Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Ya talking about tat, mine is whole house reno.. very stress on the short timeline given.. aiyo feeling headache now..

Think I should sleep now haha..

Nice talk to you; )

Catch up again tmr.

By the way, I just notice you mention "mirrow wall decal " ! ; )

Er.. must be my sleep mode kick in thus didn't really digest the whole sentence ..paiseh.

Yeah that's great idea.. I don't have to worry 'breakable' effect..

So you have any clue where to get "mirrow wall decal " in SG esp the whole big piece to cover the big wall.

This will be v v useful. V grateful ; )

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmm.. Trying to visualized ; )

Sound very much like DIY leh..

What kind of material for this protective layer har? where to buy?

Think I can and will do the "cover it with a protective layer. " to prevent trapped dirt .. as for the creative part.. err.. in freehand??my hand is trembling...unless the "glued patterns or shapes " can be purchased from the market.. that's different story leh..

Your mirror .. you intent to install direct on the physical wall ( the brick wall)?

ha... hv not thought about it yet, but i will definitely need one mirror in the dining room - thought reflective laminates on cabinets should works too.

Another mirror wall is for my missing corner in th house. :) Dun like so many mirrors leh.

mayb art friend might have. I dun know if it's acrylic?

Ya talking about tat, mine is whole house reno.. very stress on the short timeline given.. aiyo feeling headache now..

Think I should sleep now haha..

Nice talk to you; )

Catch up again tmr.

i goggle search "modern creative mirrors" just now. Dun know sin have or not?

Found!

Afroditi Krassa's Mirror: An interesting idea for mirror by Afroditi Krassa, which is quite functional wall decal too. Creative Modern ...

www.crookedbrains.net/2009/09/design.html

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Mirror

Hmm.. I am going to have big mirror in the dining area!!

This is to brighten the place since there's no windows for both living area that lead to dining area, except a small balcony, the only place where the natural light and air can flow in.

The mirror will be on the surface of built in feature wall that conceal the storeroom. So instead of wall paper or laminate material on this feature wall, it's a whole big piece of mirror.

In Feng Shui wise it's good as it multiply the abundance of the food in dining area, create a spacious, bright, clean cut look and feel. I love the feel too when I visit those showrooms with mirror.

It'll be my first time to have such in the house. Wow! Dreaming of that.

But then family always question the practicality, when the whole family stay in the house, the movement/traffic ie the walkway will be quite narrow, the kids, the action of carrying things in and out of storeroom esp bulky, heavy,big items. Even shifting in the furnitures before we stay in.. the moving of furnitures pieces to bedrooms, fridge to the kitchen etc will have to pass through the this mirror section of walkway..high risk of accidently knock at the mirror. And all these items high chances is to bring in after the renovation done up.

A bit concern if the big mirror can last for at least 5 yrs.. as it's near the store room.. there will lots of things shift in and out.

Kind of concern if one day some accident knock, the mirror will crack or broken. So if this really happened then, what will that mean to my built in feature wall ie tear down and reconstruct? That will be tough.. but one cannot keep broken mirror!!

Anyone who has installed mirror can advise and share the experience?

I will discourage to have mirror as feature wall if there is kid at home...very dangerous. Even glass door is discourage.

Ever since one time I saw boy in Marina square running toward the mother those was in Creative Store and smashed on the glass door...immediately the head one big balookoo... :( very poor thing and the stupid mother still scolding the son... :furious:

Really feel like walking over to give her a good scolding but wife ask me not to be busybody... ;)

The same thing can happen to mirror too...especially in the dark!

Now that my TV console and dinning table are made of glass, I must get those rubber corner bits to protect against struck against hazards...

Maybe by nature of my job, I am more safety conscious... :notti:

Sorry if anyone think that my comment is too straight forward and mean...

I will discourage to have mirror as feature wall if there is kid at home...very dangerous. Even glass door is discourage.

Ever since one time I saw boy in Marina square running toward the mother those was in Creative Store and smashed on the glass door...immediately the head one big balookoo... :( very poor thing and the stupid mother still scolding the son... :furious:

Really feel like walking over to give her a good scolding but wife ask me not to be busybody... ;)

Now that my TV console and dinning table are made of glass, I must get those rubber corner bits to protect against struck against hazards...

Hi dannywmp,

That's a good point! No worry this forum has to be frank and straight forward haha. Don't think that's mean just by sharing the real thoughts that care ; )

Guess will explore Wall Decal with reflection effect, reflective laminates on cabinets etc..

Anymore type to suggest?

Good point! Definitely must take into consideration! :D

Hi dannywmp,

Thanks for your sharing ; )

I planned for sufficient time for very good quality full reno. ie 3months

Just things doesn't come out the way one planned. Esp now dealing with HDB rectification.. always have to chase, push then the do.

Already stress and tired.

Seems like I have to cut down lots of custom made cabinets, chose those swift way ie buy off the shelf after we shift in to shorten the reno period.

Renovators I spoken too, shared that 3-4weeks is rush, requesting for 8weeks!!

You know what when we sold the old house, the agent keep saying new house from HDB 3-4 weeks to do reno is the norm.No need so long etc..

Again the 'savy' agent is again misrepresenting and misleading.. ; (

Yes you are right, to move things forward and console myself is think about the dream house ; )

Helo, when is your reno commencing?

1 piece of info for you.. if you doing major reno during year end usually ID/contractor will request for longer time frame such as 8 weeks

because year end lotsa of projects and nearing CNY lagi worse.

For mine, ID also request for 8 weeks, but she will try to complete major items by 6 weeks.

By the way, how much is your quote for the mirror by the dining area? I been considering too

so that my dining area can look bigger

Edited by charemme

Helo, when is your reno commencing?

1 piece of info for you.. if you doing major reno during year end usually ID/contractor will request for longer time frame such as 8 weeks

because year end lotsa of projects and nearing CNY lagi worse.

For mine, ID also request for 8 weeks, but she will try to complete major items by 6 weeks.

By the way, how much is your quote for the mirror by the dining area? I been considering too

so that my dining area can look bigger

Hiaz.. this is the answer I have been chasing.. I can only commence reno after HDB done their rectification..

So is unknown..

Quote for mirror.. I have yet to recieve the quote from renovator, hopefully can get back to me by this weekends.

Will share once I have it ; )

Laminate flooring

One concern our family has is the durability and again practicability:

1) We have habit of change position of our furniture pieces once in a blue moon.. to have the change of mood and feel.

So if the table originally place in position A may need to shift to position B.

For laminate flooring, such heavy piece table may have left a dent mark on the 4legs.

2) The habits of shifting the chairs around.. even if it's heavy one has to lift it up then place in new position..

Dragging will create scratches and mark.

3) Water spills/ forgot to close the windows in time during heavy rain time..

Here I just discover this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21548

hmm.. needs to find out more about this quickly..

Hi dannywmp,

That's a good point! No worry this forum has to be frank and straight forward haha. Don't think that's mean just by sharing the real thoughts that care ; )

Guess will explore Wall Decal with reflection effect, reflective laminates on cabinets etc..

Anymore type to suggest?

Wonder if anyone know if there is such wall papers that have reflective effect like mirror?

Gosh! I am kind of lost on how to finalised to the final renovator..

Not sure it's too stress and having this fear of choosing the wrong one..

Really need help.

Beside looking purely at cost, consider the lead time for Hand Over...

Decide the start date and get your contractor to commit to the handover date.

Gosh! I am kind of lost on how to finalised to the final renovator..

Not sure it's too stress and having this fear of choosing the wrong one..

Really need help.

Hmm maybe u can list out those who are in ur considerations here, together with their pros and cons?

Mirror

Hmm.. I am going to have big mirror in the dining area!!

This is to brighten the place since there's no windows for both living area that lead to dining area, except a small balcony, the only place where the natural light and air can flow in.

The mirror will be on the surface of built in feature wall that conceal the storeroom. So instead of wall paper or laminate material on this feature wall, it's a whole big piece of mirror.

In Feng Shui wise it's good as it multiply the abundance of the food in dining area, create a spacious, bright, clean cut look and feel. I love the feel too when I visit those showrooms with mirror.

It'll be my first time to have such in the house. Wow! Dreaming of that.

But then family always question the practicality, when the whole family stay in the house, the movement/traffic ie the walkway will be quite narrow, the kids, the action of carrying things in and out of storeroom esp bulky, heavy,big items. Even shifting in the furnitures before we stay in.. the moving of furnitures pieces to bedrooms, fridge to the kitchen etc will have to pass through the this mirror section of walkway..high risk of accidently knock at the mirror. And all these items high chances is to bring in after the renovation done up.

A bit concern if the big mirror can last for at least 5 yrs.. as it's near the store room.. there will lots of things shift in and out.

Kind of concern if one day some accident knock, the mirror will crack or broken. So if this really happened then, what will that mean to my built in feature wall ie tear down and reconstruct? That will be tough.. but one cannot keep broken mirror!!

Anyone who has installed mirror can advise and share the experience?

You might want to consider this

mirror.gif

ACRYLIC MIRROR

Mirrors are made in a fully computerized plant by mirroring premium graded acrylic sheets, through a hi-tech, state of the art process. They are available in silver and gold colors. For use in just about any place, anywhere as flat sheet forms and fabricated shapes. These mirrors are free from the effect of natural atmospheric condition: moisture, sun, dust etc..

Acrylic mirror lends itself to easy surface engraving, slotting, hot stamping and screen-printing. It adds glamour and illusion of space. It is a wonder surface for wall, ceiling décor, backdrops, building fascia, screens, partitions, automobile interiors, as well as creating innovative furniture, merchandise display and furniture accessories. It is unbelievably simple to use and can be easily surface-designed and fabricated at site with wood working tools.

Material Sizes:

Thickness - 2mm to 6mm

Width - up to 1,220mm

Length - up to 2,440mm

Material Colour:

Silver and Gold

Other sizes, thickness or colours can be produced with minimum order quantity but is subjected to manufacturer's terms and conditions.

Edited by ossify

You might want to consider this

mirror.gif

ACRYLIC MIRROR

Mirrors are made in a fully computerized plant by mirroring premium graded acrylic sheets, through a hi-tech, state of the art process. They are available in silver and gold colors. For use in just about any place, anywhere as flat sheet forms and fabricated shapes. These mirrors are free from the effect of natural atmospheric condition: moisture, sun, dust etc..

Acrylic mirror lends itself to easy surface engraving, slotting, hot stamping and screen-printing. It adds glamour and illusion of space. It is a wonder surface for wall, ceiling décor, backdrops, building fascia, screens, partitions, automobile interiors, as well as creating innovative furniture, merchandise display and furniture accessories. It is unbelievably simple to use and can be easily surface-designed and fabricated at site with wood working tools.

Material Sizes:

Thickness - 2mm to 6mm

Width - up to 1,220mm

Length - up to 2,440mm

Material Colour:

Silver and Gold

Other sizes, thickness or colours can be produced with minimum order quantity but is subjected to manufacturer's terms and conditions.

HI ossify,

Really thanks! The information is useful ; )