Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

So nice of h4happy and catseyes2004sg ; )

Yes, next will be the journey to buy the accessories..and here I have you to show me the path : )

Still have to get lights, Tv,Hook & Hob, Fridge etc..

Need to get the reno complete and in move in condition by end of Dec09.

Will be rush like mad..

Really grateful for rendering the helping hand here ; )

For lights etc....I think better go yourself than ID bring you there.

Cos, ID bring you there, the price is higher as ID also got commission.

If go alone, they will charge u as a walk in customer price.

My incident: went to 1 shop, salesgirl charge me for 2 units : $2,500!!! (only lights)

I demand for refund all!

Then I went to buy alone and the price drop half.

If you go in, dont ever tell the salesgirl your ID recommend. DONT EVER TELL THIS. Cos, if they know, they will use the higher price.

There are 2 price tag, 1 is walk in customer and the other is ID price. Also, some lights dont display price tag. (those never display price tag cos if ID bring customer, they can jack up the price.

Hope it help u this.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For electricial, I can give u my electrician. Local sporean and you may ask him per charge cost.

Eg) How much per gang switch, how much per light, etc.... Very experience and not those ah beng type.

So nice of h4happy and catseyes2004sg ; )

Yes, next will be the journey to buy the accessories..and here I have you to show me the path : )

Still have to get lights, Tv,Hook & Hob, Fridge etc..

Need to get the reno complete and in move in condition by end of Dec09.

Will be rush like mad..

Really grateful for rendering the helping hand here ; )

I can't contribute much but don't stress urself, Doremon. :)

D1.1 cement base - do you really want cement base? this will limit your choices in future. but this is a personal preference. your MBR vanity base costs about the same as your kitchen cabinet base, your kitchen is 17ft length but your vanity is not as long. overcharge for MBR vanity base? i don't see your carpentry for vanity, not dimensions of vanity, not solid surface for vanity, nor installation of vanity sink. please check.

D2. kerb (costs $$80.00 per entrance kerb with waterproofing) bargain it down!

E. can't comment much, can you state the size of your place and indicate how much it costs psf? since no hacking mentioned, i presume you're overlaying.

F1. your bomb shelter storage is very expensive at $2750.. is it your WIW or just a storage? if just storage, your children shouldn't go in.. just child-proofing the door is sufficient. but this is a personal preference.

F2. ensure you have soft-closing/dampeners. see ikea for inspiration. at your $110 price, these should be included. otherwise $100 psf is for basic kitchen

F3.1. again, soft-closing/dampeners, bargain to $250.

F3.2 and 3. acrylic shouldn't cost so much.. check out www.dama.com.sg and ask them for quote. alternatively, ask pang giap for quote www.panggiap88.com.sg/acrylicdoors.html

F4 and F5 seems to be missing.

F6.1. this price is $800 compared to F3.1 which is $400. why double in price for the same item? $800 is too pricey for this item, $250 is more reasonable.

F6.2. 2ft wardrobe at $800? that's $400 psf, which is... high. usually IDs charge $200 pfr for wardrobes. some contractors charge as low as $100 pfr. so bargain it down to $400 instead

F7.1 and F7.2 have no price? or is it combined with F6.1 and F6.2. this is a weird way to put pricing... should separate it.

F8.1. does not mention dimensions of glass door. get the dimensions and call Besglas and Sun Sun glass for quotation.

G is seriously overpriced. call Wellmax for quotation

H. Painting seems ok, standard price. but if it's me, i'd pay someone $80/day to do it for me :P

I looks okay

J seems a bit fuzzy, no indication of number of switches.. points.. i don't think it's buffet style right? :P

K. dunno much about cornices, sorry

ya most importantly dont stress yourself. U have started well by asking for advices from many nice people here.

I think the quotes is quite reasonable though its the final results and the progress that matters most. For electrical works, it might be better to confirm the actual amount of work to be done as the description indicated in the quote is not sufficient. eg, installing tv points (how many?).

As for the living and dining room cornices, it might be better to safeguard yourself if the "install and supply cornices" to be included in the quote rather than just cornices for living and dining room. All these is to avoid any dispute cos renovation is a major headache for majority. Men can lose their sleep over it and women can cry over it when things dont turn out smoothly.

Once u have cut down alot of carpentry works then u'll save alot. We've learnt from our 1st renovation that its better to cut down on such items as no point spending a bomb on all these built ins as u would not be able to move them once u decided to sell. That's what happened to us, we decided to sell our place after staying for less than 3 years and its our buyers who benefited from all those built ins. Now for our new place, we've become smarter and our lives are not shortchange at all even w/o those built in warerobes, cabinets and we have the liberty to change them when we get tired of them or their positioning. That's my humble opinion.

Edited by born_again

Thanks Danny for the sharing ; )

So how much he quoted you, what range you selected? Include others like soundproof thingy??

Can PM me : )

I selected the Dynamics series...8mm thickness with 4 mm underlay (soundproof thing) see my t-blog on tile selection for the design I choosen and the underlay...

My price includes hacking of skirting, trimming of doors, new skirting, wastage and gst...

I am not sure how much psf as I was quote below 3.7K for living room and 3 bedrooms...

The price he gave me that time is better then Volringer and Supreme...moreover it is German product although AC4 and not Life Time Warranty...

If you need his number, I can pm u and let him do the site measurement and give you a quote lor...no harm getting another source...

cheers...

Hmm your finalised quotation says included hdb permit fee but isn't HDB permit FOC since there's no permit fee involved. I don't remember paying HDB permit fee for mine.

Hmm your finalised quotation says included hdb permit fee but isn't HDB permit FOC since there's no permit fee involved. I don't remember paying HDB permit fee for mine.

they always do this to make you feel better that you are getting 'free stuff' when they should be free anyway :P

More likely, all customers are all 'robert' to them, can chop carrot like that.:P

they always do this to make you feel better that you are getting 'free stuff' when they should be free anyway :P

:) doraemon.. so sorry I've been so busy lately I didn't check my PM and all.

Your quotation seems ok.. very reasonable actually at 22k. :)

Just that I have a few questions?

Under Kitchen Item 2.2, what brand of solid top are they providing you? Different brands vary in quality and price.

Under Bedroom 2 Item 6.1, it looks like the same one in your master... so why does it cost twice as much? Or is the one in bedroom3 included in bedroom2's?

One more thing.. at the top they already stated that the labour for installing accessories is free.. then they repeated again at the bottom under plumbing... :) Makes it look like they are giving you a lot of "free" stuff when it's repeated actually.

Rem to check out the guy's works before you sign on the dotted line! :)

Edited by pinkpetter

诚心的感谢大家的帮助! Thanks for the help,sharings and advises :yamseng:

Yes, finally finalised the renovator.

Will share my experience with this renovator here from time to time..

This week is super hectic.

Before even we signed on dotted line and pay deposit but just with verbal confirmation, the renovator is already in action !!

eg apply permit, charting out the schedules. And over the weekends, already run through with him on the Electrical Work. ie what point to shift, what point to add, SCV,TV, power point, power switch, etc ~ (exactly what I have put up the electrical requirement earilier in my blog)..To my suprise, that it is indeed what he'd promised that it's no extra cost.

To be frank, initially I thought of getting another electrical vendor as this renovator shared that no need to specify the details.. sharing that all will be absorb in SGD900 package. .I was abit skeptical then.. and already plan to engage Electrician seperately. So indeed there is no jet up of price .. sound like a buffet thingy.

He also join in the meeting with air-con vendor and myself to run through how the pipe should run ..

Advise when the air-con should come to install etc. And he also order our selected tiles and have it delivered to the new house!!

No doubt that some his charges are higher.. and he didn't want to give discount further..

So far seems like he is really rendering the good services here.. hope he really prove us right that we have chosen him as our best finalist haha..

Well, still feel very uneasy without getting the contract signed..though it's now purely base on trust.

The documents just need to do refinement ..but the renovator said usually his quotation is very simple not so details as he don't want to spend so much time in paperwork but action and delivery is the key.

Now he said he leave it to me to type out the details description, T&C and quotation (he'd provided me a very simple quotation). The last I'd put up here is actually the draft prepared by me base on my limited knowledge and understanding after the discussion with the renovator.

Compared quotes from 3 sources for Curtains. 2 of them gave me around $1400-$1500 and the cheapest one(without compromising quality) is $920. Happy. :)

Anyone interested can pm me for contact. =)

By the way, anyone got cheap and good recommendation for 1) acid wash, 2) spraypaint services for my dressing table? Thanks much.

Edited by kaori89

doraemon... mm the style of your renovator sounds very familiar.. like how Uncle used to do for me.

But anyway.. CONGRATS!! that's ONE problem solved. :)