Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
morriselma

Drill To A Concrete Wall

Hammer drill not really that expensive, Homefix & self-fix jack up the price too high liao .

The SKILL brand hammer drill 550W, comes with drill bits which i bought amk ind park 2 only around $60.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
another alternative is to borrow hammer drill from IKEA

they provide this service free of charge.

you just require to give them $100 deposit and they will return it back once you finish using it.

no need to buy expensive drill to drill one or two hole only

:D

really ? thx

rentals are hammer drills ? thinking of hanging ikea big wall mirrors...

Bro SKII drill you bought expensive liao. I saw at ntuc extra cost 39.90 with the case and drill bits. Haha. But my friend said if you heavy usage, very fast spoil. Got another brand cost 33.90 only.

hi all,

kinda of reviving this old thread. Am trying to assess on drilling into my hdb concrete wall, however my hammer drill bosch 400w though can drill but can't penetrate through the wall deep enough. Is it something wrong with my drilling method or the drill is not the right "sizing"? And oso could some one advise on the some principles on the drilling technique and the distance from wall socket (and how to assess if the wall is ok to be drilled). i had attempted drilling 3 holes in my houses, all ended in failure. Trying to fix a simple ikea shelf but unable to do it and house not nice due to the holes..i am now trying to assess on drilling holes for wall fan. thanks

drill set to hammer mode?

Drill bit is meant for concrete and still servicable (not blunt)?

If all above is ok, then probably is u did not push the drill hard enough into the wall.

The only time I could not penertrate deep enough is cos kena the reinforcement bar, or when I tried to drill a Grade 60 concrete.

drill set to hammer mode?

Drill bit is meant for concrete and still servicable (not blunt)?

If all above is ok, then probably is u did not push the drill hard enough into the wall.

The only time I could not penertrate deep enough is cos kena the reinforcement bar, or when I tried to drill a Grade 60 concrete.

thanks for your input,

yes i had taken special note on the hammer drill settings, the drill bought is masonary type and blunt wise, i unsure, cos the first time i use, i blur blur go and drill in my household shelter interior cos want to try out in a non-obvious place and to put some shelves in it.

i see the workers do the drilling, very very fast, but how come i do, so difficult? wondering if the drill need to be a 1000w and above to do so. is it new hdb wall tend to be very very hard?

Just got myself a Bosch GSB RE16 Professional at $140 comes with drill bits for wood,steel and concrete,best can use for tightening and loosening screw all accessories comes with it.

To me its good enough coz household don't need big bulky drill :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks the video is helpful but it show drilling thru brick instead of concrete wall, which I believe we need a hammering action instead of drilling. btw may I ask where u get ur bosch? is 700w enuf for drilling thru nowadays hdb wall ?

Thanks the video is helpful but it show drilling thru brick instead of concrete wall, which I believe we need a hammering action instead of drilling. btw may I ask where u get ur bosch? is 700w enuf for drilling thru nowadays hdb wall ?

I got my bosch drill from Lavender area the shop house opp esso station there's a motor bike accessories shop

walk straight u is lavender food court

Bro here's the spec for GSB 16 RE Professional

■Powerful 701 watts

■Forward/reverse rotation

■Electronic control for exact pilot drilling

■Speed preselection with setting wheel

■Softgrip for a secure hold

■Rotating brush plate for constant power in reverse and forward rotation

■Spindle collar diameter of 43 mm (European standard) – can be used in drill stands

Rated power input:710W

No-load speed:0-3,000rpm

Power output:351W

Weight:1.9KG

Chuck capacity:13mm

Drilling range

Drilling dia. in concrete:16mm

Drilling dia. in wood:30mm

Drilling dia. in steel:12mm

Drilling dia. in masonry:18mm

Functions

■Infinitely variable speed control

■Forward/reverse operation

■Electronic

■Softgrip

I'm looking for strong nails that can be hammered onto concrete walls, instead of drilling. Found the black steel nails in a hardware store, but still bend when hammered.

Any suggestion where can i find the right one? Thanks

I'm looking for strong nails that can be hammered onto concrete walls, instead of drilling. Found the black steel nails in a hardware store, but still bend when hammered.

Any suggestion where can i find the right one? Thanks

U need to let them know u need concrete nails instead

Coz material diff

I intent to buy a Bosch GSB RE 10 Impact drill for IKEA Besta set. Is the impact drill good enough for concrete wall or I need hammer drill? I have checked the specs, it can drill hole 10mm on wall. Not sure it is good enough for the wall plugs/anchors for Besta set. Anyone use the Drill before. I saw Home-Fix selling for $99 with complete accessories.

I intent to buy a Bosch GSB RE 10 Impact drill for IKEA Besta set. Is the impact drill good enough for concrete wall or I need hammer drill? I have checked the specs, it can drill hole 10mm on wall. Not sure it is good enough for the wall plugs/anchors for Besta set. Anyone use the Drill before. I saw Home-Fix selling for $99 with complete accessories.

Erm, so have to get a drill separately if I want to fix Besta on the wall? Cos I intend to get a besta shelf.