Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
morriselma

Drill To A Concrete Wall

i bought this drop leaf table at ikea and realized it only came with screws to assemble it, but no screws to attach to the wall. whats the best way if i wanted it screwed to a cement wall? What do i need to buy? Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i bought this drop leaf table at ikea and realized it only came with screws to assemble it, but no screws to attach to the wall. whats the best way if i wanted it screwed to a cement wall? What do i need to buy? Thanks!

Hi there,

You will need a to drill the wall and screw in the table.

Equipment needed:

- Electric Driller (recommended those with hammer action for future investment) Ard $100+ or borrow from people.

- Screwdriver.

- Drill Bit & wall plug ( Go the the hardware shop and ask the person for a wall plug and drill bit to fit the wall plug size.) If u are putting heavy things on the table, you might want to use the heavy duty wall plug and get a longer screw with it.

BTW, you can know morre by asking the staff at the hardware shop.. They will gladly show you how.

Good luck

Cheers...

yup. you need to drill into the wall using a hammer drill. Then slot in the wall plug into the wall.

After that you can screw into the wall plug and attach your table

maxbond it to the wall. haha. a kind of construction glue. maxbond glue

Maxbond is in a tube and you need a gun to push it out of the pointed outlet to apply the adhesive. I use it extensively for all my DIY work,like sticking mirrors to walls and including sticking up my deco wall which is quite heavy.Cost about $4.50 a tube at hardware shops. Only problem, it is brown in colour

Edited by fierydragon

any idea what kind of 'hammer drill (rotary drill?)' buy?

got wireless-battery charged hammer drill?

to drill wall plugs into concrete wall for hanging mirrors, other fixtures etc?

can use at lower speed for screws into wood & metal?

any idea what kind of 'hammer drill (rotary drill?)' buy?

got wireless-battery charged hammer drill?

to drill wall plugs into concrete wall for hanging mirrors, other fixtures etc?

can use at lower speed for screws into wood & metal?

cordless hammer drill could be very expensive...

yes, you can lower the speed to use it as screw driver, but i think a separate cordless screen driver is more convenient

cordless hammer drill could be very expensive...

yes, you can lower the speed to use it as screw driver, but i think a separate cordless screen driver is more convenient

really quite clueless, only drill in screws before.

you are right seperate cordless drill is lighter but need to save some $$ & jus get one drill for all home-projects

any idea what are the common drill bits to get for screws , wall plugs etc?

whether need to get separate & extra drill bits?

market prices?

so far corless dewalt 9V is $100

bosch hammer drill is $143 at home fix (do you know what is the minimum drill depth requiremnet for wall plusg?)

thanks in advance

Edited by 2010huat

Cordless drill is only good for driving screw into plywood or soft timber. It is not powerful for drilling of metal or any hard material, the coil worn out easily.

Cordless drill is only good for driving screw into plywood or soft timber. It is not powerful for drilling of metal or any hard material, the coil worn out easily.

so must buy hammer drill if need to drill metal, concrete wall , thicker wood?

hammer drill = rotary drill is it?

what minimum Volt & Speed rpm , reliable brand of hammer drill to buy?

any cordless hammer drills?

thanks in adv

so must buy hammer drill if need to drill metal, concrete wall , thicker wood?

hammer drill = rotary drill is it?

what minimum Volt & Speed rpm , reliable brand of hammer drill to buy?

any cordless hammer drills?

thanks in adv

if you buy the home fix drill will be wasting your money. firstly, rotary drills can contain drill bits up to 22mm, the homefix one is only 10mm and its not a proper rotary one. means alot of wall plugs cannot drill. got many wall plugs very huge, like the lcd type and for punching bag. that one i think about 15mm. i think if you buy a good bosch rotary for 22mm can cost up to 270. those large scale hardware shops selling. I bought the makita version for 240 before.

Get one good drill and you can do alot of diy. hehe. Battery drill got can drill walls one. I think its htachi or something. one piece about 599 at rsonline. for contractors who cannot get hold of power plugs and shipping industry

if you buy the home fix drill will be wasting your money. firstly, rotary drills can contain drill bits up to 22mm, the homefix one is only 10mm and its not a proper rotary one. means alot of wall plugs cannot drill. got many wall plugs very huge, like the lcd type and for punching bag. that one i think about 15mm. i think if you buy a good bosch rotary for 22mm can cost up to 270. those large scale hardware shops selling. I bought the makita version for 240 before.

Get one good drill and you can do alot of diy. hehe. Battery drill got can drill walls one. I think its htachi or something. one piece about 599 at rsonline. for contractors who cannot get hold of power plugs and shipping industry

thanks

mmm so buy rotary/hammer drill with wires minimum 22mm, can drill walls? ( considered soft brick rt?) to hang stuff like lcd bracket is gd enough ,

limlim can pm me shop whhere u bought $240makita 22mm rotary drill, thanks

RS online prices very high

Edited by 2010huat

another alternative is to borrow hammer drill from IKEA

they provide this service free of charge.

you just require to give them $100 deposit and they will return it back once you finish using it.

no need to buy expensive drill to drill one or two hole only

:D