Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

PAINT FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE

Renovator SC:

1) Paint whole unit's wall & ceiling with ICI emulsion paint

2) Paint all pipes, doors, doorframes & gate with ICI gloss paint

No breakdown of price, this renovator insist to submit bundle price..

How many coats of paint? how many colours?

Renovator IL:

1) To supply labour and material to paint whole house using nippon paint (4plus1) $1450

4 plus 1 is the no. of rooms? how many colours? how many coats of paint?

Renovator MC

1) Supply labour & material to paint the entire unit (walls&Ceiling using Nippon Vinilex 5000paint) $1,600.00

2) Supply labour & material to Paint all pipes, doors, doors frames with Nippon Gloss paint $250.00

how many colours? how many coats of paint?

Renovator IZ

Supply & apply original ICI Dulux or Nippon paint to all internal walls & ceilings.(Max 8 colours) $1,300.00

Supply & apply ICI gloss paint to all water piping, gates, doors, door frames & sewage pipe. $150.00

how many coats?

Renovator SD

To supply and apply 3 coats of ICI Dulux -Pentalite paint to all internal walls & ceiling ( 1 base coat & 2 finish coats)( up to 8 colours )(Price include painting all doors frame & piping) $1,500.00

seems fair....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All,

By the way, due to some sensitivity at this juncture I may not list out the renovator names till I really finalised.

As who knows one or two of them is actually active in renotalk?

And what if among them there'r one no good one and may mislead others ..

Thus will use abbreviation at this juncture ; )

Well, after which the renovator whom I chose to sign up. I will try to post here the name and to reflect the actual performance. Shld be ok by then?

I guess by then this is the real fact shared. So should be very useful to many.

So if this renovator did a good job, he/she will sure get full of praises but if a bad job done, likewise it will be reflected in here too.

Also it'll be my guage and view.. as me not very particular type ..plus also not very experience one. There will be lots of things I may not know how to detect..

If renovator do cheat on materials or other aspects which I don't know how to detect.. also dangerous..then what to do?

It's a situation really one don't know what one don't know.. chimp..

However, will post here to seek for advise ..

Cos here have so many kind hearted brother and sisters whom are willing to share and best of all 一路走过来的 ie All already have the reno experience with their own house(s) already :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by doremon2009

PAINT FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE

Base on my floorplan area in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24349

Renovator SC:

1) Paint whole unit's wall & ceiling with ICI emulsion paint

2) Paint all pipes, doors, doorframes & gate with ICI gloss paint

No breakdown of price, this renovator insist to submit bundle price..

Renovator IL:

1) To supply labour and material to paint whole house using nippon paint (4plus1) $1450

Renovator MC

1) Supply labour & material to paint the entire unit (walls&Ceiling using Nippon Vinilex 5000paint) $1,600.00

2) Supply labour & material to Paint all pipes, doors, doors frames with Nippon Gloss paint $250.00

Renovator IZ

Supply & apply original ICI Dulux or Nippon paint to all internal walls & ceilings.(Max 8 colours) $1,300.00

Supply & apply ICI gloss paint to all water piping, gates, doors, door frames & sewage pipe. $150.00

Renovator SD

To supply and apply 3 coats of ICI Dulux -Pentalite paint to all internal walls & ceiling ( 1 base coat & 2 finish coats)( up to 8 colours )(Price include painting all doors frame & piping) $1,500.00

So which paint is better? :help:

I did try to google about the description but turn out I become more confuse..

拜托those who knows something about paint give advise pls.. :help:

Perhaps, u can ask them which range they are using or allowing u to use? Er...I am more particular abt paint...so this is purely my own comments hor...

Understand u have kids ya? hmm....so if u are using ICI Dulux; I think Dulux Wash & Wear will be better for you.

If u decided to use Nippon paint, Easywash, odourless or 3 in 1 range are ok also.

All the top ceiling are usually paint white...Pentalite is good enough.

I agree with Lord Vader from Star War,how many coats is impt also.

p.s.: Actually, u can go to any paint shop or homefix...take a look at the catalogue..usually, the better technology or newer range are on the first few pages of the catalogue...

if you can have somebody to monitor and be your eyes, perhaps you can consider hiring a painter ($80.00 per day) and buy your own paint.

oil-based sealant and good paint (like medifresh/easywash) would cost about $500 for 4-rm, painter paint 2 days more than enough ($160) so in total you spend $660.

up to you :D

Usually, ID will quote (4 plus 1) <- I can't remember. But you can check with them.

4 plus 1 from my understanding is... U can choose up to 4 color... the plus 1 is (white)

Bro,

7) Heavy Duty 4mm thick floor laminates? basically this means AC3 grade, if AC 3 grade than how can it be heavy duty???

(mayb im mistaken, but AC3/AC5, brand and warranty plays a part in the costing factor.. to me lah)

4mm seem too thin for me .... I only heard got 7/8/10 mmm etc etc ... not lower then 4mm ....

Actually if it's possible I will assign 1 renovator to do all but just that I need to be clear to specify what I want and guess with all your advise to tell him/her what type of paint I want at where.. now I got a new good point at least 2 coat paint right?

So I need to lock down what is quality delivery spec.And if he/she didn't do well, will be resposible as whole for the reno and can ask to repaint till it's seems right.

As I have never do before thus not sure if I get a painter.. if there is any blind spot I dont know or miss out to paint..?The painter may 做完后,拍拍屁就走人..

And if I discover anything miss out or wrong later.. I may not be able to get him or I may have to pay extra again.

But if I really confident enough I really don't mind get the painter myself haha..

Its very hard to go point by point to compare like this. Its never ending and super tiring and the outcome may not be justifiable. You are abit overwhelm already because there is too much to know.

There are too many intangible factors to consider as well.

Select on ID that you trust and go ahead with it.

My painting turn out quite nicely :)

It boils down to whether you want a smooth reno experience without need to be worried about anything such as schedule, coordination etc, or you prefer to diy and get all the cheapest items possible from different contractors. A lot of discounts are inbuilt along the way together with freebies as you proceed with your renovation.

Fully agree.. but actually I am not so much about getting the cheapest price.. but more of my ignorance of what paint suppose to be used and if the use the wrong one then it will be v 'jia lak' later..and cause more headache when whole family already stayed inside. :(

As for whether they paint it well, I will sure go for the site visit of house they done before.. guess newbie like me can only see if the color even or not, got patches or not, smooth or not..any peeling effect.. :horse:

not sure about if there's any strong smell or not though.. Actually new paint got smell or not har?

And usually has to wait till how long after paint then check?

:paint:

if all cannot meet then got to ask them to do it till it seems right to me lor.

:help:

Anything I miss out on how to check if a quality work has been delivered?

if you can have somebody to monitor and be your eyes, perhaps you can consider hiring a painter ($80.00 per day) and buy your own paint.

oil-based sealant and good paint (like medifresh/easywash) would cost about $500 for 4-rm, painter paint 2 days more than enough ($160) so in total you spend $660.

up to you :D

just to add to what ossify said....if u are really concerned, u can buy the paint and just ask u contractor to paint for u.

or you can get ICI or Nippon to supply u with paint n paint ur house for u. sometimes i get brochures or catalogues (from ICI or Nippon) in the mailbox with promotions for painting the entire HDB flat.

just my thoughts.

LV

Hi All,

By the way, due to some sensitivity at this juncture I may not list out the renovator names till I really finalised.

As who knows one or two of them is actually active in renotalk?

And what if among them there'r one no good one and may mislead others ..

Thus will use abbreviation at this juncture ; )

Well, after which the renovator whom I chose to sign up. I will try to post here the name and to reflect the actual performance. Shld be ok by then?

I guess by then this is the real fact shared. So should be very useful to many.

So if this renovator did a good job, he/she will sure get full of praises but if a bad job done, likewise it will be reflected in here too.

Also it'll be my guage and view.. as me not very particular type ..plus also not very experience one. There will be lots of things I may not know how to detect..

If renovator do cheat on materials or other aspects which I don't know how to detect.. also dangerous..then what to do?

It's a situation really one don't know what one don't know.. chimp..

However, will post here to seek for advise ..

Cos here have so many kind hearted brother and sisters whom are willing to share and best of all 一路走过来的 ie All already have the reno experience with their own house(s) already :sport-smiley-003:

Hmm I think just read the reviews on them...sometimes you just have to trust them. for example when I selected my contractor I did so because I felt comfortable with him and because basically he just gave me and my husband a good feeling. I also have no experience prior to renovating this house of mine...

For paint, I used Dulux and Nippon...most of my walls are painted using Pentalite and so far it looks great...though in kitchen and bathroom better to use those anti-mould paint...

Perhaps, u can ask them which range they are using or allowing u to use? Er...I am more particular abt paint...so this is purely my own comments hor...

Understand u have kids ya? hmm....so if u are using ICI Dulux; I think Dulux Wash & Wear will be better for you.

If u decided to use Nippon paint, Easywash, odourless or 3 in 1 range are ok also.

All the top ceiling are usually paint white...Pentalite is good enough.

I agree with Lord Vader from Star War,how many coats is impt also.

p.s.: Actually, u can go to any paint shop or homefix...take a look at the catalogue..usually, the better technology or newer range are on the first few pages of the catalogue...

Hi all,

Really useful info to me : )

Now I know where to look for ..