Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

you asked me in this thread, i answered already, you didn't see? :(

for my hacking contractor, i just ask the hdb licensed contractors. as for the rest, you can DIY so anyone can do it. but you must get professionals :D i just observe what needs to be done and do it. you can observe my procedures and follow, where applicable :D or you can hire me as consultant :D

OMG :bangwall: ... took me the whole day looking for this post..Finally, i can ask my questions..hehehe

1st question : you mention that you ask the the hdb licensed contractors for your hacking contractors. But hor, there are thousands of hdb licensed contractors. How did u do it? Did you "tikam" and pray hard they r the best? Or did someone recommend u these guys? How do i truly know they r professionals??

2nd question : you used 2 different contractors rite for hacking? first was Ronald from Designer House and 2nd was "mystery contractor". Subsequently, for building of walls, waterproofing, cement screeding,plastering, etc.. you used which contractor??

Pls enlighten me who is very blur sotong...Thanks!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
OMG :bangwall: ... took me the whole day looking for this post..Finally, i can ask my questions..hehehe

1st question : you mention that you ask the the hdb licensed contractors for your hacking contractors. But hor, there are thousands of hdb licensed contractors. How did u do it? Did you "tikam" and pray hard they r the best? Or did someone recommend u these guys? How do i truly know they r professionals??

2nd question : you used 2 different contractors rite for hacking? first was Ronald from Designer House and 2nd was "mystery contractor". Subsequently, for building of walls, waterproofing, cement screeding,plastering, etc.. you used which contractor??

Pls enlighten me who is very blur sotong...Thanks!!!

1. just ask all the contractors who are willing to do hacking only. hacking no need much... skill :P just need big hammer and hdb permit. but yes, he was recommended. i know they are professionals because they're recommended as such, they showed experience.

2. actually second contractor was myself :D on hindsight, i should have just asked ronald to hack it all. well, lesson learnt. for the rest of the works, i'm the contractor :D

1. just ask all the contractors who are willing to do hacking only. hacking no need much... skill :P just need big hammer and hdb permit. but yes, he was recommended. i know they are professionals because they're recommended as such, they showed experience.

2. actually second contractor was myself :D on hindsight, i should have just asked ronald to hack it all. well, lesson learnt. for the rest of the works, i'm the contractor :D

Woah!!! I am very tempted to appoint you as my contractor liow..hahahaha.. wat about the tiler? Err.. can you pls PM me you tiler n electrician phone number for my future reference ;) . What is difference betweeen screeding and plastering? Thanks!!

13 Feb 2009

finally had manpower to setup the dining table

diningu.jpg

Woah!!! I am very tempted to appoint you as my contractor liow..hahahaha.. wat about the tiler? Err.. can you pls PM me you tiler n electrician phone number for my future reference ;) . What is difference betweeen screeding and plastering? Thanks!!

ok, let me know when you want to reno :D

galley kitchen is the most space (and cost) efficient style. distance between is 3ft.

bargain more bro :D

Hmm.. seriously.. your kitchen look very crampy. 3ft = <1m distance? Thats really tight. And still have drawers/ cabinet doors to take up the space if need to open them.

Guest Goobii

Wah ~! Now I know why ur cost is less than mine... HAHA>..

House Agt contractor lobang can never fight with contractor cost price ... No wonder your price is so cheap... after doing so many things...

but will that affect ur business or not... later people ask u do the same like ur house at same price... then jia let ... cannot earn... ;p

when house warming... like to meet u in person leh.. then we can tag team and work together... got customer can recommend u too & vice verse...

Edited by Goobii

The dining table looks very familiar.

Ikea's galant :)

Hmm.. seriously.. your kitchen look very crampy. 3ft = <1m distance? Thats really tight. And still have drawers/ cabinet doors to take up the space if need to open them.

managed to squeeze a family of 6 into my kitchen during CNY :D but it's not cramped when 2 people are cooking/washing. usually don't need to open drawers/cabinets much while cooking.

Wah ~! Now I know why ur cost is less than mine... HAHA>..

House Agt contractor lobang can never fight with contractor cost price ... No wonder your price is so cheap... after doing so many things...

but will that affect ur business or not... later people ask u do the same like ur house at same price... then jia let ... cannot earn... ;p

when house warming... like to meet u in person leh.. then we can tag team and work together... got customer can recommend u too & vice verse...

no, you misunderstand :P i am only a self-appointed contractor :D it's definitely not contractor cost price, but probably quite close.

actually i am quite curious how much i can earn if i redo my reno at contractor price.

don't really have a date for house warming yet, still rather caught up with my unpacking. will rather have housewarming after my alpha v6 and besglas kitchen door are up :D

Guest Goobii
actually i am quite curious how much i can earn if i redo my reno at contractor price.

don't really have a date for house warming yet, still rather caught up with my unpacking. will rather have housewarming after my alpha v6 and besglas kitchen door are up :D

Contractor usually earn about 30% from whatever you request..

Oh ya.. just nice I needed contact for painted and cleaner ... do u have it? I got client asking about it as their budgets only $500 for painter.

3i model + 1room @ Ghim Moh.

Any lobang?

Edited by Goobii

Contractor usually earn about 30% from whatever you request..

Oh ya.. just nice I needed contact for painted and cleaner ... do u have it? I got client asking about it as their budgets only $500 for painter.

3i model + 1room @ Ghim Moh.

Any lobang?

bro, the cost of the sealer+paint will cost about $500 already :D

maybe you better ask them to DIY it.

but if you ask someone to do it, they will usually not spend $500 to buy good paint :P

hey bro ossify

can you pass me the contact for sun sun glass? I think from your thread they seem a better supplier to do up the glass door? I tried to google for them but cannot find.

Thanks in advance!

Day 46

Added doors to one side of my base cabinet

blumtandembox.jpg

Total cost for the day's work: $0

Hacking 50ft walls and clearing of debris: $1000

Accumulated cost for labour: $5500 (including clearing of debris)

Accumulated cost for raw materials: $2340.21

Plumbing: $880

Electrical: $2000 (remaining $100 for 2 ceiling fans)

Shower glassworks: $1050

Door works: $727

Total reno bill as of now: $8840.21+880+2000+1050+728 = $13497.21

hi ossify,

Your kitchen cabinet is from Ikea one, right? Does it come with the blum tandembox drawer and hinge or you installed them yourself one?

Thanks.

Eric

Edited by ericmar

hi ossify,

Your kitchen cabinet is from Ikea one, right? Does it come with the blum tandembox drawer and hinge or you installed them yourself one?

Thanks.

Eric

Yeap, Ikea. The drawer and hinge is from Ikea too. I installed everything myself, but if you want them to install for you, they can install for you at 6% of the purchase price.

Yeap, Ikea. The drawer and hinge is from Ikea too. I installed everything myself, but if you want them to install for you, they can install for you at 6% of the purchase price.

bro ossify, so far how's the performance of the ikea hinges and drawers? I'm torn between ikea ones or excel or hafele or hettich....talk about fickle-minded.. :rolleyes: of course price makes a difference to me cos too much spend on kitchen hubby will jump :furious: