Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pweisen

7% Gst For Agent

Hi All,

Need advice on the following:

Recently i bought a 5rm HDB unit in Woodlands @ $365K. At OTP, the agent mentioned that "everything" can be arranged and discussed, ie. early move-in, earlier 1st appt, earlier completion date and etc.

But almost none of the above was fulfilled. We actually wanted to move in earlier into the unit before 7th lunar month, but despite sms/call almost every other day, the agent say that seller is busy, everything cannot proceed earlier.

Since that is the case, is it fair for me not to give the 7% GST of the 1% agent fee? what is the penalty or is there any consequnence of not giving the GST? the 7% GST can at least buy a lot of useful stuff.

please advice. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Did u sign any commission letter with your agent?

GST applies and if u r in very good term with your agent normal they can absorb on good will.

Your agent should have submitted your application and gotten 1st app date, depends on the traffic, waiting time can be 2 to 3 months. As for moving in early, it all depends on the seller, the house is only yours after the completion of sales at the 2nd appt.

well, for my case my agent absorb the GST and my 1st appt is 6 week after i submit the application. in fact my 2nd appt is anotehr 6 weeks ut due to 7th month the owner and myself agreed to push the 2nd appt date after 7th month.

For your case i think u can try ask teh agent to absorb the GST since there is so many corp up as a form of compensation? 1 % i think is a must to give the agent

Got a so so agent. 2nd inspection 1 day before the 2nd appointment at night time when the ex-owner cut off electricity. I didn't realised that 1 whole portion of kitchen tile is exploded. Yet I need to spent $ to hack away tile. It was so dark at night when no light how to inspect properly.

I already got the keys. I wanted to complaint HDB Inspection Officer.

Very irresponsible agent. Why HDB Inspection Officer still passby this checking when the tile is falling apart.

Edited by dean

i think u can't avoid the govt tax right? it's not a service tip to the agent...

you should make a complain. that's y it's very important to get a property agent that will not only advise u but advise u in ur best interest or at least let u know all ur options.

if anyone need reliable contacts, email me at pillsnplacebo@yahoo.com.sg for recommendation.

Hi All,

Recently i bought a 5rm HDB unit in Woodlands @ $365K. At OTP, the agent mentioned that "everything" can be arranged and discussed, ie. early move-in, earlier 1st appt, earlier completion date and etc.

But almost none of the above was fulfilled. We actually wanted to move in earlier into the unit before 7th lunar month, but despite sms/call almost every other day, the agent say that seller is busy, everything cannot proceed earlier.

Since that is the case, is it fair for me not to give the 7% GST of the 1% agent fee? what is the penalty or is there any consequnence of not giving the GST? the 7% GST can at least buy a lot of useful stuff.

please advice. Thanks.

when i bought my hdb last yr, my agent did not collect any gst from me...

Got a so so agent. 2nd inspection 1 day before the 2nd appointment at night time when the ex-owner cut off electricity. I didn't realised that 1 whole portion of kitchen tile is exploded. Yet I need to spent $ to hack away tile. It was so dark at night when no light how to inspect properly.

I already got the keys. I wanted to complaint HDB Inspection Officer.

Very irresponsible agent. Why HDB Inspection Officer still passby this checking when the tile is falling apart.

It the buyer responsibility to check, HDB officer only check for any illegal work.

Hi All, thanks for the input, will try to talk it out with my agent. Maybe my agent who is driving a Merc is willing to absorb the GST....

anyway, some input on my claim, i had check out with HDB that the 1st and 2nd appointment date can be brought forward if the seller is agreeable to it. In both instances, i convey the message to my agent who in turn suppose to inform the seller.

for 1st appointment, i even had the HDB officer to agreed that a email notice is enough for the date to be brought forward. But seller/agent was "busy".

As for 2nd appointment, the HDB officer is willing to move the appointment by 7 days, but again, seller/agent is too busy to advise on the earlier date....

sad sad case.

where got GST one?when i sign the agreement form it stated only 1%...where got gst one...u sure or not

I definitely hope that i do not have to pay GST...

My agent refused to waive off gst. She said her companies insisted their agents claim gst from clients. I think it's an excuse lol. But I still agreed to pay her 1%+gst lah in the end.

Edited by forgotten

Hi All,

please advice. Thanks.

How can it be fair? GST has nothing to do with service. If you're not happy, don't pay anything.

Sometimes I wonder if the agent will cut back the efforts he spends on a client's case if the latter pays him less for the service? It's human nature for us to give more focus to the clients who are giving us more $$$? Hmm...

GST is collected by the gov, make sure that the company the agent is representing issue a invoice with GST component in it.

If u r daring u can choose not to pay, i wonder if the gov will come chasing after u. Anyone has any experience? Want to share?