Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Finalising soon...

ADVISES/HELP required for QUOTATION :help:

Base on floorplan in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...;hl=doremon2009

Are these detail enough?

Any more things to highlight/advise?

Are the price reasonable?

How come I still find the total kind of high? At the same time also fear that there is loophole or things left out?

Items Work Description S$

1 To supply & lay Living, Dining & homogeneous floor tiles (up to $3.40 psf tiles)$3,000.00

2 To supply & lay Kitchen homogeneous floor tiles incl. waterproofing $1,200.00

3 To lay homogeneous tiles in balcony@living area $430.00

4 To supply and create cement base for kitchen cabinet, fridge washing machine and master vanity $600.00

5 To supply & lay entrance and room walkways in Danto Japanese mosaic & quartz tile $800.00

6 To hack & remove service balcony door and window (incl make good damaged areas)$600.00

7 To raise kerbs in toilets and base in master toilet $500.00

8 Sand & haulage fees $850.00

9 Optional Quote for parquet $4,270.00

10 To supply & lay 4 bedrooms w/ Pergo laminate (610 sq ft) $2,860.00

11 To design & fabricate 35 ft kitchen cabinet upper ? $3,500.00

12 To supply & install 17 ft solid surface (Creston/Borelli) $1,275.00

13 Additional storage option for kitchen $960.00

14 To design & fabricate 5 ft pillar divider w/ glass at entryway $900.00

15 To design & fabricate 4 ft full height altar near entrance $880.00

16 To design & fabricate 12 ft full height cupboards w/door outside bomb shelter $2,340.00

17 To design & fabricate 6 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in master bedroom$1,380.00

18 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in master bedroom $400.00

19 To supply & install temepered glass shower screen in master toilet $320.00

20 To supply and install aluminium powder coated sliding doors below vanity in master toilet $280.00

21 To design & fabricate 6.8 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 2 $1,564.00

22 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 2 $400.00

23 To fabricate 2 full height storage cupboards in bedroom 2 $840.00

24 To supply & install aluminium & glass sliding doors in study $795.00

25 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 3 $400.00

26 To fabricate full height storage cupboard in bedroom 3 $420.00

27 To fabricate bedhead in w/storage cubby in bedroom 3 $960.00

28 To design & fabricate 7 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 3 $1,610.00

29 To design & fabricate 8 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in bedroom 3 $1,120.00

30 To design & fabricate bench w/cabinets in study $500.00

29 To design & fabricate 5.6 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in study$784.00

30 To supply & install potbelly iron grilles for balcony@living area $765.00

31 To supply & install sliding window & grilles in service balcony $750.00

32 To supply & install aluminium window grilles for windows in 4 rooms $618.00

33 To paint whole unit in ICI Dulux paint (1 base +2 coats of emulsion paint) max10 $1,500.00

34 To run hot water piping (3 pts) $600.00

35 Double electrical point - $60 per pt

SUB TOTAL $40,971.00

Your kindness to help to advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

30k would be worth it :)

anyway, To supply & lay 4 bedrooms w/ Pergo laminate (610 sq ft) $2,860.00 is dodgy at $4.68psf

what range are you getting? if it's pergo family, it's totally not worth it. get it direct from pergo distributor (flooroption) at $3.8 or so psf

or just get robina, $3.3 psf

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
sorry, havent read your whole thread. but where is hacking of existing tiles?

No hacking of existing tiles required as there is no tiles.

It's direct from HDB Standard unit.

After trying our luck for > 3yrs ..

30k would be worth it :)

anyway, To supply & lay 4 bedrooms w/ Pergo laminate (610 sq ft) $2,860.00 is dodgy at $4.68psf

what range are you getting? if it's pergo family, it's totally not worth it. get it direct from pergo distributor (flooroption) at $3.8 or so psf

or just get robina, $3.3 psf

Hmm Ossify, you got the point. Thanks! : )

you did alot of carpentries? the kitchen 35ft for top and bottom? but i think overall prices can be lowered....no need to do the electrical wiring? the 40k not inclusive of power points yet?

you did alot of carpentries? the kitchen 35ft for top and bottom? but i think overall prices can be lowered....no need to do the electrical wiring? the 40k not inclusive of power points yet?

Hmm .. so far for the power point, the ID said need to arrange electrician after I sign up and work start.. which is their usual practice. Indirectly, I take it as: if didn't sign up yet at this juncture no need to go to that extend of details..

So he only quote $60 for double point head type.

Is this the usual practice in renovation?

Edited by doremon2009

7 To raise kerbs in toilets and base in master toilet $500.00 (mine abt 160)

8 Sand & haulage fees $850.00 (FOC)

I think ur quotation is abit on the high side.. down to 30k will be good..

Use this list to source for a few contractors and compare apple to apple their prices.. it will be helpful for u as u can know market rates and prices for each item..

Good luck..

Yupz, think it's high too, esp the carpentry. Your wardrobe cost $230 per feet. Mine was around $103 per feet (from contractor, also sliding doors). Think ur price can even go for glass doors with alum casing.

$40k plus excludes electrical works. If include, tink it may cost around $43k? Rather x woh. There's not only dbl ppt, there's also tv pts, etc etc.

Also, will he help u to install toilet accessories, instant heater/storage heater etc? That will be another cost. If FOC, ask him to include in the quote. Lightings installation? False ceiling/L-box? Hee, still seems rather x for the amount of work u're doing. :)

Edited by Angel81

if 40k without electricals, quite high lei...cause electrical points, tel and scv points can add up to 3k one lei.... carpentries for some quite ex... i'm just curious how they calculate the kitchen cabinets....is yours an id?

The cement bases for kitchen cabinet, fridge washing machine and master vanity seem a little exp. I'm not sure about the kerbs but it does seem a little costly for the kerbs as well. My kitchen length is 13ft and solid surface is $700, also it depends on whether your kitchen cabinets are going to have alot of drawers/doors since my kitchen contractor last time did say the cost will differ for those with doors and drawers respectively

To be honest, you can cut costs by going direct to Pergo and get them to quote you since the savings differs by a few hundred because if they have promotional price psf, it is way cheaper. And you can source for your Solid surface top on your own, it would be cheaper since you go direct without any 'middleman' like IDs or contractors.

my humble input:

1. umm, new HDB flat = kitchen floor tiles are already done, no?

your quote did not mention floor area of balcony

and what $/psf tiles range are you allowed to choose for them?

2. your contract did not mention skirting - are they included?

pls. make ur ID write it into their quote (play safe, don't want them to give excuses to charge you more for it later).

3. carpentry - goodness me, you have a whole tonne of it.. ($_$) :o

how about... keep/reduce the size of the built-in wardrobes, but do away with stuff like tables, stand-alone drawer/ storage units?

you could go buy these later separately on a piece-by-piece basis when you get a good look of the space available after your reno?

as for wardrobe, i think your $230 looks ok if it's for normal sliding door-type. - but do ask what range of laminates are you allowed to choose?

some laminates are more expensive than the others.

4. electrical works should normally cost about 2k - (do note that this is on top of your existing reno cost with your ID).

dunno y your ID would quote u just for the double electrical point. :dunno:

:yamseng:

hi doremon,

yours is a 5 room i guess? mind sharing which contractor/ID quoted you? you can PM me if you dont wish to publish the name here. coz i am also in the midst of finalising the contractor/ID.

here's my personal take on it:

1 To supply & lay Living, Dining & homogeneous floor tiles (up to $3.40 psf tiles)$3,000.00

maybe you would like to check out which tile shop is the contractor/ID using? then check out the tiles there and see if the price range is to your liking. for all you know, the tiles you like cost below $3.00. i am assuming that the tile range for the kitchen is the same.

what is additional storage option?

this is kinda vague. the electrical part may cost more, esp if the no. of points is larger. also depends on whether you have false ceilings, L-box and the wiring for all these may need to be done. maybe you can get them to quote based on a fixed no. of points and for each additional point thereafter. another way is to do site visit and do more planning as to the no. of points.

What about installation of lights and electrical fixtures? installation of bathroom wares and accessories? installation of kitchen wares and accessories?

I am assuming that they have come to do measurement in your home before giving you this quote? If not, perhaps you should get them down and do detailed measurement. The pricing might change after that.

LV

hi doremon,

yours is a 5 room i guess? mind sharing which contractor/ID quoted you? you can PM me if you dont wish to publish the name here. coz i am also in the midst of finalising the contractor/ID.

here's my personal take on it:

maybe you would like to check out which tile shop is the contractor/ID using? then check out the tiles there and see if the price range is to your liking. for all you know, the tiles you like cost below $3.00. i am assuming that the tile range for the kitchen is the same.

what is additional storage option?

this is kinda vague. the electrical part may cost more, esp if the no. of points is larger. also depends on whether you have false ceilings, L-box and the wiring for all these may need to be done. maybe you can get them to quote based on a fixed no. of points and for each additional point thereafter. another way is to do site visit and do more planning as to the no. of points.

What about installation of lights and electrical fixtures? installation of bathroom wares and accessories? installation of kitchen wares and accessories?

I am assuming that they have come to do measurement in your home before giving you this quote? If not, perhaps you should get them down and do detailed measurement. The pricing might change after that.

LV

Hi LV

Has PM you the contacts : )

For the installation of lights and electrical fixtures etc was told it'll be later stage after signing then the details discussion of that.

As for installation of bathroom wares and accessories+of kitchen wares and accessories, it will be FOC.

my humble input:

1. umm, new HDB flat = kitchen floor tiles are already done, no? reply: No. Kitchen tiles not done yet.

your quote did not mention floor area of balcony and what $/psf tiles range are you allowed to choose for them?

reply:Same price as long don't exceed $3.40. can chose different tiles

2. your contract did not mention skirting - are they included? reply:yes, included, has highlighted that earlier, the revised copy yet to come

pls. make ur ID write it into their quote (play safe, don't want them to give excuses to charge you more for it later).

3. carpentry - goodness me, you have a whole tonne of it.. ($_$) :o

how about... keep/reduce the size of the built-in wardrobes, but do away with stuff like tables, stand-alone drawer/ storage units?

you could go buy these later separately on a piece-by-piece basis when you get a good look of the space available after your reno?

reply:Thanks! same sentimental here, have discussed with family on this, we decided to remove carpentary not for rooms. As for the living and dinning area, we will have to visit furniture shops to see have things we want and we decide again. Will ask them to put into option, only activate when required.

as for wardrobe, i think your $230 looks ok if it's for normal sliding door-type. - but do ask what range of laminates are you allowed to choose?

some laminates are more expensive than the others.

reply:care to share more about laminates if you have : ) thanks

4. electrical works should normally cost about 2k - (do note that this is on top of your existing reno cost with your ID).

dunno y your ID would quote u just for the double electrical point. :dunno:

reply:Yes, in need of electrical contacts..yet to manage to get one.

reply:Thanks! Cheers!

Hi firehorse

See my reply in underline ; )

Hi firehorse

See my reply in underline ; )

hi doremon,

$3.40 psf looks ok..

as for laminates, i only know that the more expensive ones are those that have the "metal" look - i.e. have metal/aluminium on them... and some of those visual-effects type (e.g. wavy / circular / 3d pop-out look).

i think your ID should have a catalogue and will advise you accordingly as to which ranges are more expensive (i.e. require u to top-up $ if u want them).

Yupz, think it's high too, esp the carpentry. Your wardrobe cost $230 per feet. Mine was around $103 per feet (from contractor, also sliding doors). Think ur price can even go for glass doors with alum casing.

$40k plus excludes electrical works. If include, tink it may cost around $43k? Rather x woh. There's not only dbl ppt, there's also tv pts, etc etc.

Also, will he help u to install toilet accessories, instant heater/storage heater etc? That will be another cost. If FOC, ask him to include in the quote. Lightings installation? False ceiling/L-box? Hee, still seems rather x for the amount of work u're doing. :)

$103 psf is really a gd price. My ID don't also don't charge $230. So I think should negotiate the price abit.