Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kiven78

Ackerman & Smith Pte Ltd

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

According to Simmons (SEA) Pte Ltd, BR Arlington mattress is a non-flip model imported from Korea.

Now I more concern about the warranty system that they are talking about.

To my reno fellows,

As the lessons I learned from A&S,

1) Ask them to write down every single details in their invioce (if you happened to deal with them, but highly not suggested)

e.g. unit price of the items you bought (MUST, EVERY SINGLE ITEM)

even the FOC items they promised, do ask them to write down "FOC" in the invoice

Otherwise, you will find out actually at the end of the day, you are paying every cent of your money on those so called "Free" things when they promised during their sales pitch, they just change a way to sale their indoor products, especially bed frame

2) Yes, the sales person may look sincere and friendly during their sales pitch. After signing the deal, Oops, sorry, customers no longer their god, they blamed everything on customers who wrongly believed them and jumped in their invoice / price trap. The even funnier thing is they push everything to Simmons HQ as well, what an excuse!

3) The last but not least, for your own good, better don't deal with them at all, in the end, we saw our money goes to a liar, not few dollars, but few thousand dollars, we also work hard to earn those money, next time at least myself I will choose to use it wisely on those good causes.

Best regards and hope it helps!

Can someone advise me the height of the "Simmons Arlington Plush mattress" for King size.

Wanted to buy bedsheet but duno shld buy 14" or 16"

To my reno fellows,

As the lessons I learned from A&S,

1) Ask them to write down every single details in their invioce (if you happened to deal with them, but highly not suggested)

e.g. unit price of the items you bought (MUST, EVERY SINGLE ITEM)

even the FOC items they promised, do ask them to write down "FOC" in the invoice

Otherwise, you will find out actually at the end of the day, you are paying every cent of your money on those so called "Free" things when they promised during their sales pitch, they just change a way to sale their indoor products, especially bed frame

2) Yes, the sales person may look sincere and friendly during their sales pitch. After signing the deal, Oops, sorry, customers no longer their god, they blamed everything on customers who wrongly believed them and jumped in their invoice / price trap. The even funnier thing is they push everything to Simmons HQ as well, what an excuse!

3) The last but not least, for your own good, better don't deal with them at all, in the end, we saw our money goes to a liar, not few dollars, but few thousand dollars, we also work hard to earn those money, next time at least myself I will choose to use it wisely on those good causes.

Best regards and hope it helps!

seems quiet since then till now - anyone care to share recent good, or bad, experiences?

Oh no, just bought a beautyrest plantium king size from them, any comments on that will be greatly appreciated

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum. Wished i saw this thread earlier but nonetheless, hope to share my experience:

Bought a Simmons Beauty Rest Riverdale from A&S today from the Fair at EXPO (4-12 Jun'11). Actually, we've been to earlier fairs (without knowing that the company promoting Simmons was A&S) but only decided to purchase the mattress now. We chose the mattress on our own accord and the salesman (Han) was thorough & patient in his explanation, allowing us to take our time to try out the mattresses.

He mentioned that Riverdale is a house mattress (meaning given to dealers purely for exhibitions) and said that it's close to 2 of the genetric mattresses (listed in simmons official website). He mentioned that if we were to visit the official Simmons store, we would realize that their prices are more expensive or at most comparable to dealers.

He said that Simmons is a brand whereby the prices of the mattress appreciate with time, meaning it's cheapest during lauching and only gets more expensive. Therefore, the earlier we buy, the more we save. However, if ever we find the price to be cheaper than what we bought it for before delivery, they will refund us the difference.

In addition, he explicitly stated that this particular model which we are purchasing is entirely "Made in USA" and goes through strict QC by 3-4 companies in USA. He verified this by showing us the mattress tag (which i did not pay attention to).

If i don't remember wrongly, their price list for Riverdale shows Retail Price as $5k+, Usual Price (according to Han, this is the normal price outside) as $4k+ and Promo Price (@ Expo) as $3k+ with 2 Deepsleep Pillow (Retail Price $99 each) and 1 Mattress Protector (Retail Price $200) thrown in.

We managed to bring the price down to below $3k after negotiating with the manager (dunnoe his name but he's a thin & short middle age man) who took the liberty to push us to buy. He settled the final price as one in between our asking and his quote and hurried Han to proceed with invoicing.

As me & my fiance really liked the matress & thought it was a good deal, we went ahead to pay a 50% deposit. Have yet to call up A&S at their shop to check out their quote for this similar model. Also, have yet to verify with Simmons if the house mattresses are really made in USA. Hopefully all turns out well and we din get overcharged :x

Praysssssss

Oh dear,

I bought an Englander Hotel Deluxe (King size) + storage bed frame for $3.1k from Jason during last furniture exhibition in expo. He is a smooth talker, also anyway we like the bed after lying on it & price suits our budget. Their storage bed frame looks better & its deeper than rest.

Hope everying goes well...

Oh Dear! I've bought Latex mattress from them during the June 4-12 Expo as well, taking delivery later this month.

Pray pray everything is ok....

Went down to the showroom at Enterprise One, served by aunty Irene Tan. It was already 5.45pm when we entered the showroom and we were just walking in to take a look before i decide on Serta vs Sealy vs SimmonsThink she was bull****ting me when she said

"you must buy today, the promotion for the following (see below) is only valid for today. You come next week no more offer or promotion."

The entire building looked so dead empty, she think i stupid, who on earth will come here and buy mattress and the offer isn't really cheap. Must be almost 6pm but no sales today

Simmons Beauty Rest (BR) Platinum King size $3099 + 200 (bedframe comes in black/brown/cream)

Simmons Englander Horizon Queen $1199 (free bedframe black/brown/cream)

Simmons Englander Loft $999 (free bedframe black/brown/cream)

I said, your bedframe not nice i want to use my bedframe then she said "if you use other bedframe, we don't warranty 10yr warranty coz other brands of bedframe not as good as ours" i think she's bull****ting me again, then companies who sell bedframes all will close shop lah?

Bought a Simmons Beauty Rest Riverdale from A&S today from the Fair at EXPO (4-12 Jun'11)

We managed to bring the price down to below $3k after negotiating with the manager..

Hopefully all turns out well and we din get overcharged :x

Praysssssss

Hi mouseyd,

1) The simmon mattress you bought is Queen or King size?

2) Did everything turn out well back then?

I bought the simmons mattress from the showroom, the package come with bedframe. A big surprise! The platform, layered with delaminated plywood. Could hear the wood breaking sound when I press with my hand.

when I made purchase, the sales aunty rest assured the bedframe is customised according to Simmons' requirement, as the simmons mattress need stronger bed foundation support for the warranty.

I already feedback the quality to Simmons SEA, awaiting their acceptance on the warranty related to this kind of platform.

Latest update: 1 week later, the company offer and made 1 to 1 exchange on the platform. much solid compare to the defective one. Satisfy with the new platform quality.

Edited by fullerene

Saw the ads on My paper on preopening sale englander 60%. I read alot of raves about englander latex mattress so went there... Kaki bukit. Shop name was 8edtimes. Did a check on the spot. No reviews. Bought englander reverie classic pure latex mattress. Invoice came with sleep savvy logo instead of 8edtimes. Only now then I know it's all under Ackerman and smith. As I read the negative reviews I got skeptical. Found out that The reverie classic pure latex is actually a in-house englander mattress. Only Singapore has this. The natural latex mattress that Englander makes should be under nature finest collection on it's website. I wished the sales Irene told me its a house brand. At least i know what Im buying. I wonder if the one I bought is really pure latex as what she told me. The invoice never state pure latex. I also bought a 5 in 1 bed with them. Trundle bed came with a defect. I fell on the floor after lying down within 5 mins. My husband checked and realised the legs were facing inwards instead of outwards. after locking. The technician called and said the legs are switched and he will switch them back. Told him even if he switched, the legs will still be facing inwards because the pinhole for the lock is already wrong. I requested a replacement of the legs, his nice voice changed and said he will ask his senior first. I am still waiting for their call since last week. I feel that when buying mattress or any furniture, never buy on the spot. Do your research on the mattress or on the company and remember when they say it's the last day offer or you won't get the same price if u come back other days, don't believe them. Who wouldn't wanna earn

Update: After more calls I made to them instead of waiting for them to call me, the technician finally came today and replaced two new legs with the correct hole positioned no questions asked. Just took some photos of the defective ones. Although I need to keep on follow up with them until they come, I'm still satisfied with the after sales service. At least there is. A very impt point to note too when buying any furniture.

Edited by Nong