Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shespawn

Greece Travel

Hi,

im planning a trip to greece next may, and now looking at accomodations and ferry tickets. has anyone been there? if so, how much did you spend on food and transport?

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I went there for my honeymoon end of March beginning of April this year.

Took Qatar Airways there, transit at Doha. It was SGD1114 per pax return ticket. SQ was selling at about SGD2000 direct to Athens. Way too expensive for me.

Our trip was to spend a few days in Athens, then we took a ferry to Mykonos, 2 nights there, then took a fastboat to Paros, 2 hours later, a ferry to Santorini. Spent 3 nighst there. Then ferry back to Athens.

For my trip, I got FantasyTravel to take care of all the trnasfers, accomodation, ferry trips, day trips all for me. For about 11 days, including a day tour of Athens + day trip to Delphi, it cost us Eur1250 per person. I felt it was worth it because it saved teh hassle of buying own ferry tickets, taxi rides etc etc.

If you want, you can PM me for the person who handled my itinerary for us.

Hi DKCH,

Like shespawn, i'm considering going to Greece for my honeymoon. My wedding's on Dec 26, so I'm thinking to start travelling the first week of Jan 2010.

Is that a good time to go to Greece? Perhaps you could PM me your contact for itnerary too.

Thanks!

Hi, I went there for my honeymoon end of March beginning of April this year.

Took Qatar Airways there, transit at Doha. It was SGD1114 per pax return ticket. SQ was selling at about SGD2000 direct to Athens. Way too expensive for me.

Our trip was to spend a few days in Athens, then we took a ferry to Mykonos, 2 nights there, then took a fastboat to Paros, 2 hours later, a ferry to Santorini. Spent 3 nighst there. Then ferry back to Athens.

For my trip, I got FantasyTravel to take care of all the trnasfers, accomodation, ferry trips, day trips all for me. For about 11 days, including a day tour of Athens + day trip to Delphi, it cost us Eur1250 per person. I felt it was worth it because it saved teh hassle of buying own ferry tickets, taxi rides etc etc.

If you want, you can PM me for the person who handled my itinerary for us.

Hi DKCH,

Like shespawn, i'm considering going to Greece for my honeymoon. My wedding's on Dec 26, so I'm thinking to start travelling the first week of Jan 2010.

Is that a good time to go to Greece? Perhaps you could PM me your contact for itnerary too.

Thanks!

Hi, personally I think it won't be a good time. Because, the ferries between Athens and the islands won't be operating before April 1st. And, really, there is no point going to Athens for honeymoon if you don't go to the islands. Postpone the honeymoon lah :D

Anyway, PM you the contact!

And congratulations!

Its nice, but yeah its expensive. I got the *cheapest* ticket to get there, via Qatar Airways, transit in Doha. Already SGD1100 per pax.

i paid 1311 sgd nett for SQ direct to athens. their domestic flights is having a promotion. usually the ferry ticket prices abt 40euros to mykonos, u can get flight ticket at 50 euros. im going in May. As what DKCh has mentioned, no point going in Jan when there is no ferry heading there.

DKCH, you heading there this year?

Hi shespawn,

No lah, went in April 2009 liao, for honeymoon hehe. 1311 is cheap! When I paid for my Qatar Airways ticket, freaking SQ was charging almost 2k for it.

Btw, ferry services only start in April. So, plan accordingly. Also, when we were there in early April, most of the places in Mykonos and Santorini were not crowded yet. GOod, meaning no need to avoid drunk tourists and stuff, but also, not many shops or restaurants open. Also, still a bit cold. Especially the winds.

I googled and found this Greek agency called FantasyTravel. Booked through them. So, one of their people met me at the airport and passed all the vouchers and ferry tickets to me there.

In Athens, I stayed at Hera Hotel. Location is very good. Its just at the foothill of the Parthenon, and next to the Acropolis Museum (which wasn't open when I was there, which was a bummer...). Parthenon, the hills, Plaka, Syntagma Square all walking distance. But please bring your walking shoes, not slippers...

I really can't remember where we stayed in Santorini! haha! But it was in the town of Fira. Basically, three towns where most people live in are Fira, Firastefani and Ia. We stayed somewhere between Fira and Firastefani. Just make sure your room faces the west where the sunset is simply amazing. Also, rent one of the Smart Cars (don't fill up too much fuel, it is really very fuel-efficient and Santorini isn't that big) and travel around the island. Up to Ia (party area), eastern part where the beaches are and southern tip where the lighthouse is.

Ah, memories...

I googled and found this Greek agency called FantasyTravel. Booked through them. So, one of their people met me at the airport and passed all the vouchers and ferry tickets to me there.

In Athens, I stayed at Hera Hotel. Location is very good. Its just at the foothill of the Parthenon, and next to the Acropolis Museum (which wasn't open when I was there, which was a bummer...). Parthenon, the hills, Plaka, Syntagma Square all walking distance. But please bring your walking shoes, not slippers...

I really can't remember where we stayed in Santorini! haha! But it was in the town of Fira. Basically, three towns where most people live in are Fira, Firastefani and Ia. We stayed somewhere between Fira and Firastefani. Just make sure your room faces the west where the sunset is simply amazing. Also, rent one of the Smart Cars (don't fill up too much fuel, it is really very fuel-efficient and Santorini isn't that big) and travel around the island. Up to Ia (party area), eastern part where the beaches are and southern tip where the lighthouse is.

Ah, memories...

it should be OIA instead of Ia right.:) Not forgetting the volcano, hot spring and various island nearby. Red and black beach too. hmm....simply very NICE!

oh ya, try to stay at FIRA, the bus depot is there and you can reach every corner of Santorini from there, airpot too. Remember to take the time schedule.

Edited by msmurf

it should be OIA instead of Ia right.:) Not forgetting the volcano, hot spring and various island nearby. Red and black beach too. hmm....simply very NICE!

oh ya, try to stay at FIRA, the bus depot is there and you can reach every corner of Santorini from there, airpot too. Remember to take the time schedule.

Oh yeah Oia. Went to the black beach too. Recommend that people go rent the smart car. Nothing special, but just novelty lah...

Oh yeah Oia. Went to the black beach too. Recommend that people go rent the smart car. Nothing special, but just novelty lah...

can u posy some pics for us to see. i dream of going there but its so ex that i dun think of it.