. I have expressed my disappointment on this to the CC. They have set up a committee to discuss on this issue. I sure hope they will have one soon!

Any news on the Sembawang Shopping Centre? The NTUC Mart @ MRT has closed down. Our Sun Plaza has such limited shops but surprisingly has Yamaha, Library, M1, Singtel, Starhub. Basically just not enough well known clothes retail shops like Esprit or Gio. Eateries are sufficient but a Pizza Hut wld be nice yeah? ROFL!

Edited by arwena

will be moving in soon to sembawang.

anyone know if there is any after school care as i would like to put my kids there.

perhaps if there is any Montessori there as well.

Thanks in advanced