Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

was informed by minimalis of Hansgrohe promo

Just dropped them an email and they got back rather promptly, there is a storewide 25% disc for Citibank card holders from now till end-March. Sounds like a good deal! smile.gif

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
erm that reno bill of 8840.21 only includes all the hacking, wetworks, walls, plastering, tiling, painting. does not include carpentry (as total items not completely purchased yet), electrical+plumbing (which i already listed separately), glass works (as total pricing not confirmed yet), door works (total pricing not confirmed yet). 8840.21 only includes the hacking by 1st contractor, paying the 2nd contractor for labour cost, raw materials and tiles. the rest of the cost for items purchased you can see in my signature

ic.. i have been noticing this for a long time also, how come the cost never increase one after so long... hahaha

Guest Goobii
ooo i see. is this for the baby fan or the alpha v6 or both?

thanks for the advice!

both

Day 41

Sun Sun Glass installed shower glass today (Thursday)

Left fixed panel and right sliding door (i like how the top track and bottom U channel are both flushed to the beam on top and tiles below) :D

showerq.jpg

Inner fixed panel to divide shower area and basin area

shower2z.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $0

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Plumbing: $880 (remaining $380)

Electrical: $2000 (remaining $500)

Shower glassworks: $1050

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21+880+2000+1050 = $12770.21

subscribed to Mio Home 46.90 per month for 6mbps + mio tv + fixed line, will be installed on next Friday 5 Feb :D

the following is some sharing from my experience with sun sun glass and besglas

my personal experience is that besglas quote low before site measurement, but charge higher after site measurement. this doesn't make sense because you already paid deposit based on the low quote but have to pay higher after site measurement since deposit is secured. so to me, it seems like they're baiting with low quote and after you pay deposit, they charge higher due to whatever reasons. i was quoted $x for doing my kitchen door, after site measurement, it became $(x+180). i made noise and they dropped down to $(x+120).

sun sun glass email quoted me low but after site measurement quoted me high, but price is negotiable after site measurement as deposit not paid yet. deposit is only paid after site measurement upon confirmation. hence you can still bargain the price down before you pay deposit. for me, i was quoted $y via email for doing my shower area but after site measurement i was quoted $(y+200). after bargain, became $(y+50) then agreed and paid deposit.

sun sun glass quoted me lower than besglas for shower area, and besglas quoted me lower than sun sun glass for kitchen so i just ask sun sun glass to do my shower area and besglas to do my kitchen.

both sun sun glass and besglas did site measurement at the same time but sun sun glass installed 9 days after, besglas wants me to wait till after CNY.

Edited by ossify

Day 41

Sun Sun Glass installed shower glass today (Thursday)

subscribed to Mio Home 46.90 per month for 6mbps + mio tv + fixed line, will be installed on next Friday 5 Feb :D

the following is some sharing from my experience with sun sun glass and besglas

my personal experience is that besglas quote low before site measurement, but charge higher after site measurement. this doesn't make sense because you already paid deposit based on the low quote but have to pay higher after site measurement since deposit is secured. so to me, it seems like they're baiting with low quote and after you pay deposit, they charge higher due to whatever reasons. i was quoted $x for doing my kitchen door, after site measurement, it became $(x+180). i made noise and they dropped down to $(x+120).

sun sun glass email quoted me low but after site measurement quoted me high, but price is negotiable after site measurement as deposit not paid yet. deposit is only paid after site measurement upon confirmation. hence you can still bargain the price down before you pay deposit. for me, i was quoted $y via email for doing my shower area but after site measurement i was quoted $(y+200). after bargain, became $(y+50) then agreed and paid deposit.

sun sun glass quoted me lower than besglas for shower area, and besglas quoted me lower than sun sun glass for kitchen so i just ask sun sun glass to do my shower area and besglas to do my kitchen.

both sun sun glass and besglas did site measurement at the same time but sun sun glass installed 9 days after, besglas wants me to wait till after CNY.

i too encounter this for my 3 panel glass door, price quoted was price A from the sales rep, but the measurement guy demand top up of amount X need to carry up and etc. in the end the sales rep came down to neg with us for price B. and we said we are going to pay price C for 4 panel glass door as we felt that after paying the deposit it is consider an legal binding contract.

so in the end we paid price C.. which is by sheer luck that we can get that low price. hope this is not too confusing. :) luckily the sales rep is very accommodating as we wanted them to install it within 2 weeks..

Edited by momo13

i too encounter this for my 3 panel glass door, price quoted was price A from the sales rep, but the measurement guy demand top up of amount X need to carry up and etc. in the end the sales rep came down to neg with us for price B. and we said we are going to pay price C for 4 panel glass door as we felt that after paying the deposit it is consider an legal binding contract.

so in the end we paid price C.. which is by sheer luck that we can get that low price. hope this is not too confusing. :) luckily the sales rep is very accommodating as we wanted them to install it within 2 weeks..

can you elaborate what is X (top up requested), B in terms of A (eg. A+300), and C in terms of A (eg. A+200)?

ps. seems like a standard practice to bait and catch

Edited by ossify

Day 42

Ikea PAX and BILLY installed today (Friday)

My MBR wardrobe+storage (from left: Billy 40cm with black glass swing door, Elga 145cm with mirror sliding door, Pax 100cm with mirror swing door)

billyelgapax.jpg

Added a partially clear glass door with flower motives to billy shelf (need to childproof it in future)

billydoor.jpg

Glass door bought from ASIS at $45

nykelby.jpg

shifted my move-in till next Friday due to the following reasons:

1) unavailability of 590mm sink (out of stock)

2) movers truck broke down (seems like a common excuse when they secure higher paying jobs)

3) door works postponed

4) plumbing works postponed

just realized that my Billy in my MBR has a concealed switch with a exposed k-box (see above pic). wonder why electrician doesn't want to flush it.

most likely going to put my irobot on the far left side of my tv console (under the tv console between the legs)

pang giap got back to me saying that my top hung bi-fold door can be done tomorrow, together with my swing door. great :D door works finally to be done.

i still need to go to ikea to order 2x pax mirror doors, 1x elga mirror door, 1x 60cm lillagen sink, 3x 60cm wall cabinet, 8x 30cm doors for wall cabinet, assuming they're in stock.

need some opinions. i got a 600x460mm basin from poh joo at $150 which i wanted to use for my toilet but found that it couldn't fit due to bulge at the side. so i was thinking of using it in my mbr, but the 460mm means that my 400mm glass door wouldn't flush with it. also it obstructs my shower entrance which is 800mm, making it 740mm. the ikea 600x410mm basin would be more suitable as it flushes with the glass door and does not obstruct my shower entrance. should i get the ikea 600x410mm basin at $169?

Edited by ossify

Day 42

Ikea PAX and BILLY installed today (Friday)

shifted my move-in till next Friday due to the following reasons:

1) unavailability of 590mm sink (out of stock)

2) movers truck broke down (seems like a common excuse when they secure higher paying jobs)

3) door works postponed

4) plumbing works postponed

just realized that my Billy in my MBR has a concealed switch with a exposed k-box (see above pic). wonder why electrician doesn't want to flush it.

most likely going to put my irobot on the far left side of my tv console (under the tv console between the legs)

pang giap got back to me saying that my top hung bi-fold door can be done tomorrow, together with my swing door. great :D door works finally to be done.

i still need to go to ikea to order 2x pax mirror doors, 1x elga mirror door, 1x 60cm lillagen sink, 3x 60cm wall cabinet, 8x 30cm doors for wall cabinet, assuming they're in stock.

need some opinions. i got a 600x460mm basin from poh joo at $150 which i wanted to use for my toilet but found that it couldn't fit due to bulge at the side. so i was thinking of using it in my mbr, but the 460mm means that my 400mm glass door wouldn't flush with it. also it obstructs my shower entrance which is 800mm, making it 740mm. the ikea 600x410mm basin would be more suitable as it flushes with the glass door and does not obstruct my shower entrance. should i get the ikea 600x410mm basin at $169?

cannot change to another basin from poh joo? 5cm might be not much but if you are particular, it might turn out to be an eyesore.

Hi ossify,

May I know where u bought this from?

Thanks.

Eric

Hi ossify,

I am also interested to know as i was told that $240 nett is the best price le..

Thanks!

cannot change to another basin from poh joo? 5cm might be not much but if you are particular, it might turn out to be an eyesore.

i bought the ikea basin for my shower room today already. the poh joo one will have to go to the toilet. i need some help to grind the wall tiles by 2-3mm so that my basin can fit :P

Hi ossify,

May I know where u bought this from?

Thanks.

Eric

Hi ossify,

I am also interested to know as i was told that $240 nett is the best price le..

Thanks!

http://www.besttoiletbowl.com/1toiletbowl.php

$200 nett is the best price i found, 2nd best price was $199+GST

who told you $240 is the best price? :P

everything ordered, except for my pax mirror doors, have to wait till march :(

oh, pang giap could only come later than the time agreed on so i had to postpone their installation date again. 2nd time already :(

Edited by ossify

http://www.besttoiletbowl.com/1toiletbowl.php

$200 nett is the best price i found, 2nd best price was $199+GST

who told you $240 is the best price? :P

everything ordered, except for my pax mirror doors, have to wait till march :(

oh, pang giap could only come later than the time agreed on so i had to postpone their installation date again. 2nd time already :(

Can get 1 piece toilet bowl from GR link at this price also, just bought one from them today. :)

Good thing is that they have 4 or 5 models to choose from.

Ossify, do you know if there will be any problem with using top-hung bifold doors? Heard that the door will be shaky and water might splash out at the bottom...

Can get 1 piece toilet bowl from GR link at this price also, just bought one from them today. :)

Good thing is that they have 4 or 5 models to choose from.

Ossify, do you know if there will be any problem with using top-hung bifold doors? Heard that the door will be shaky and water might splash out at the bottom...

GR link wanted to charge me for delivery (but if you buy more from them, they will have free delivery), so I didn't get from them. Anyway I didn't notice any baron in their shop. I prefer baron :)

I bought a malaysian omni italia tap $39 and a cube shaped stop cock for bidet $10 from them though :)

as for the top-hung bifold doors, I can only give my comments after using it. I guess if the workmanship and sliding mechanism is good, it will not be shaky. It's true that water may splash out at the bottom if you install your door on top of the curb, but I am installing it behind my curb so it's very unlikely even if you intentionally try to splash it out.

attached is a pic of my curb, i guess you can visualize the position of my bifold door

wc1.jpg

oh ya, quick update on the sink in my toilet issue, my 1st contractor wanted to charge me $150 to remove the side tile, put the basin in and cut the tile to fit and put it back. but this would lead to a big hole in my wall tiles if for some reason i need to replace my sink.

hence my conviction is to either grind it down or get a new sink :D

i'll probably get the 590x460mm sink ($160 from Crizto) instead of the 595x465mm sink ($850 from Vero by Duravit)

Crizto

CCB-8017-WT(590x460x160).jpg

Product Name : Crizto Rectangular Artistic Basin With Tap Hole

Product Model : CCB-8017-WT

Description : Dimension: L590mm X W460mm X H160mm

Depth: D105mm

Weight: 18Kg

Type: Wall Hung

Base Type: Flat

Vero by Duravit

50837_web_prod_normal.jpg

80420_web_tech_draw.gif

595 mm 595 x 465 mm 18,400 kg

Sanitary ceramics with the special WonderGliss surface finish will remain clean and attractive-looking for a long time to come.

That also means that I need to sell off my Poh Joo OEM 600x465mm sink. anybody interested? :D

Edited by ossify

GR link wanted to charge me for delivery (but if you buy more from them, they will have free delivery), so I didn't get from them. Anyway I didn't notice any baron in their shop. I prefer baron :)

I bought a malaysian omni italia tap $39 and a cube shaped stop cock for bidet $10 from them though :)

as for the top-hung bifold doors, I can only give my comments after using it. I guess if the workmanship and sliding mechanism is good, it will not be shaky. It's true that water may splash out at the bottom if you install your door on top of the curb, but I am installing it behind my curb so it's very unlikely even if you intentionally try to splash it out.

attached is a pic of my curb, i guess you can visualize the position of my bifold door

wc1.jpg

oh ya, quick update on the sink in my toilet issue, my 1st contractor wanted to charge me $150 to remove the side tile, put the basin in and cut the tile to fit and put it back. but this would lead to a big hole in my wall tiles if for some reason i need to replace my sink.

hence my conviction is to either grind it down or get a new sink :D

i'll probably get the 590x460mm sink ($160 from Crizto) instead of the 595x465mm sink ($850 from Vero by Duravit)

Crizto

CCB-8017-WT(590x460x160).jpg

Product Name : Crizto Rectangular Artistic Basin With Tap Hole

Product Model : CCB-8017-WT

Description : Dimension: L590mm X W460mm X H160mm

Depth: D105mm

Weight: 18Kg

Type: Wall Hung

Base Type: Flat

Vero by Duravit

50837_web_prod_normal.jpg

80420_web_tech_draw.gif

595 mm 595 x 465 mm 18,400 kg

Sanitary ceramics with the special WonderGliss surface finish will remain clean and attractive-looking for a long time to come.

That also means that I need to sell off my Poh Joo OEM 600x465mm sink. anybody interested? :D

bifold door behind curb is a good idea, y didnt i thought of iy initially... um...