Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Help On Divorce Proceedings. Need Updated Info Please

Married for 3 years 2 months. PR Wife admitted to adultery.

Am I still liable for her livelihood after divorce?

She admitted to meeting someone else 2 months prior on 11 aug which means marriage wasnt past 3 years. ( we were married on 24th June 2006). Is there a back track clause?

Is Lam and Co. really that affordable? Anyone with other opinions or recommendations?

Much appreciated

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
sorry to heard this.

found some FQA abt the process

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/family/faq.aspx?pageid=3688

Thanks therat. Its under a womans charter which is assuming that we men are the only ones that can cheat.

Still many more questions pertaining to the alimony. Now I wonder if I have to prove that she cheated even though she verbally admitted it. I must waste more money and hire PI?

Thanks therat. Its under a womans charter which is assuming that we men are the only ones that can cheat.

Still many more questions pertaining to the alimony. Now I wonder if I have to prove that she cheated even though she verbally admitted it. I must waste more money and hire PI?

can't advice on this.

Better ask a qualified lawyer.

May be you can check this "Legal Clinic Application Form"

http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/show_form.aspx?fid=22483

What about assets accumulated by the party before marriage? Is it to be split equally amongst the two parties?

Are you refering to your HDB flats? If you are able to prove that you contributed a bigger share of your HDB then you will get a higer percentage of share after selling your unit.

To engage a PI is a waste of money if both of you consent to a divorce. A divorce will be granted base on many reasons . Normally a deed of separation will roll in first before a divorce is granted. Getting a lawyer to file for divorce cost around $1500-$2200 if no complications arises, example no disputes from opposite party lead to a fuss free divorce.

Women's charter roll in to protect women if your wife are unfairly treated. Hope my info helps you.

Are you refering to your HDB flats? If you are able to prove that you contributed a bigger share of your HDB then you will get a higer percentage of share after selling your unit.

To engage a PI is a waste of money if both of you consent to a divorce. A divorce will be granted base on many reasons . Normally a deed of separation will roll in first before a divorce is granted. Getting a lawyer to file for divorce cost around $1500-$2200 if no complications arises, example no disputes from opposite party lead to a fuss free divorce.

Women's charter roll in to protect women if your wife are unfairly treated. Hope my info helps you.

hi,

the above is when the wife can prove that she is treated unfairly or when there are children/kid involve in the divorce. not necessary the law side more with the wife.

if not, the law still will make sure both are evenly treated. if there are no kid/kids, the wife may not obtain more advantage then the man... meaning she will not be able to ask for eg. ailmony, maintenance, etc. if she is not able to prove that after she married the man, the husband let her used to live in more comfortable lifestyle and she is used to it thus she cannot live without it. eg. everyday she got driver with a car to pick her for the past 10 years, then in this case, she can ask to continue to have such comfort (also provided if she is not high income earner and also depending on various other factors and judge's view).

if she is a high income earner, most likely alimony is hard to get from husband unless husband is even higher income earner.

most importantly, when it comes to claiming of this and that, ususally it will bore down to the question of whether there is black and white to prove it.

Actually, I want to find out the following scenario:

Man bought and own a condo, car, etc... . This were acquired on his own before the marriage. He got married to the lady and after a year, the divorce took place.

Will the Court divide the assets of the man between him and his wife? The wife did not contribute to the acquisition of the assets.

Edited by leechaorui

Will the Court divide the assets of the man between him and his wife? The wife did not contribute to the acquisition of the assets.

doesn't matter that wife did not help pay... she just has to prove that she used it, and helped to take care of it.

If wife agrees to divorce, can just go to lawyer and start divorce proceedings. Commonly used reason is irreconcilable differences. Whoever files for divorce makes the other party look bad.

For divorce on the grounds of adultery, must get evidence, which will be difficult if wife doesn't coorperate, as well as another sum of $.

She admitted to meeting someone else 2 months prior on 11 aug which means marriage wasnt past 3 years. ( we were married on 24th June 2006). Is there a back track clause?

Is Lam and Co. really that affordable? Anyone with other opinions or recommendations?

Much appreciated

1. You're responsible for "maintenance" till she remarries. Amount depends on her ability to support herself.

2. "Admitting" to you is useless; she has to admit to the court. Would your wife do that? What has "admission" got to do with the duration of the marriage? That's as given in the marriage cert.

3. Even in divorce, you are still looking for cheap lawyer? Is it worth saving a few hundred $$ if you end up with more maintenance payments?

admission to adultery allows you to speed up divorce proceedings without having to go thru the 2 year separation period, no?

I wouldn't know. But I'd be willing to bet my last $$ that the wife will never admit anything in open court that would be disadvantageous to her.

Much appreciated

If your wife wasn't a PR before she married you, get an annulment instead. Your status will be SINGLE instead of DIVORCEE.

Show to the court, thru' your lawyer, that your wife manipulated you into marriage. Shouldn't be too difficult. If your dick isn't working, that's the best annulment excuse because the marriage wasn't consumated :) .

sorry to hear about what u are going thru. Its a painful process !

The women chapter here are too protective over women.

Men needs protection too !

If u are really serious about going ahead. Start yr Q&A with yr lawyer (any one will do) and i believed all the question will be answered.

GOOD LUCK.

Actually, I want to find out the following scenario:

Man bought and own a condo, car, etc... . This were acquired on his own before the marriage. He got married to the lady and after a year, the divorce took place.

Courts will look at wife's contribution to the condo...perhaps she paid for maintenance, repairs or other upkeep...?

it is not always 50/50.