Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Prego is reputable so it must be safe.

By now I more or less will chose Prego for Laminate and Hau Hau for Parquet if their quote not too expensive.

if you are going for pergo family, do consider robina :) pretty much the same quality

Ok no problem at all...what u want to hack and doremon can supervise FOC ;)

i want to hack all my walls (except the wall between the 2 bedrooms) and kitchen+bathroom+WC floor tiles. as for supervision, i can DIY :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest Goobii

Laminating use Vohringer

Reason: Lifetime warrenty

www.vohringer.com.sg

My quotation for hall and 2bedroom is $2290 (Lifetime warrenty) - Vohringer

"VOHRINGER " trade marks are pressed on the back of every floor plank to prevent counterfeit. Founded in 1921 in Baden-wuerteemberg, Germany

ossify quotation for hall and 2bedroom is $2291 (15yr warrenty) - Robina

Robina Flooring Sdn Bhd, an established manufacturer of Laminated Flooring in Malaysia since 2000.

U decide and compare yourself.

Edited by Goobii

I also have no idea whats the rationale for having cement bases but I think it probably has something to do with washing of the kitchen floor. Same reasoning for the kitchen cabinets having bases or suspension.

Personally, I don't have any problems with the fridge and washing machine having washed my kitchen floor quite a number of times already.

Pergo is not bad but I don't have the budget for pergo, so opted for supreme instead. Supreme's service has been fairly decent, including the after-sales. I would think in terms of economic reasoning, the big 'IF' i were to move out several years down the road, then I won't feel so heart pain to part with everything since I saved some money from my renovation this way. I'd save the best things for my permanent home instead. :)

Like firehorse mentioned, all these are basic points you need to watch out for in dealing with contractors/IDs. Btw, those freebies are NOT free at all. They are just simply factored in the quotation and just passed off under the disguise of 'free gifts'. If you are interested in such free gifts promotion, make sure you get your worth's by getting MORE freebies included without any extra cost added as you are paying for them somewhat.

Hi Bun,

Well shared! ; )

Come to think of it what's the purpose of having cement base for fridge & washing machine etc..??

Laminating use Vohringer

Reason: Lifetime warrenty

www.vohringer.com.sg

My quotation for hall and 2bedroom is $2290 (Lifetime warrenty) - Vohringer

"VOHRINGER " trade marks are pressed on the back of every floor plank to prevent counterfeit. Founded in 1921 in Baden-wuerteemberg, Germany

ossify quotation for hall and 2bedroom is $2291 (15yr warrenty) - Robina

Robina Flooring Sdn Bhd, an established manufacturer of Laminated Flooring in Malaysia since 2000.

U decide and compare yourself.

my floor area is bigger than yours :) if you want to compare, look at the difference in $ psf.

Guest Goobii
my floor area is bigger than yours :) if you want to compare, look at the difference in $ psf.

Oh ya... pai sei forgot to add in ... mine used about 550sqft ..

I think ossify should be around 600sqft or more...

His is corner and push back the kitchen .... same as mine... so estimated should be 50sqft more..

Oh ya... pai sei forgot to add in ... mine used about 550sqft ..

I think ossify should be around 600sqft or more...

His is corner and push back the kitchen .... same as mine... so estimated should be 50sqft more..

My pricing is based on 649 sqft, about 100 sqft more :D

if I'd use your laminate, i'd be paying about 18% or $400 more

PROMOTION

Just to a quick post here..

Not sure if it's near Christmas, there are many promotion now on Home Furnishing and Appliance : )

For those who are in the ready mode of purchase, you may want to look at

1) COURTS 11-26Nov2009 refer http://www.courts.com.sg/ecourts/content/p...1113/courts.pdf

2) BEST DENKI

3) GIANT 13Nov2009-1Jan 2010

4) Wholesale Electronics & Gift Fair 2009,20 -22 Nov2009,Suntec city Level 4

Edited by doremon2009

Thanks for the sharings ; )

Hi,

Sorry, didn't reply your pm as I was busy with my reno started yesterday...past few days were busy packing my house.

See thru your blog with so many peoeple already given their comments...for me...just want to caution you about the HO date committed by Contractor...never tell them you have plenty of time to spare...

On Lamintated flooring, you want to get a quote from Kronotex, I know this guy call Wilson...and he should be able to go up to your place to do site measurement and give you a quote...Kronotex is also a German product... :)

Thanks for the sharings ; )

If you really want to know more about what material to use for you kitchen top etc...u can always goes to the threads that I've written on http://www. myhometown .sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/22/aft/152822/afv/topic/afpgj/1/Default.aspx

If you really want to know more about what material to use for you kitchen top etc...u can always goes to the threads that I've written on http://www. myhometown .sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/22/aft/152822/afv/topic/afpgj/1/Default.aspx

Hi,

Try to go to this link.. but not working leh..

Hi everyone,

The waterproofing is should be 2 layer or 3 layer?

Usually this is done in the kitchen and toilet flooring..

most people do 2 layers

Finalising soon...

ADVISES/HELP required for QUOTATION :help:

Base on floorplan in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...;hl=doremon2009

Are these detail enough?

Any more things to highlight/advise?

Are the price reasonable?

How come I still find the total kind of high? At the same time also fear that there is loophole or things left out?

Items Work Description S$

1 To supply & lay Living, Dining & homogeneous floor tiles (up to $3.40 psf tiles)$3,000.00

2 To supply & lay Kitchen homogeneous floor tiles incl. waterproofing $1,200.00

3 To lay homogeneous tiles in balcony@living area $430.00

4 To supply and create cement base for kitchen cabinet, fridge washing machine and master vanity $600.00

5 To supply & lay entrance and room walkways in Danto Japanese mosaic & quartz tile $800.00

6 To hack & remove service balcony door and window (incl make good damaged areas)$600.00

7 To raise kerbs in toilets and base in master toilet $500.00

8 Sand & haulage fees $850.00

9 Optional Quote for parquet $4,270.00

10 To supply & lay 4 bedrooms w/ Pergo laminate (610 sq ft) $2,860.00

11 To design & fabricate 35 ft kitchen cabinet upper ? $3,500.00

12 To supply & install 17 ft solid surface (Creston/Borelli) $1,275.00

13 Additional storage option for kitchen $960.00

14 To design & fabricate 5 ft pillar divider w/ glass at entryway $900.00

15 To design & fabricate 4 ft full height altar near entrance $880.00

16 To design & fabricate 12 ft full height cupboards w/door outside bomb shelter $2,340.00

17 To design & fabricate 6 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in master bedroom$1,380.00

18 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in master bedroom $400.00

19 To supply & install temepered glass shower screen in master toilet $320.00

20 To supply and install aluminium powder coated sliding doors below vanity in master toilet $280.00

21 To design & fabricate 6.8 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 2 $1,564.00

22 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 2 $400.00

23 To fabricate 2 full height storage cupboards in bedroom 2 $840.00

24 To supply & install aluminium & glass sliding doors in study $795.00

25 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 3 $400.00

26 To fabricate full height storage cupboard in bedroom 3 $420.00

27 To fabricate bedhead in w/storage cubby in bedroom 3 $960.00

28 To design & fabricate 7 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 3 $1,610.00

29 To design & fabricate 8 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in bedroom 3 $1,120.00

30 To design & fabricate bench w/cabinets in study $500.00

29 To design & fabricate 5.6 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in study$784.00

30 To supply & install potbelly iron grilles for balcony@living area $765.00

31 To supply & install sliding window & grilles in service balcony $750.00

32 To supply & install aluminium window grilles for windows in 4 rooms $618.00

33 To paint whole unit in ICI Dulux paint (1 base +2 coats of emulsion paint) max10 $1,500.00

34 To run hot water piping (3 pts) $600.00

35 Double electrical point - $60 per pt

SUB TOTAL $40,971.00

Your kindness to help to advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!