Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

wah blueturtle! dats scary but u hengz got ur hb & frens w u. I was alone when mine tripped. Infact, it tripped 4 times for me before.

HDB can't help cuz I did reno & had some wiring done. I am so pissed! Its either according to what Leonidas said or my ID's electrician is bad. But theres no way to noe.

Also, I am hving problems with my MBR bathroom. The water drainage is so slow. I have to flush 3-4 times to get things down, my sink will flood, my shower area will flood till water flows out to my toilet bowl area! :bangwall:

Been showering in my common bath. ID's plumber came once & rectified that we hv to go thru neighbour below. HDB's plumber came once & declared it fixed. After they left, by afternoon it choked again. Called HDB again & i told them may need to go thru via neighbour. HDB's plumber insisted on coming again saying that he knows what is de prob. He came & of course futile.

Now it is decided to go thru my neighbour below. But my neighbour just had a baby & is "pantang". Only date good for them in 21st! The agony! T.T

wah! when i discover the burning smell and cannot locate where... first thing that came to mind was... ****... dun tell me something wrong with wiring... i just finish reno... i dun want to spoil anything... keke...

aiyo... why ur toilet liddat one... i hear liao i also scared leh... last time my HB's rental flat... the pipes burst... yes... it was the stinky water pipes in the kitchen... :jawdrop: you dun want to imagine the smell... no one want to take responsibility... and it took like 1 week or more to get fixed... now i think of it... really smelly....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Also, I am hving problems with my MBR bathroom. The water drainage is so slow. I have to flush 3-4 times to get things down, my sink will flood, my shower area will flood till water flows out to my toilet bowl area! :bangwall:

Been showering in my common bath. ID's plumber came once & rectified that we hv to go thru neighbour below. HDB's plumber came once & declared it fixed. After they left, by afternoon it choked again. Called HDB again & i told them may need to go thru via neighbour. HDB's plumber insisted on coming again saying that he knows what is de prob. He came & of course futile.

Now it is decided to go thru my neighbour below. But my neighbour just had a baby & is "pantang". Only date good for them in 21st! The agony! T.T

when i took over i had the same problem with the common toliet. tink is the sand and dirt that was washed down the pipe. hence had to clear from the floor below. luckily that time my one level lower neighour had not moved in so can clear quite easily.

Wah circuit breaker melted and toilet bowl choked? It looks like i have to get HDB officer to check on all these things whether have any problems before engaging my own contractor.

Wah circuit breaker melted and toilet bowl choked? It looks like i have to get HDB officer to check on all these things whether have any problems before engaging my own contractor.

haha... that's the prob... this thing u can't check... cos it only happen later... sighz... and by then... it's too late...

haha... that's the prob... this thing u can't check... cos it only happen later... sighz... and by then... it's too late...

May i know the whole situation? I am very interested. If dun mind, can post ur melted photo? Thanks.

May i know the whole situation? I am very interested. If dun mind, can post ur melted photo? Thanks.

ehh... i dun have the photo with me leh... let me try to get it ya... haha

situation is...

1am... burning smell... cannot find source... close windows to isolate source :dunno:

1.30am... WII PARTY!!! :sport-smiley-004:

3am... more burning smell.... :curse:

3.30am... blackout :o

3.35am... discovered the circuit board thing got melted, dented, very warm on 1 side. switched off the mains **** scared... :jawdrop:

3.40am... call fire department :help:

3.45am... firemen + police came . did some fixing... switch on partial mains :bow:

4am... everything back to normal, except no lights in living room and kitchen area. :good:

5am... electrician from HDB came with nothing in hand!!! say he can't do anything... ask us to call our own electrician :furious:

ehh... i dun have the photo with me leh... let me try to get it ya... haha

situation is...

1am... burning smell... cannot find source... close windows to isolate source :dunno:

1.30am... WII PARTY!!! :sport-smiley-004:

3am... more burning smell.... :curse:

3.30am... blackout :o

3.35am... discovered the circuit board thing got melted, dented, very warm on 1 side. switched off the mains **** scared... :jawdrop:

3.40am... call fire department :help:

3.45am... firemen + police came . did some fixing... switch on partial mains :bow:

4am... everything back to normal, except no lights in living room and kitchen area. :good:

5am... electrician from HDB came with nothing in hand!!! say he can't do anything... ask us to call our own electrician :furious:

Is ur electrican licensed? I think he overloaded ur circuit board or else how come hdb electrican wont help u to solve?

Is ur electrican licensed? I think he overloaded ur circuit board or else how come hdb electrican wont help u to solve?

well... we did nothing to the circuit board. in condition which hdb gave us.

not sure if the electrician is from h*b or not... it was listed as the 24hrs electrician in some of the papers that h*b gave us when we got the house and coincidentally the same electrician which the fire department contacted.

the electrician that came? he brought NOTHING with him. how can he resolve anything? duh... some kind of electrician... he came EMPTY HANDED! even the firemen came with toolkit lar! faintz...

if there's anyone to doubt... i doubt the empty handed "electrician".

or maybe he is angry that he had to work at 5am in the morning and he's not awake... duh....

oh... anyway... the phone number of the 24hr electrician listed in the paper that h*b gave... it's wrong! duh duh duh...

Edited by blueturtle

well... we did nothing to the circuit board. in condition which hdb gave us.

not sure if the electrician is from h*b or not... it was listed as the 24hrs electrician in some of the papers that h*b gave us when we got the house and coincidentally the same electrician which the fire department contacted.

the electrician that came? he brought NOTHING with him. how can he resolve anything? duh... some kind of electrician... he came EMPTY HANDED! even the firemen came with toolkit lar! faintz...

if there's anyone to doubt... i doubt the empty handed "electrician".

or maybe he is angry that he had to work at 5am in the morning and he's not awake... duh....

oh... anyway... the phone number of the 24hr electrician listed in the paper that h*b gave... it's wrong! duh duh duh...

U self find ur electrician? not recommended by ur ID? what u mean coincidentally the same electrican? U mean it is the same electrican that u all employed to do ur hse wiring n the fire dept contacted? By the way r u staying in Sembawang? I check with my HDB officer he mentioned he no heard of the circuit board burnt case.

U self find ur electrician? not recommended by ur ID? what u mean coincidentally the same electrican? U mean it is the same electrican that u all employed to do ur hse wiring n the fire dept contacted? By the way r u staying in Sembawang? I check with my HDB officer he mentioned he no heard of the circuit board burnt case.

reno electrician by my ID. but they never do anything to the circuit board. it's in the condition hdb gave.

the 24hr electrician listed in the emergency number list that hdb gave is the same electrician the firemen called for us.

electrician came and tell us to find our own electrician to fix the prob... cos it's not his prob... *duh... what kind of crap is that???*

circuit board burnt cases story... told to me by my id's electrician who kindly came down to fix the problem for us

yes. we stay in sembawang.

Edited by blueturtle

reno electrician by my ID. but they never do anything to the circuit board. it's in the condition hdb gave.

the 24hr electrician listed in the emergency number list that hdb gave is the same electrician the firemen called for us.

electrician came and tell us to find our own electrician to fix the prob... cos it's not his prob... *duh... what kind of crap is that???*

circuit board burnt cases story... told to me by my id's electrician who kindly came down to fix the problem for us

yes. we stay in sembawang.

Hello, after seeing yr "post".. wonder if yr case the same as mine :dunno:

During the clearing defect with HDB, (closing to completion), my electrician (by my ID) perform insulation test on the circuit breaker (if I dun recall the name of the test wrong)

After a while he told me he can’t do the wiring for my house as the test fail :jawdrop: . He shown me the reading and explain that when the circuit was pull down, the reading for one of the point on the circuit breaker was 10 time higher than normal. :bangwall:

He mentions there some issues with the wiring or the point. So if after renov work,, with all the light fix up and other things turn on… the reading could be 100 time more resulting in “blackout” or worst. :bangwall:

To resolve the issues, he can do it for a cost of $500 to $600 :deal: or report to the HDB asking them to resolve the issues. We choose the later option. After a day or two after we report the defect, HDB officer call me saying it normal that this thing happened and nothing can be or needs to be done. :furious:

I told him I would be applying for a PUB testing on the wiring after my reno work thus my electrician start work until the issues had been resolved. If there unable to solve the issues, I can ask my electrician to do it but I would bill HDB. Officer mention he ask his electrician to look further into.

After a few days later, they told me it done which my electrician verifies the reading to be at a safe level.

Not sure, if your case the same as mine but just wish to share and highlight to all new owners who is now undergoing clearing defect or renov work to ask yr electrician for a insulation test… if U think that U want to be on a safer side, can inform yr electrician that you want a PUB test to the certifies that your house electrical had been done properly. :D

sorry for the long post :D

Edited by who_am_I

During the clearing defect with HDB, (closing to completion), my electrician (by my ID) perform insulation test on the circuit breaker (if I dun recall the name of the test wrong)

After a while he told me he can’t do the wiring for my house as the test fail :jawdrop: . He shown me the reading and explain that when the circuit was pull down, the reading for one of the point on the circuit breaker was 10 time higher than normal. :bangwall:

He mentions there some issues with the wiring or the point. So if after renov work,, with all the light fix up and other things turn on… the reading could be 100 time more resulting in “blackout” or worst. :bangwall:

To resolve the issues, he can do it for a cost of $500 to $600 :deal: or report to the HDB asking them to resolve the issues. We choose the later option. After a day or two after we report the defect, HDB officer call me saying it normal that this thing happened and nothing can be or needs to be done. :furious:

I told him I would be applying for a PUB testing on the wiring after my reno work thus my electrician start work until the issues had been resolved. If there unable to solve the issues, I can ask my electrician to do it but I would bill HDB. Officer mention he ask his electrician to look further into.

After a few days later, they told me it done which my electrician verifies the reading to be at a safe level.

Not sure, if your case the same as mine but just wish to share and highlight to all new owners who is now undergoing clearing defect or renov work to ask yr electrician for a insulation test… if U think that U want to be on a safer side, can inform yr electrician that you want a PUB test to the certifies that your house electrical had been done properly. :D

Hey thanks for the sharing! :good: i think this is very informative. maybe some of the units have these issues that hdb don't know of. later with the reno and stuff then the problem surface, and we don't know the origin of the probelm le. i tink u got a very experience electrician :) that probaly save u some $$. Will do as wat u advice before i start reno. Thanks again!!

Wow...haven't logged in for quite a while and lots of things happening huh...circuit breaker burn, toilet choke, electrical test fail...what have we?

Heehee...my house is fully done up now with the single shelf under my wall mount TV in the room and the bomb shelter 'cover' done up. Don't think will be doing any thing else major again. Check my T-blog for the pix.

BTW my master toilet also choke after arwena reported her problem, think it must be the curse of the arwena. Didn't have time to go down HDB but they happened to called me about my fallen toilet door. Oh, did I mention my entire master toilet door fall off? HDB say its the first of it's kind (then again, everything to them seems to be the 1st time). So they came and fixed it up, and after about a few weeks called me just to ensure everything is ok. So took the opportunity to tell him about the choke. Plumber came same day afternoon, dug out tons of cement, stones, whatever...took picture and left. So far so good (fingers, toes, legs, hand all crossed).

Before that if 2-3 person bathed after one another, or if one bathe and the other use the sink, it will choke. I put it down to stupid design also.

HDB flats, always full of surprises.

R u also staying in sembawang? So how do u manage to get the HDB officer to check? I ask my HDB officer to check he said he never encounter such problems. How?

Wow...haven't logged in for quite a while and lots of things happening huh...circuit breaker burn, toilet choke, electrical test fail...what have we?

Heehee...my house is fully done up now with the single shelf under my wall mount TV in the room and the bomb shelter 'cover' done up. Don't think will be doing any thing else major again. Check my T-blog for the pix.

BTW my master toilet also choke after arwena reported her problem, think it must be the curse of the arwena. Didn't have time to go down HDB but they happened to called me about my fallen toilet door. Oh, did I mention my entire master toilet door fall off? HDB say its the first of it's kind (then again, everything to them seems to be the 1st time). So they came and fixed it up, and after about a few weeks called me just to ensure everything is ok. So took the opportunity to tell him about the choke. Plumber came same day afternoon, dug out tons of cement, stones, whatever...took picture and left. So far so good (fingers, toes, legs, hand all crossed).

Before that if 2-3 person bathed after one another, or if one bathe and the other use the sink, it will choke. I put it down to stupid design also.

HDB flats, always full of surprises.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: uber scary! hw come the door fell? did anyone get hurt? wow... drama leh... hmmm the water in my toilet sink seems to be a bit slow in draining away... maybe inside also have dirty things... hmmm... il wait til something happens bah....

after readin the previous posts... im quite scared leh... hubby has gone for rerservist for 2 weeks... so im alone at home... he wil book out this sunday am after live firing on sat and book back in sunday night... then must tahan til next week friday before he is back in my arms again... hehehe... til then i really pray nth major happens at home... if not... anyone willing to let me bunk in? :notti:

hehehehehhe kidding....