Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Joel Ng

Is It True That We Need To Get Rom Within 100 Days?

my gf and i suppose to get ROM on 11th Aug 09 but her grandma pass away on the 5th,

i had heard that if such thing happen, normally the couple should get ROM or marriage within 100 day or 1 year later, is that correct?

or is it that we could only get marriage after 100 day over?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my gf and i suppose to get ROM on 11th Aug 09 but her grandma pass away on the 5th,

i had heard that if such thing happen, normally the couple should get ROM or marriage within 100 day or 1 year later, is that correct?

It is up to your beliefs right? So what do you guys believe?!

yes for me. last time my hubby grandma pass away, we got no choice but to hurry up and did everything in a rush. before the 100th day, or else have to wait for 3 years! not 1 year! Its the actual wedding chinese tea and wedding dinner i am toking about here.

We are both Buddhists by the way.

yes for me. last time my hubby grandma pass away, we got no choice but to hurry up and did everything in a rush. before the 100th day, or else have to wait for 3 years! not 1 year! Its the actual wedding chinese tea and wedding dinner i am toking about here.

We are both Buddhists by the way.

ya must be within that 100 days otherwise gotta wait for 3 years. Yup its the customary that people are referring to since ROM is more of the legal aspect. My mum told me that my uncle also had to rush thru everything when my grandpa passed away back in the 60s. We are not Buddhist but i think my mum said its more like chinese beliefs so they abide to it.

ya must be within that 100 days otherwise gotta wait for 3 years. Yup its the customary that people are referring to since ROM is more of the legal aspect. My mum told me that my uncle also had to rush thru everything when my grandpa passed away back in the 60s. We are not Buddhist but i think my mum said its more like chinese beliefs so they abide to it.

yeah, anyway we just followed suit that time, althou we are both modern pple, but still have to listen to old people's advice sometimes. and also bought so many reduntant old fashioned stuff! like wooden clogs, the metal thing where you spit, lamps to put on the bedside etc etc.....