Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Don

Giving Up A Bto Flat Under The Fiancé/fiancée Scheme

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate if you could share with me your experience or maybe someone whom you know experience what i am through now. Or could advice me on the procedures.

Me & my bf applied & got a BTO flat under the fiancé/fiancée scheme (we have yet to ROM). We were granted the additional housing grant (AHG) and had signed the lease of agreement (paid a 5% downpayment with stamp duty etc).

However now my & my bf have seperated.

1) I would like to know what are the procedures for letting go of the unit & also whether we could get back the downpayment?

2) Is there a difference if we inform HDB now to cancel the transaction or wait til the flat is completed then we just dont produce the ROM cert? Will there be penalty for the latter?

3) In future if I want to apply for HDB flat again, am I still considered a 1st-timer?

Could anyone please share with me what you know? If not convenient to post here, please email me at 83dondon@gmail.com. Really hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a million

Don

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry that your relationship doesn't work out.

HDB will be the right person to answer all your questions.

1) I would like to know what are the procedures for letting go of the unit & also whether we could get back the downpayment?

Check with HDB for the procedure, u may forfeit your down payment. Can get MP to help. About 10 years back, I had a friend that apply for new flat under the FFS, pay 5k deposit from CPF account, but in the end wanted to buy resale flat. He cancelled his application but was told that 5k bye bye, in the end get MP to help make HDB cough out the 5k.

2) Is there a difference if we inform HDB now to cancel the transaction or wait til the flat is completed then we just dont produce the ROM cert? Will there be penalty for the latter?

Once completion, HDB will ask u to complete the transaction and take over the unit. So it is a matter of time whether u face the music now or later.

3) In future if I want to apply for HDB flat again, am I still considered a 1st-timer?

I think should be first timer.

Sorry that your relationship doesn't work out.

HDB will be the right person to answer all your questions.

Check with HDB for the procedure, u may forfeit your down payment. Can get MP to help. About 10 years back, I had a friend that apply for new flat under the FFS, pay 5k deposit from CPF account, but in the end wanted to buy resale flat. He cancelled his application but was told that 5k bye bye, in the end get MP to help make HDB cough out the 5k.

Once completion, HDB will ask u to complete the transaction and take over the unit. So it is a matter of time whether u face the music now or later.

I think should be first timer.

Thks so much chronograph. U're the only one that replied me. I have called HDB.. 5% downpayment all forfeited & the grant have to pay back with interested in CASH..

Thks so much chronograph. U're the only one that replied me. I have called HDB.. 5% downpayment all forfeited & the grant have to pay back with interested in CASH..

hi Don,

i did managed to get back my $5k on deposit through a letter appeal, but didn't comment cos i don't think it is the same case as what you are going through.

while i understand that the downpayment is forfeited, i think the rationale of paying back the disbursed grant with interest in CASH is a bit harsh. People took the AHG is for reasons of 'lower' income ceiling and need the additional grant to assist in reducing cash payout in mortgage loan. Expecting a 'lower' income applicant to cough back the disbursed grant in CASH due to a failed relationship on top of forfeiting the 5% downpayment is a triple whammy. If the AHG is too hugh, you may want to try to appeal for repayment back using CPF money. If it is managable, might as well return them back the $.

JMHO.

that really sounds like a very harsh punishment. are you able to go to Meet your MP session to ask him/her to write an appeal letter for you? maybe it will help, good luck

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate if you could share with me your experience or maybe someone whom you know experience what i am through now. Or could advice me on the procedures.

Me & my bf applied & got a BTO flat under the fiancé/fiancée scheme (we have yet to ROM). We were granted the additional housing grant (AHG) and had signed the lease of agreement (paid a 5% downpayment with stamp duty etc).

However now my & my bf have seperated.

Could anyone please share with me what you know? If not convenient to post here, please email me at 83dondon@gmail.com. Really hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks a million

Don

hi Don, i can only help on your (3) based on a fren's experience....yes, you will be considered 1st time when u apply again..

take care...life goes on....be strong..